For Race Fans Only

MobileBadBoy

Account Suspended
Original Poster
I hope QVC doesn't sue me! :D

I've seen alot of race fans on the board, thought we should have a thread (if it's been done before, ignore it, I haven't seen it, so it's all new :D)

So who's your favorite driver? Why ? How long have you been a fan?

Me. Ok. I started in 1991-92 with Davey Allison. "Local" boy, and I instantly became a fan. Unfortunately, that didn't last very long (RIP). Being that the 28 car got me into racing, I followed it.

Skip ahead to 1994. Ernie Irvan nearly dies at Michigan, Dale Jarrett hopped in, so I followed my 28 like a good boy. I grew a liking for DJ, and when the 88 was born, I followed DJ, and have a been a Jarrett fan since then.

My other, Dale Earnhardt Jr. No, I'm no Dale Sr. fan turned Jr. fan. No, I didn't become a Jr. fan because his daddy died. I've been a Dale Jr. fan since 1998, his rookie Busch year. I have the t-shirts and diecasts to prove my following. I followed him through back to back Busch championships, and still follow him to this day.

I was at Talladega in April when he won, and I was at Talladega this past Octber when he won. I've been to Talladega several time between now and 1996. I was at the fastest Talladega race ever, when Mark Martin won, in a caution free race.

My other favorites. Jimmy Johnson. I so wish he had another owner, but regardless, I've watched him since he came in, and he hasn't proved me wrong. I just hope he isn't a 1 season wonder like Harvick.

Ryan Newman, again, one I've watched since he came in, and he's been a bad . I got his autograph in April. Good guy. As long as he doesn't turn cocky (if you know about him, it doesnt seem likely to happen) I will be a fan.

Mark Martin. He's a fav. Not so much now as way back when I got into it, but if he can sneak into this championship win, I'll be really happy for him. He got penalized after this weekend's race, but he's still only 112 out.

But DJ and Lil E are my boys. DJ fan since the 88 existed, Lil E fan since he started Busch. Those are my true ones. I've had people doubt my Jr. fan status, but I have the diecasts/shirts/etc to prove myself. :D

So, this was fairly long, but give your race history, I dont care how long you ramble, I'll read it. I hope every other race fan here will too.

Debbie

I have always been a fan of drag racing. Angelle Savoie grew up down the street from where I live now. We went trick or treating at her parents' house last week. My husband tried to get a '3time champion' shirt from her mom but she doesn't even have one yet.
I love Nascar! My favs are: Dale Jr, Michael Waltrip, Jeff Gordon, Tony Stewert, Ryan Newman, Kurt Busch, Jimmy Johnson, and I like Steve Park.
Although I like alot of drivers, every Sunday I cheer for DEI cars to win.
I started watching Nascar just to check the cars out, then I got into the racing itself.

btb6mm

Hey It's Mark Martin for me all the way! Mark is the man! even if NASCAR tries to keep him from winning the Championship he will always be a Champion to me.
I like a lot of other drivers too. Mostly the Roush raceing drivers. But I like Rudd, Jarrett, Elliott, Petty, Ward Burton, and Rusty Wallace.
I've been following Nascar since the early 90's and I'm a racing Nut.

GO MARK AND BLUE CREW!!!!:)

Sean23

Dale Earnhardt Jr. was at the Nascar Cafe - Universal Orlando a few months back. I am not a big nascar fan but my dad and brother are.

JuniorTOT

Account Suspended
Originally posted by MobileBadBoy
Tell your dad he's the smarter one in the family. :lol:

:lol:

Sean23: Everytime we go to IOA or US, we go to Nascar Cafe at least twice. Sometimes just for some milkshakes! :D The simulator they have there is okay... I love when you are eating and they turn on the cars wheels though, totally awesome.

MobileBadBoy

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Yeah. Jr. was at the Motorsports Hall of Fame last month during Talladega weekend. I snagged a couple of pics of him. I was about 6 feet away, and luckily tall enough to see over the top of everyone with my camera.

Being 6' 5" has its advantages. :D

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
I was brought up watching the races.
Dale Jr. , Harvick,Michael Waltrip are my current favs. I miss watching Earnhardt and DW on the track. Long live #3!

mousecar

I like Rusty Wallace - First driver I met and very nice. Hope he wins one of the last 2 races. Dale Jarrett - got to play in his golf tournament this year and had a great time. Jeff Gordon - has a lot of championships left in him. Terry Labonte - hope he wins a race sometime. Tony Stewart - was the most personable driver I've met so far. You get more than just a nod of the head and an autograph, he'll actually sit and talk with you. Richard Petty - I live in the middle of Petty country.

By the way, anybody have any cool pictures to post of cars or drivers?

MobileBadBoy

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Originally posted by mousecar
Tony Stewart - was the most personable driver I've met so far. You get more than just a nod of the head and an autograph, he'll actually sit and talk with you.
That's not the first time I've heard that. I have a buddy who met him and actually sat and talked with him for like 10 minutes. As bad as Tony's rep is portrayed on TV and other media, I still like him and think he's just getting it worse than it seems. I know I have a bad temper, no one ever gives me much grief about it.

Originally posted by mousecar
By the way, anybody have any cool pictures to post of cars or drivers?
I'm working on a Talladega site right now. i have quite alot of pictures of the track, random cars, the Motorsports Hall of Fame, and other general things around there.

Hopefully I'll get the site up soon. Paying work is getting in the way of hobby work, lol.

MobileBadBoy

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Ignore the arrow, lol. I sent the pic to a fairly non-race fan, so I needed to point him out. Didn't feel like scanning the image in again.

mousecar

Is that a picture from the EA Sports challenge at Talladega?
If it is, do you happen to remember what track he raced the fan on? I just got Nascar Thunder 2003 and it's hard to stop playing career mode.

MobileBadBoy

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Yeah, that's what its from. But sorry I don't know the track. Once they announced he wasn't doing autographs (after all the radio stations up there announced he was, and everyone had a bunch of stuff to sign), I waited around long enough to get a pic and leave. They just started playing when that pic was taken. Then we left.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom