For Disney lovers who stay at Value resorts.

ExtinctJenn

ASMo is our favorite but on our next trip we plan to stay in a Cars Suite at AoA. It'll be a one-time thing for us. We are a family of 3 so we don't need that much space and we typically spend very little time in our room. We just want to do an AoA suite once to have the experience of it and then we'll probably go back to ASMo every year (or one of the others if they are booked). Being that our trips are myself, DS and DH, the option of a Little Mermaid room at AoA wasn't well received as an alternative. LOL!!

Disneydreamer23

Original Poster
I wad there in August the walk from lm to main hall was far that's a disadvantage but i well take a car so i can drive there lol

jlthomas81

Next week will be our second time staying at PO! We love it. Stayed at ASMO before, and liked it, but the whole bus thing is just too much for me!! We are planning to walk over to AoA and check it out. For the extra cost for the same room at POP, I think that we will probably continue to stay at POP and use the bridge to visit AoA to see the "lands". I don't need to stay there to be able to experience it!! :)

ExtinctJenn

For the extra cost for the same room at POP, I think that we will probably continue to stay at POP and use the bridge to visit AoA to see the "lands". I don't need to stay there to be able to experience it!! :)
What is the price difference between the comparable rooms? Obviously you can't compare a room at POP to one of the suites but how does a room at POP compare to the Little Mermaid wing? I don't think I've seen the LM room prices officially yet. I thought the idea was the LM rooms were priced the same as the other value resort "single rooms?"

jlthomas81

What is the price difference between the comparable rooms? Obviously you can't compare a room at POP to one of the suites but how does a room at POP compare to the Little Mermaid wing? I don't think I've seen the LM room prices officially yet. I thought the idea was the LM rooms were priced the same as the other value resort "single rooms?"

Okay, so I looked up the prices for a 5 day weekday only trip next fall (2013) because it does not list the price for LM AOA this year. Here is what I found....

ASMo: $450
AoA: $525
POP: $500

That would be a Sunday-Friday stay the same week.

ratherbeinwdw

Our room in the LM section is 97.00 for weekdays and 113.00 for weekend days. You can't beat that for a new room.

muteki

We have stayed at POP, Sports, and Music. In our opinion POP is definitely first in that list, followed by Sports, with Music waaaaaay back in 3rd. Were not impressed with it.

I would like to stay at AoA but the prices are almost pushing it out of the value category right now. They can do it too, because demand is so high (and from what I hear, the experience is approaching moderate level anyway). That combined with us having little reason for a suite right now make it unlikely we will stay there anytime soon.

That being said, next time we are at Pop, we will definitely take the walk across the bridge to check it out and try out the food.

CP_alum08

If we're staying at a value, we're staying at Pop. We've stayed in Movies and Sports and were not impressed by either. My GF is a Little Mermaid fan so I'm surprising her with a stay in those rooms at AoA when we go for the EPCOT 30th. Hopefully they are as nice as the suites look. The last couple times we've gone we have stayed at moderates. Our pace is starting to slow and we are taking more time to enjoy what the resorts have to offer and the moderates definitely offer more.

jlthomas81

It looks like AoA is about $5 more per night than POP and about $10 more than ASMo. Not bad to stay at the newer hotel and have your own dedicated bus line.

ExtinctJenn

Okay, so I looked up the prices for a 5 day weekday only trip next fall (2013) because it does not list the price for LM AOA this year. Here is what I found....

ASMo: $450
AoA: $525
POP: $500

That would be a Sunday-Friday stay the same week.

Our room in the LM section is 97.00 for weekdays and 113.00 for weekend days. You can't beat that for a new room.

It looks like AoA is about $5 more per night than POP and about $10 more than ASMo. Not bad to stay at the newer hotel and have your own dedicated bus line.
Ok so it's not that huge of a difference and when you consider quality (i.e. the LM furnishings/bedding being newer) it's an acceptable difference. I was gonna say it would be ridiculous to be a huge difference since it's the same room (as you said).

Mongomil

I will try them all. So far we have not stayed at the same resort. I wanna try them all before going back to one that we have stayed at.

cba

Last time I went to Disney I stayed at All-Star Sports. We found it very nice, and I really enjoyed the football field they had :) .

ImagineerDude

How? What? Why? Were you carrying gold bullion? o_O
Well, we SUSPECT it was the maid....very suspicious especially because as we returned from AK in midday, our door was closed (they usually clean with doors open right?) and we walked in she was rapidly speaking Spanish (I didn't know it at the time) and she practically ran away but she did leave a towel elephant :) Needless to say, our stuff was delivered a few days after we returned home but it was mostly moldy and we didn't even get a free night upgrade...I should've asked!!!

Disneydreamer23

Original Poster
The maid stole some thing from me my last trip, I accidentally left the safe key in the safe on accident trying to run out and catch a dining ressie, I had 400.00 set aside for tips there was 120.00 left ( i only had a few days left) when i opened it up i was missing 20.00 i know it was there i write it down but i figured i was the dummie

We stayed at AoA (Cars) The last week of August for 4 nights then switched to POP for 3 nights. We really wished we had not moved to POP. Crowds were very small at AoA it was as if it were empty. Very few people in food court bus stop etc... When we moved to POP is was crowded. The food court was a zoo.

One night when leaving the MK at closing while staying at POP we caught the bus back to AoA and just walked to our room at POP. The wait at the MK bus stop for POP looked like at least a three bus wait. On the other hand the AoA line was very short. We got on the first bus and actually had a seat to sit in.

Im sure things will get busier at AoA

englanddg

One Little Spark...
We stayed at AoA (Cars) The last week of August for 4 nights then switched to POP for 3 nights. We really wished we had not moved to POP. Crowds were very small at AoA it was as if it were empty. Very few people in food court bus stop etc... When we moved to POP is was crowded. The food court was a zoo.

One night when leaving the MK at closing while staying at POP we caught the bus back to AoA and just walked to our room at POP. The wait at the MK bus stop for POP looked like at least a three bus wait. On the other hand the AoA line was very short. We got on the first bus and actually had a seat to sit in.

Im sure things will get busier at AoA

I stayed at Pop and snagged AoA busses all the time on my last trip in August too.

JimboJones123

Pop is great, but the hikes can be long. Food court lines are crazy too. We started going to All Star Music.

Never a food court line deeper than 2 guests because of all the family suites. Entertainment at night is top notch poolside too.

JimboJones123

I just booked my first trip to Disney in over 8 years. We will be staying at AoA in Feb 2013. They haven't offered the free dining plan yet for that time, but if they so and it is not available for AoA, we will switch hotels. I'm a little nervous about staying in a value (I've only ever stayed at deluxe), but with the cost of Disney, I can't justify another $500 or so on just a hotel room.

We always price all ranges and decide that a 12 night trip for the same cost of a 4 night trip plus more spending money -- Value all the way.

wilkeliza

We have stayed at values the last 3 of our 4 vacations and we are staying at Pop 2 more times this year. We are spending one weekend this year at AoA just to see what it is like but I think for the price and nostalgia Pop is our resort as of now.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom