Food Rocks VS Soarin

jbeachboy

To answer that is both. The shows were OK, but, they weren't a big draw. They routed the queue to Soarin basically into the theater where the show ran and although many do remember them fondly, they were never a huge draw. Soarin does in one day what it takes at least a week for the other two to meet. It was a bad sentimental choice but a sound common sense one.

but soarin is a ride, i never went on it yet but hope to next time i go. there didnt seem to be much outrage when food rocks left.

Goofyernmost

but soarin is a ride, i never went on it yet but hope to next time i go. there didnt seem to be much outrage when food rocks left.
Food Rocks never had the nostalgic following that Kitchen K had. But, yes there was a lot of upset about it. But, it was before the heavy internet usage so you didn't hear much about it. Soarin is a good show, it is different, it is well done and it is creative. Just the ride vehicle alone. AA's are a dying breed. They were great and exciting when they were first introduced but now they are old hat and not what he public is looking for. They still are appreciated, but, not to the extent that they once were.

jbeachboy

Food Rocks never had the nostalgic following that Kitchen K had. But, yes there was a lot of upset about it. But, it was before the heavy internet usage so you didn't hear much about it. Soarin is a good show, it is different, it is well done and it is creative. Just the ride vehicle alone. AA's are a dying breed. They were great and exciting when they were first introduced but now they are old hat and not what he public is looking for. They still are appreciated, but, not to the extent that they once were.

goofyer, are you an employee or just a long time disney goer? how do you know so much about attractions, so they just try to find more creative and more popular attractions basically, i wish they would add rides instead of replacing them, i like these animatronics shows.

Goofyernmost

goofyer, are you an employee or just a long time disney goer? how do you know so much about attractions, so they just try to find more creative and more popular attractions basically, i wish they would add rides instead of replacing them, i like these animatronics shows.
Not an employee and never have been. But, I have been going there for almost 36 years now. I agree, I still appreciate the AA's, but, I am not the general public. If you had been there in the early years you would have known how impressed the public was with the AA's. Now not so much. A lot of things have changed. Fastpass destroyed a lot of the fun and conversation that was present in the early days. We all were in the same line, we talked among ourselves and exchanged opinions about the attractions, the stories and the AA's. Now, it's all seeing how fast we can get in and out and on to the next one. No one smells the roses anymore, they don't even see them as the run by them getting to a ride.

jbeachboy

Not an employee and never have been. But, I have been going there for almost 36 years now. I agree, I still appreciate the AA's, but, I am not the general public. If you had been there in the early years you would have known how impressed the public was with the AA's. Now not so much. A lot of things have changed. Fastpass destroyed a lot of the fun and conversation that was present in the early days. We all were in the same line, we talked among ourselves and exchanged opinions about the attractions, the stories and the AA's. Now, it's all seeing how fast we can get in and out and on to the next one. No one smells the roses anymore, they don't even see them as the run by them getting to a ride.

yeah but some of the lines were ridiculously long, i recall splash mountain took at least 2 hours or more when i went. i went to wdw 3 times , twice in 80s and again in 2000 or so. im ok if line for a good ride is less than an hour but do you really want to talk on line for more than an hour?

Goofyernmost

yeah but some of the lines were ridiculously long, i recall splash mountain took at least 2 hours or more when i went. i went to wdw 3 times , twice in 80s and again in 2000 or so. im ok if line for a good ride is less than an hour but do you really want to talk on line for more than an hour?
A couple of things. First they didn't even start to build Splash Mountain until 1991, so you never rode it before that and if you did in 2000 well there could have been a number of reasons. I honestly, do not remember when FP started, but, when it did it created longer standby lines. There were almost never any hour long lines before FP. The line, though long kept moving and it was first come first served. When you got near the front you were going to be on soon, now it can take all kinds of time to get moving again. No one ever really seriously complained about the time in line. We all had the same experience. We didn't have to get in line if it was to long, we could always come back later when it wasn't as busy. No one was angry, no one was frustrated. We joked about it, but, it wasn't with anger. FP was a solution to a problem that didn't exist and created more of a problem then it solved. Other reasons for your example of a 2 hour line might have been a breakdown or a stoppage because someone decided to stand up in the ride and it had to be stopped and restarted.

jbeachboy

A couple of things. First they didn't even start to build Splash Mountain until 1991, so you never rode it before that and if you did in 2000 well there could have been a number of reasons. I honestly, do not remember when FP started, but, when it did it created longer standby lines. There were almost never any hour long lines before FP. The line, though long kept moving and it was first come first served. When you got near the front you were going to be on soon, now it can take all kinds of time to get moving again. No one ever really seriously complained about the time in line. We all had the same experience. We didn't have to get in line if it was to long, we could always come back later when it wasn't as busy. No one was angry, no one was frustrated. We joked about it, but, it wasn't with anger. FP was a solution to a problem that didn't exist and created more of a problem then it solved. Other reasons for your example of a 2 hour line might have been a breakdown or a stoppage because someone decided to stand up in the ride and it had to be stopped and restarted.

actually the lines were huge for splash mountain, i went around 2000 for that. when did they create fast pass? i dont recall ever seeing long lines when i last went except for test track and splash mountain, i cant remember any line that took forever. lines at disney move quickly.

Goofyernmost

actually the lines were huge for splash mountain, i went around 2000 for that. when did they create fast pass? i dont recall ever seeing long lines when i last went except for test track and splash mountain, i cant remember any line that took forever. lines at disney move quickly.
OK, depends on when you go, what time you go, and what you go to see. Nothing is totally uniform. Remember that before FP there was no Stand by. All there was was the line. It's the standby lines that are now excessively long because of the "legal" line cutting that FP created. Spend enough time there and you will see. I had said that I don't remember exactly when FP started up, but, it was in the late 90's or very early 2000's I believe.

jbeachboy

OK, depends on when you go, what time you go, and what you go to see. Nothing is totally uniform. Remember that before FP there was no Stand by. All there was was the line. It's the standby lines that are now excessively long because of the "legal" line cutting that FP created. Spend enough time there and you will see. I had said that I don't remember exactly when FP started up, but, it was in the late 90's or very early 2000's I believe.

are people cutting lines or just using fast pass? do you ever use fast pass? how old are you goffyer?

Goofyernmost

are people cutting lines or just using fast pass? do you ever use fast pass? how old are you goffyer?
Fastpass is nothing more then legal line cutting. And yes, I do use it because I don't want to stand in lines forever either and without one now, you will stand in line. I have to, but, I wish I didn't have too. Click on my name and you will see that I am 68 years old and have been going regularly to WDW since I was 35. I have also been to Disneyland and Disneyland Paris.

jbeachboy

Fastpass is nothing more then legal line cutting. And yes, I do use it because I don't want to stand in lines forever either and without one now, you will stand in line. I have to, but, I wish I didn't have too. Click on my name and you will see that I am 68 years old and have been going regularly to WDW since I was 35. I have also been to Disneyland and Disneyland Paris.

is there a separate line for fast pass? is there a limit on how many fast passes you can get?

danyoung56

Soarin is a good concept but it didnt grab me. The jump cuts took me out of everything.

It's funny - the jump cuts never bothered me. I remember when it debuted and people were freaking out about that, but it never bothered me (and I was a video editor!). The transitions in the new version, though, really do bother me. I don't like the artificial stuff like the whale jumping or the elephant throwing up dirt. They did a nice job of it, but it still takes me out of the real shots of the real world.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom