FOP or River Journey Fastpass?

HonorableMention

Original Poster
I’m planning a trip to WDW this summer and have been wondering if it’s better to try and get a FP for FOP or the River Journey. I’m not opposed to waiting in a long line, but I want to maximize my time in Pandora.

If I’m not able to get a FP for either, when are the best times to ride? Are there any single rider lines? Thanks!

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Get it for FOP. River Journey can honestly be skipped... Like..... REALLY honest with you. It's a boat ride through the glow-in-the-dark plant section of home depot. You can get the same experience out of 3 Caballeros. Some screens and decor, and a cool animatronic at the end. It's not worth more than a half hour wait at most.

HonorableMention

Original Poster
Get it for FOP. River Journey can honestly be skipped... Like..... REALLY honest with you. It's a boat ride through the glow-in-the-dark plant section of home depot. You can get the same experience out of 3 Caballeros. Some screens and decor, and a cool animatronic at the end. It's not worth more than a half hour wait at most.
I know it’s been panned by most people but I really want to try River Journey. The animatronic is enough for me.

It’s not like AK is packed with attractions anyway lol.

justintheharris

IMO get FP for River and do FoP at rope drop. The queue for River is turrible.
There is a point to be made here. While the queue for Flight of Passage is very long, it's probably the most amazing and themed queue in all of Walt Disney World. Conversely, Navi River Journey's queue is pretty uneventful. But whether or not that justifies spending an extra two hours in Pandora for yourself is for you to decide.

Marc Davis Fan

I highly recommend getting a FP for River Journey. Here’s why:

1. River Journey is a minor attraction with a long and uninteresting standby queue, so you’ll be disappointed if you wait all that time. But if you don’t have a wait, I think you’ll enjoy it. Most people who were really disappointed with it waited a long time in standby, it seems.

2. FoP on the other hand is a solid e-ticket, so you’ll feel satisfied even after a long queue.

3. The FoP standby queue is one of the best that Disney has ever designed. It is practically an attraction in itself.

Have fun!

TheDuke

I also think River Journey is skippabble, but if you're going to insist on doing it FP it and do FOP at rope drop.

But FOP is so good I would recommend getting a FP and then still rope dropping it just to ride it twice.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Time-wise, if you don't care about the queue line, I'd say rope drop River Journey and FP+ FOP. Or do the opposite and spend a couple of extra hours in line for FOP.

wwmmd

I would suggest rope dropping one and getting a FP for the other. Last year I was able to get a FP for FoP so we rope dropped RJ and ended up being in the second boat of the day. I'd say a solid 90% of the people at rope drop are there for FoP. I went a couple weeks ago and got a FP for RJ and we rope dropped FoP. If you're going to rope drop you need to be there about an hour before the park opens if you want to be near the front of the line. This last time I didn't realize that they pushed the EMH up by 1 hour so when we got to AK a few minutes after 7 the park was open and the lines were already long. We waited in line for about 1.5 hours for FoP and it was worth it. The queue is amazing and you don't get to see it if you FP. So really you'll enjoy FP or no FP for FoJ. Like the others have said, waiting in line to see RJ may lead to dissapoint in the ride. It's nice and all, but definitely not worth a long wait.

cheezbat

I say good luck getting a fastpass for either. I've tried so many times over the last year and have only ONCE been able to get one...and it was for River Journey.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
1. River Journey is a minor attraction with a long and uninteresting standby queue, so you’ll be disappointed if you wait all that time. But if you don’t have a wait, I think you’ll enjoy it. Most people who were really disappointed with it waited a long time in standby, it seems..
I walked on both times I rode. It was still a disappointment.

mmelka

Get the FPP for FOP, and rope drop NRJ. You should be able to walk on at least once, possibly twice in a row, before heading to your FOP FPP time slot.

Disney4family

We rope dropped FOP - which meant we were on line and in the park @ 7:15 for an 8am EMH. We walked right on.
When we got off, NRJ had a 40 min wait. We figured - why not. We timed it. It was only 20 min. Still - for what we experienced - eh.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom