Footwear at Disney water parks

m steve

Is it OK to wear water compatible sandals (such as Tevas) at Typhoon Lagoon and Blizzard Beach? How about flip flops?

Thanks for your help!

Billy6

Yes and I would highly recommend it. On some slides, however you may be asked to take them off while sliding. I would use the Tevas watershoes over flip flops, but thats my opinion.

Last time I was at BB, the lazy river is unfortunatly lined with rocks and things that have fallen in, so if you walk any part of it, you can hurt yourself. Waiting in lines can be a pain with out some cover as the sun does make the concrete hot...

Upvote 0

Disneykidder

We all wear crocs at the water parks. They stay put in the lazy river and on rides and while walking they are comfy on the feet. They also dry quickly, too.

You should def wear something.

Upvote 0

EvilQueen-T

i like the good old water shoes but whatever you decide on i think flip flops can be kind of a pain but i'd always choose wearing something rather than not at all. with the concrete, sand, water, heat combo you'll wear the skin off your feet if you don't wear something. if you don't want to spend a lot of money if your local stores don't have anything appropriate check out a walmart once you get to orlando. there's a super walmart south of disney property for one. by february we usually have most swimming related products in our stores here.

Upvote 0

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
I've worn Tevas to both Disney water parks many times. Sometimes they will ask you to take them off and hold them on the slides. Then I point out that it is very hard for my feet to come out of the shoes and it is not a risk that they will fly off so they usually let them stay. I think the shoe removal request also has to do with reducing wear and tear on the slides, but a lot of times I'm able to politely convince the CM to let me keep them on. I never cause a scene or anything, it's just that once I get them tightened the right way it is hard to get them like that again. :shrug:

Upvote 0

epcotWSC

flip flops, water shoes, just plain old barefoot, whatever floats your boat. You can wear whatever you want. Heck, you could probably even wear sneakers, I wouldn't advise to do so, but I don't think they'd kick you out.

Upvote 0

LALALand

I've worn Tevas to both Disney water parks many times. Sometimes they will ask you to take them off and hold them on the slides. Then I point out that it is very hard for my feet to come out of the shoes and it is not a risk that they will fly off so they usually let them stay. I think the shoe removal request also has to do with reducing wear and tear on the slides, but a lot of times I'm able to politely convince the CM to let me keep them on. I never cause a scene or anything, it's just that once I get them tightened the right way it is hard to get them like that again. :shrug:

I've done entire trips to WDW in sandals, and just going barefoot at the water parks and pools. That said, some places can be a bit rough, and Teva type sandals can mark surfaces (the 5.10 climbing rubber soles), so that's probably why they want you to take them off on the slides, among other insurance type reasons.

The ground can be rough in Typhoon Lagoon, not to mention hot while waiting in line as stated above. You can try the Walmart/Target water shoes (you can find them almost anywhere), or Vibram 5 fingers (they look VERY weird and are pricey, but are catching on). They'd provide protection I'd imagine.

Either way, enjoy the trip and don't focus too much on your feet, aside from treating blisters lol!

Upvote 0

Phonedave

I see a lot of people in watershoes, water sandals, etc in the waterparks, but having said that both myself and my two girls (8 and 12) have NEVER worn anything besides our bare feet and we have not had problems.

Maybe is just us. I did have someone once mention to me (not a water park) as I was walking across a asphalt parking lot barefoot that I must have been a "Typical Jersey kid who had no feeling in their feet, from barefoot summers at the beach"

The wave pool is a bit rough, but I find where it hurts the most is if you get dragged and the TOPS of your feet scrape along it - Ouch.

So it's up to you. Shoes or no shoes. I opt for no, just because it does not bother us.

-dave

Upvote 0

figment1988

i agree with epcotWSC, any type of footwear is good, but i would also throw in the use of dive booties, which are much more secure (thanks to the zipper on the sides). of course like any footwear, you'll have to remove them on most body slides.

Upvote 0

LALALand

i agree with epcotWSC, any type of footwear is good, but i would also throw in the use of dive booties, which are much more secure (thanks to the zipper on the sides). of course like any footwear, you'll have to remove them on most body slides.

Dive booties could work well too. I didn't think of those.

Upvote 0

Raven66

We just wore the water shoes. I picked up the inexpensive ones from Walmart because we really wouldn't wear them anywhere else when we returned home.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom