Food & Wine Festival - Must Do !

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
Eat/Drink around the world!! I LOVE all of the little samples you can buy during the F&W festival. :slurp:

wolf359

I already love EPCOT, but visiting during the Food and Wine Festival was the best and most pleasant trip I've ever had.

There are also quite a few free seminars that are interesting, so if you see or hear about something you think you'd enjoy try to make time for some. Sam Adams hosted a beer tasting seminar that was fun and informative. And served beer. :)

The most fun really is just wandering from booth to booth looking for more treats. My wife and I completely skipped lunch and dinner that day by just grabbing a snack that looked interesting as we wandered the World Showcase.

There's a lot of info at allearsnet...

http://www.allearsnet.com/tp/ep/foodwine.htm

And here's the menus from last year's festival to give you some ideas of what was offered and what might be returning this year.

http://www.allearsnet.com/tp/ep/fw06/fw06f.htm

Have a great time!

MissM

If you haven't had a chance to eat at Le Cellier yet, you must pick up a cup of the cheddar cheese soup from Canada during the F&WF. It's super yum. (The Ice Wine they had in Canada last year was beyond delicious as well - and I hate wine. So you know it was good!)
-m

popsicletrees

If you have the Dining Plan you can use your snack credits, or at least you could last year. I think the prices were between $1-4. Just don't try and rush through it. Some of the booths have really long lines, but if you are interested in trying new things it is well worth it.

disneytopdog

Two words.....LOBSTER ROLL & CABBAGE ROLL. Allright thats 4 words. I went last year and PIGGED OUT!!!!! As a previous poster said, Save your snack credits. Last year you could get a lobster roll($6.50) with with a snack credit. I used all my snack credits in two hours while walking World Showcase.

Jimmy Thick

Hit the Poland one first and grab a couple cabbage rolls, they ALWAYS sell out. The perogi's are just frozen store bought ones, but the cabbage rolls are fresh.

disneybonbon

I always liked to get a glass of wine at the Fountainview during the Food and Wine Festival. I think last year I got some tasty prosecco for pretty reasonable. But there's a thread in the News and Rumors section about the Fountainview being turned into an ice cream shop, so I don't know if they'll be using it for F&W this year.

Also be sure to check out the festival shop -- they have bottles for sale and F&W specific souvenirs (like glasses and such).

HollyBelle

Complementary Tastings!

If' you are a big wine fan, one other must do during the Food and Wine Festival is the complementary wine tastings. Representatives from different vineyards provide complementary tastings. Just arrive about 30-45 minutes prior to the tasting time (to stand in line!), as they fill up fast considering they are free.

We're fairly new to the wine world and aren't too savy about all the nuances in wine and we found this to be a great experience, and didn't feel at all out of place! The representatives talked about their vineyards and history and the specific wines that we were tasting. It was wonderful.

Last year they were held where the current Character Spot is. So check the guide to see where they will be hosting these this year.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom