Food Samplings from the Flower and Garden Festival

horizons82

Original Poster
As wonderful as the flowers, gardens and floral aspects of the F & G Festival are, it has also turned into something of a mini Food and Wine Festival as well.

Yesterday I sampled several plates and everything I had was extremely flavorful. While the prices for some items seemed a touch high for the amount of food received (especially at the Mexico stand), the food itself was amazing. Even for as small as the tacos and quesadillas were at Mexico, the amount of flavor put into them was incredible, which made them worth it in the end.

I've been sitting here trying to tell you which was my favorite and it seems impossible since they were all so very good. The bacon cupcake with maple frosting might have made it to the top though :)

I think the two items that were even better than I would have expected were the chocolate flan (Mexico) and the gnocchi Parisien (France). But the orange blossom macaron (France) was really incredible too...and so was the pork slider (Smokehouse)! Do you see a trend here!?

It really did make for an even more enjoyable way to pass the time while strolling around the park and enjoying the beautiful gardens and topiaries and such. But if you want to sample as much food as possible, go hungry...I did not have enough room to try all of the plates that I wanted to. (The pineapple soft serve with rum, the pork and apple sausage roll and the Moroccan pancake never made it off of my edible "wish list").

Last edited:

Mukta

I just found out that I will be there for the final weekend and I plan to create my must eat list. Which online list should I use to compile my list?

disneygirl1

We are going in May and very much looking forward to an evening around WS sampling the food and drinks for the F&GF! High on our list is the violet lemonade and the piggylicious bacon cupcake!

jeffk410

I will be in attendance for the last weekend as well. I have been numerous times, but do not remember so many food options. Is this a new trend or was I just oblivious the past few trips?

horizons82

Original Poster
That last link by bmarkelon will be helpful for those who also want to see what the prices are for the food items at the outdoor kitchens.

And jeffk410, I think the food stalls have slowly been growing in numbers with each year. Obviously it doesn't quite compare to the Food and Wine Festival, but it is now a significant part of F & G (and a tasty one too!).

I could be wrong, but it seems like the food kiosks at the countries are up a lot these days with the use at various festivals beyond just the F & W...I wonder if they are just left up all of the time now...

jeffk410

Are the food stalls open all day / night? I have browsed a few websites, but have been unable to find hours. I would love to substitute these vendors with a dinner.

horizons82

Original Poster
Are the food stalls open all day / night? I have browsed a few websites, but have been unable to find hours. I would love to substitute these vendors with a dinner.

I'm pretty sure they are at least open the same hours as the World Showcase because the food stalls are all located there. Whether or not they are open before the World Showcase or when the Future World part of the park opens I can not say for sure.

NeedMoreMickey

I can't wait, we will be there in 12 days. Do you think the portions are big enough to share? Hope to be albe to share with my sister so we can try twice as many items.

horizons82

Original Poster
I personally do not think most of the food items are big enough to share. While I found everything very delicious, the portions are very small to allow people to be able to sample many different foods. The largest item I tried was the pork slider, sliders of course being like mini hamburgers.

I supposed you could share, but you wouldn't get more than a one bite each...maybe two at most. But despite the small portions, the food really does have a LOT of flavor.

Ember

Thanks for the review! I've been drooling over the menus and was hoping someone would have positive things to say. We actually ended up cancelling our ADR on our Epcot day so we can eat around the world instead :) Can't wait until May!

Fun! I didn't realize it had grown so much. Last time I was there was maybe the first year of the festival. In less than two weeks, we are going back 10 plus years later. It was kind of weird and out of the way back then, as I remember. This looks way better!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom