Food & Wine Festival 2020

splashtest

Original Poster
Anyone have any news regarding the Food and Wine Festival? What are the chances that is will also be cancelled? With the staffing issues for World Showcase and the lack of news I'm starting to think they may skip this year. Thoughts?

peter11435

Anyone have any news regarding the Food and Wine Festival? What are the chances that is will also be cancelled? With the staffing issues for World Showcase and the lack of news I'm starting to think they may skip this year. Thoughts?
There isn’t really any news to share yet as no decision has been made. There are some issues that may prevent the festival from happening. Staffing really isn’t one of the issues.

rct247

I'm just speculating, but I think Food and Wine can and will still happen with some modifications and scaling back. I think Halloween and Christmas parties will be the casualty this year. Those events rely on entertainment offerings that we know are not being offered at this time, create longer days when park hours have been shortened for cleaning and economic reasons, and drawing crowds that are not recommended.

Mickey5150

I could see some of Food and Wine happening. The food booths could stay, although they would reduce the numbers, spread them out so they could have social distancing. Removal of the utensil dispensers and instead handing appropriate utensils with each food item. The food demonstrations could work with less seating depending on where they choose to hold them. I think the biggest concern would be the weekend drinking crowds and what may happen with social distancing and mask usage.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Food and Wine Festival is 180 degrees from social distancing, so unless things change significantly with COVID-19, I can't see how it can be done.

Every aspect of it, from queueing to order, order pickup, and eating requires close grouping. And you would also have almost the entire World Showcase mask-free because they are eating and drinking.

disneygeek90

I could see some of Food and Wine happening. The food booths could stay, although they would reduce the numbers, spread them out so they could have social distancing. Removal of the utensil dispensers and instead handing appropriate utensils with each food item. The food demonstrations could work with less seating depending on where they choose to hold them. I think the biggest concern would be the weekend drinking crowds and what may happen with social distancing and mask usage.
There are new/better utensil dispensers that are already in Springs that we will likely see in the parks regardless of any festival. You just pull out your individual utensil without needing any sort of lever.
Disney-Springs-Closure-Daily-Poutine-New-Utensil-Dispenser-3-301x600.jpg
Disney-Springs-Closure-Daily-Poutine-New-Utensil-Dispenser-2-700x479.jpg

CLEtoWDW

This has been my attitude towards everything: Disney should offer Food and Wine, Fireworks, Parades, etc and allow those that are comfortable to participate. By taking these things away we are legislating to a small minority of people that wouldn’t be comfortable partaking in these experiences.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom