For those who HATED the idea of Abby Mallard in Town Square...

polarboi

Stitch has never been cool. Ever.

Your opinion.

Stitch was, in fact, a very popular character with a fun and unique marketing campaign when he first appeared on the scene. The widespread internet Stitch-bashing didn't start until after SGE came out.

Stitch remains a popular character with most guests. It's primarily the WDW internet communities that like to bash him, and that's mostly a result of the negative feelings about SGE and the "Stitch takes over the MK" tie-in, now over.

-p.b. :cool:

Mecha Figment

I think this is a humorous observation. Disney has two Chicken Littles. the one from a classic short way back when and the current incarnation. The 1943 version is on the Disney Rarities - Celebrated Shorts: 1920s - 1960s DVD

rarities-12.jpg

current

ChickenLittle_300x298.jpg

Blackie Pueblo

I'm curious why they pulled Abby? Anyone have any news? Is there a plan or something or has Chicken Little run it's course so they are going back to an older popular character.

Also I think that would be a great idea if they could have more characters for meets it would be great. I know it would cost hiring more employees, but I often wondered why they don't have a meet and greet place that has several characters that rotate out all day. It's not like they don't have characters for the entire day.

"Why do we have to grow up?"
---Walter Elias Disney

Kuhio

Your opinion.

Stitch was, in fact, a very popular character with a fun and unique marketing campaign when he first appeared on the scene. The widespread internet Stitch-bashing didn't start until after SGE came out.

Stitch remains a popular character with most guests. It's primarily the WDW internet communities that like to bash him, and that's mostly a result of the negative feelings about SGE and the "Stitch takes over the MK" tie-in, now over.

I liked Lilo & Stitch and have always been fond of Stitch as a character. I do think, however, that there's been a little oversaturation of Stitch in all of the WDW parks -- and I don't mean just SGE.

Based on my survey of merchandise last week, it feels like Stitch is on something like 1 out of every 5 t-shirts or pins... second only to the Fab Four, and at least on par with the classic Disney characters that have traditionally been just a notch below the Fab Four (e.g., Chip and Dale, etc.).

polarboi

I do think, however, that there's been a little oversaturation of Stitch in all of the WDW parks -- and I don't mean just SGE.

Based on my survey of merchandise last week, it feels like Stitch is on something like 1 out of every 5 t-shirts or pins...

I agree that Stitch is oversaturated. But again, it just shows that the character is popular. You'd never see so many Stitch-related souvenirs if they didn't sell as well as they do. My comment was just a response to the person who suggested that Stitch "has never been cool." Clearly, some people disagree, or they wouldn't be buying all this stuff.

Back to the topic at hand, I think it's a shame that the Chicken Little characters didn't have more staying power. I had high hopes for the movie, and for me it never really lived up to the hype. I think the characters deserved a better vehicle than they ultimately got. Sadly, Disney's had a really hard time getting its recent non-Pixar releases to really "stick" with audiences the way the older Disney films do.

I think the Meet the Robinsons characters are memorable enough to be around the parks more, though. And I'll be really interested to see what happens with some of the upcoming Disney films we keep hearing about, including Enchanted. (Think they'll be face characters?)

Greenlawler

There is a day sort of like this "unknown character day." We call it the Halloween parties. We usually toss out a few characters that you can't see normally. Big bad wolf, uncle scrooge, huey, dewey, louie, goliath, etc. Though i agree, this is a cool idea. If toon town were much larger i'd say that should be done there all the time. Odd characters just wandering around their town. Oh well:shrug:

BTW, I really chicken little. Agreed that Abby ain't the cutest...but i thought the movie was good.

Well we have been to the Halloween parties for the last four years and never seem many of the characters you alluded to. I have been dissapointed actualy with the lack of characetrs at the parties. You would think for a premium event they would have many many characeters instead they have about the same number as a regular park day. Maybe some rarities but once they have been out every Halloween they no longer become rarities for the most part its been same old same old for the past four years.

PKD

Rejoice Brothers and Sisters!

Pinocchio will be back tomorrow in Town Square. Chicken Little will still be doing Meet and Greets, however Abby Mallard will be no more.

:sohappy:

Why would someone not want Abby out in Town Square?

Dragonrider1227

Hey, some of us enjoyed Chicken Little for the simple popcorn comedy it was. They're still Disney characters and have every right to be in the parks as any other Disney character. EQUAL RIGHTS FOR ALL DISNEY CHARACTERS!!!

Sir Hiss527

What characters usually appear now in Town Square? I really didn't enjoy 'chicken little' all that much, so not a big loss at all. They should go back to the animation building, where all the other pixar films are.

netenyahoo

I think it is funny that so many people do not like having characters out for meet and greats. I want more characters out in general. Abby Mallard should be out as well as Pinocchio. There is enough room for everyone.

Dragonrider1227

I think it is funny that so many people do not like having characters out for meet and greats. I want more characters out in general. Abby Mallard should be out as well as Pinocchio. There is enough room for everyone.
That's just what I thought. More characters add... well... more character :p

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom