for my gf's 18th

pilka214

so my girlfriend, of now 8 months, is turning 18 in october. so i decided to do something really nice and take her for a weekend at disney.... so i booked two nights at the Pop Century resort, am going to get her a two day ticket, we're goin to MK and leavin around 7 since it's mnsshp, and i already booked dinner one night at the california grill, in the contemprary, for her bday dinner. and the next day we're going to animal kingdom... but i was wondering, is there anythign special they do at Pop century in particular for someones bday, like some chocolates or something. or is there anything i haven't thought of yet, which you guys believe is a must, i'm open to suggestions? thanx

mousefan1972

Wow, what a lucky girl! :lol:

If you let the resort know ahead of time that it is her b-day, they will put a card w/balloons in the room for her. If you booked yourself through Disney, call them and ask that it be noted on your reservation that it is her b-day. If you used a travel agent, they will need to do it for you.

Upvote 0

kasey1988

sounds like a great trip, defintally call the hotel and let then know its her birthday and they usually leave somthing special in the room. Also get a birthday button for her!

Also does she know about this trip? You might want to make sure shes up for it (or well her parents were), i know when i was 17 and still in high school i dont think my parents would let me go away with my boyfriend for two nights, alone..

But have fun! ps.....also call the resutrant before hand and let them know your celebrating a birthday!

Upvote 0

Boray

Also does she know about this trip? You might want to make sure shes up for it (or well her parents were), i know when i was 17 and still in high school i dont think my parents would let me go away with my boyfriend for two nights, alone..

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. My parents would have killed this plan, big time...

Upvote 0

DisneyDancer312

yeah, really, im 18 and there would be no way id be able to go with my boyfriend and we've been together for 2 1/2 years. have u talked to her parents?

but that is a very nice idea!

Upvote 0

pilka214

Original Poster
oh ya, i thought about all of that, her mom knows and my parents are cool with it, and she def. knows, i didn't tell her which resort, and where we're goin to dinner, so a few little surprises here and there.

Upvote 0

pilka214

Original Poster
lol well look at this honestly from my perspective, ya i gotta throw out some big bucks, but i live within a 30 minute drive of disney world, and i take any chance i have to go. I think it's a win win situation :D:D:D:D

Upvote 0

Raven66

Not in my neighborhood! I'd laugh my head off if my daughter even mentioned a trip like this.

As the mother of a girl I completely agree. She is only 11 right now, but I know that by the time she turned 18 my feelings will not have changed. My DH has even told her that he will be sitting in his chair cleaning one of his guns when the young men start to come over to take her on dates. He is only kidding of course. :lookaroun

Tim........Don't worry your time will come. I don't know about the other ladies on here, but I dated the bad boys but ended up marrying a wonderfully nice man. :)

Upvote 0

jjgoo

If you want something special delivered to the room you can contact the disney florist I believe www.disneyflorist.com. Also let the CM that checks you in know that it is her birthday. They might take the initiative to leave a signed picture and balloons in the room. This has happened to me before.

Have fun!

Upvote 0

Crazy4WDW1

You shouldn't count on getting balloons and a card in your room. When we go down for birthdays, we always let reservations know and when checking in always mention it at the front desk. Sometimes we get them and sometimes we don't.

Has any one ever called the gift show in their resort ahead of time and ordered things for their room???

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom