For the first time, I've finally seen the fabled mythical Brazillian Tour Groups

musketeer

Original Poster
This week was my 9th trip to Disney as an adult, every time I go is either in the middle of the summer or christmas time. This was my first (and probably last) time going in an off-time. And up until this point, I thought the Brazillian tour group was just a thing of legend. And this time, I finally got to witness it! Flags, chanting, same clothing, all of it! I don't have anything negative or positive to say, it was just neat to finally see what has been talked about so much.

LucyK

I wouldn't mind the same clothing, or even the flags, but the chanting has got to go!:eek: They are very large groups. I wish somehow they could be limited in size.:(
The size is the main problem in my opinion. If they were forced to separate into smaller groups of 10 individuals each, it'd be very easier to maneuver around or even getting in line behind them.

The Mighty Tim

I might have posted this before elsewhere, but I'll repost it here anyway.

Brazilian tour groups are not a phenomenon unique to Disney. We get tour groups from various countries, including Brazil, to my home town. One day, I was at the bus station waiting to catch my bus home, when the bus shows up, and a zillion South Americans get off the bus, laughing, singing and chanting, all in their matching outfits. After they'd all piled off the bus, the bus driver gets off, looking exasperated. He turns to us waiting passengers and says with a long, heavy sigh "they've been singing. All the way!".

Poor guy looked like he's been through hell and back!

mf1972

When we went in September, they were everywhere you turned. We didn't understand what was going on. I had never seen them before either but man, were they annoying. Disney must have a huge marketing campaign going there.

I've only come accoss them 2 or 3 times during a stay about 8-9 years ago. as everyone says, they do get loud, rude, & obnoxious. I remember being in the UK at Epcot & able to hear them shouting & clapping from across the lake.

Hot Lava

Well, you'd think if there'd be anyplace where a large group of people spontaneously breaking out into a musical number would be appreciated, it'd be WDW.

Well, maybe if it was more revue style, or a musical scene from a classic musical; maybe from a Disney movie to make it really applicable and relevant. Mary Poppins? I am partial to The Little Mermaid. :) The chanting just seems to be unending cheerleader tryouts.

FigmentsFangirl

I see them pretty much each time I go in the winter months {Jan-feb} normally they're resrticted to certain parks, say EPCOT or Magic Kingdom, and the other parks aren't affected until the next day. Normally though Downtown Disney is loaded with them regardless of what park they went to. thankfully ih ave yet to hear any of them singing or chanting.

Never thought of them as mythical beings though. fabled yes, because some people never seen then before.

Nice to read that someone finally saw a few :)

ToyStoryMiss

I have yet to see the BTGs, actually. I don't recall seeing those groups, but I've seen groups from other countries..
I remember one from Mexico, one from Japan (oh, they had these cute Mickey hats on!), etc. And they were all polite, no singing or chanting in the middle of waiting areas. :happy: And none had flags, either.
One day, I'll encounter the BTG's. Or, hopefully, not. :p

Marc Gil

I remember defending these tour groups. I remember saying that they were well behaved and that they weren't all that bad... Well, I too had an experience with them not too long ago.

It was one of those crowded nights at Magic Kingdom, and the park was just closing. The Express Monorail line was winding around the Main Entrance. For once the Cast Members were actually telling us to use the resort section (I actually parked at Poly because I ate a Kona Cafe that evening). So I went on my merry way to the empty resort monorail. After a few seconds up the incline, I hear a loud blast of voices. There was all this commotion behind me. I looked, and there they were... A Brazilian Tour Group.

Now this wasn't all too bad, I actually admired their enthusiasm... But the minute we boarded the monorail there was a problem. I made sure to find a cabin with none of them inside, but unfortunately, the one I chose was packed like a sardine can, and it this point all the cabins were, so there was no point in switching. All of a sudden, 3 Brazilian "groupees", including one on a wheelchair tried to squeeze in our cabin.

There was absolutely no room. Everyone in our cabin looked at them as if they were crazy. I was standing, and they literally tried to push me over so they could make more room. They did not say excuse me either in English or Portuguese, they just shoved their way right through. They even parked their wheelchair right in front of the safety bar, so I could not reach it anymore.

When the monorail departed and started accelerating, my brother who also couldn't reach the safety bar as well, fell on top of the Brazilian "groupees".

All three of them gave him the dirties faces. I couldn't help but smile. Almost everyone left after we reached the TTC, even the Brazilians, so we practically had the monorail to ourselves until our stop at poly.

And that's my Brazilian Tour Group horror story.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom