For those of you who have been entertainment CP's before...

MMP

Original Poster
I was just wondering what the average amount of hours you got was. And let's say hypothetically you were in a high demand height range like the mouse range. I've done the CP before, for a whole year actually, but this August will be my first time in entertainment. Also what is the new pay like for entertainment? Is there a premium similar to qsr? I worked qsr before and would be shocked if I made less money in entertainment. I mean I'd get over it of course because this is all priceless experiance, I just think it would be odd. I know you get a premium for parades and shows but what is the hourly pay for meet'n'greets? And as someone with a lot of dance experiance do I have a good chance of being color coded for parades and possibly shows?
Thanks, I think all the questions I'm asking are appropriate for public posting, but if I have more detailed questions I'll private message those of you in the know.

bsummer

You are guarunteed the cp minimum hours, although i get 40 or more hours a week and there are always axtra shifts to pick up. And yes you will be paid less, .35 less. Ent. cps get 6.55 for normal meet and greets and then there are parade, show, and face premiums. You should be fine with color coding, it depends on your height range and how long you will be there to determine whether or not you will get trained for anything.

MMP

Original Poster
I guess it's only 20 cents less than I made when I was working food which was before the pay raises.
How much are the parade and show premiums?

WDWKat26

MMP said:
I guess it's only 20 cents less than I made when I was working food which was before the pay raises.
How much are the parade and show premiums?

There are no parade premiums. I'm not sure about shows, because the only way you will get show pay right now is if you work Beauty and the Beast (which is either equity or full time) or Cinderellabration (Face or Equity). I have a friend who is in a high-demand height range and she's worked between 38 and 60 or 70 hours in a week. She was best buds with Mickey and Donald.

MMP

Original Poster
That's weird, I've always heard there were parade premiums. I believe you of course, I guess it's just been a longstanding rumor about the parade premiums or something they've changed lately. I know that after the HCOE ends they're going back to Cinderella's Surprise Celebration which involves lots of fur characters so maybe I'll have better luck with that. I'm rather dissapointed that I can't be a dancing tea cup in Beauty and the Beast though!

kcw

WDWKat26 said:
I'm not sure about shows, because the only way you will get show pay right now is if you work Beauty and the Beast (which is either equity or full time) or Cinderellabration (Face or Equity)

so where does fantasmic fit in? is it not considered a show? or does it just not get show pay?

kcw said:
so where does fantasmic fit in? is it not considered a show? or does it just not get show pay?

maybe it has something to do with the fact that the actors actually have to sing/speak in Cinderellabration and Beauty and the Beast? Just a guess.

joanna71985

Taryn said:
maybe it has something to do with the fact that the actors actually have to sing/speak in Cinderellabration and Beauty and the Beast? Just a guess.

Not all of them. Just the Duke, Fairy Godmother, and Cinderella from Cinderellabration and Belle and Gaston from BATB.

WDWKat26

Ah yes, Fantasmic is also show pay. All of the Court Dancers in Cinderellabration are Equity. Everyone else is just getting show pay.

Unfortunately there are no parade premiums, and to be honest I wish there were.

As for them going back to Cinderella's Suprise Celebration after HCOE that is currently a rumor, so don't get your hopes up just yet. Hope this helps :)

kcw

ok i'm gonna make myself look dumb here for a second... but keep in mind, all I know is Disneyland, not Disney World!! haha is Cinderella's Suprise Celebration and Cinderellabration the same thing?! and what is HCOE?

yes it would make sense to have a premium for parades as well because of the extra time and effort that goes into them- although, do you get paid for time spent in rehearsals learning the dances??

joanna71985

kcw said:
ok i'm gonna make myself look dumb here for a second... but keep in mind, all I know is Disneyland, not Disney World!! haha is Cinderella's Suprise Celebration and Cinderellabration the same thing?! and what is HCOE?

yes it would make sense to have a premium for parades as well because of the extra time and effort that goes into them- although, do you get paid for time spent in rehearsals learning the dances??

HCOE- Happiest Celebration on Earth (the current celebration going on now)

Cinderella's Surprise Celebration- the old castle show. It involved Mickey and friends as well as Cinderella, Snow White, and Belle.

Cinderellabration- the current castle show. It has Cinderella being crowned a princess.

WDWKat26

kcw said:

Yeah we get paid training for learning roles in parades.

Ugh...Cinderellabration...Let's crown her Princess 8 times a day.

spectro0294

Just curious, what's the pay like for full-time character performers? I'm a CP right now and am looking at going full-time in January. Also, is there anyway to request parades because I want to work Spectro, as one of the feared Spectromen. my heights around 5'7-5'8 and I've got very, very, minimal dance experience, but I can learn. HELP!

WDWKat26

I'm not sure what the pay is now for FT Entertainment CM's. But, you can always call Casting at 407-824-1000 for information on that. You're in my height and you want to work at the parade I always work in :) Aww! The only thing is, when you start, you have to get a color code before you even have a chance of getting parades. That's the thing about entertainment that a lot of people don't get, it takes patience. Good luck! :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom