Food Rocks VS Soarin

kane47

Kitchen Kabaret & Food Rocks were quintessential Epcot attractions. Beautiful, educational, and entertaining. The way Epcot used to be. I miss that Epcot. That being said I do love Soarin' This is a tough one.o_O

Cmdr_Crimson

Im still on edge with the Land Pavilion. Im afraid Disney is going to screw up that pavilion LOL. So far thats one of the Future World attractions they refurbished, updated and improved except for Circle of Life which I really never cared for.

Kinda already did with Soarin...It doesn't "Represent" The land than just a big plug for California tourisim....

litaljohn

If I had to choose I would actually pick food rocks. it was one of my favorite attractions growing up. soarin is fun, but the entertainment vs. the usual lines for soaring bump it down a notch for me.

I also question the placement. essentially isn't soarin sort of a dome almost independent of the land except for the fast pass and tunnel/ long line to the attraction? I wonder what the cost would have been to gut hakuna matata lakeside village or circle of life or whatever it's called instead. one great thing about Disney is unique attractions. yeah food rocks was getting older but it was something you didn't see everyday and in some instances actually got the real music for the songs which you also don't see often.

what is special about circle of life? it's a a movie theatre, I dare say a great many places have them. even though the wrap around videos in attractions that people didn't really like, for instance the timekeeper with 9 eye or whatever their name was, was still different. something you didn't see everyday.

THEMEPARKPIONEER

Original Poster
I think Soarin is keeping The Land pavilion in the shape its in. It would probably get dragged down with the rest of the pavilions if it werent for Soarin. If they want to change something they should get rid of Circle of Life and put Food Rocks in theyre.

sambres8

With all due respect, Food Rocks can't even touch Soarin'. The wait times say it all.

DSC_0217.jpg

(Okay, I know, those wait times are higher than average in general. But still.)

Pooh Lover

I think Soarin is keeping The Land pavilion in the shape its in. It would probably get dragged down with the rest of the pavilions if it werent for Soarin. If they want to change something they should get rid of Circle of Life and put Food Rocks in theyre.
Totally agree with you.

FettFan

And let's all just admit it....Food Rocks wasn't nearly as good as Kitchen Kabaret. FR's animatronics looked mostly like cardboard cutouts, Tone Loc (lock? loke?) is just plain boring, and that Cher-fish was one of the creepiest things I have ever seen in a Disney park.

KK was much more vibrant....so much so that I've found when most people talk about the show before Soarin', they generally reference KK. Mr. Ham and Mr. Egg? That was KK. The Veggie-Veggie-Fruit-Fruit song? KK.
The 1940s crooning carton of milk? KK.

StarWarsGirl

In the Parks
No
I loved Food Rocks and was sorry to see it go, but Soarin' is better. I still think of Food Rocks when I hear "Every Breath you Take" (every bite you take) "Respect (Just a little bit)" and Bohemian Rhapsody.

mouse_luv

I think we all know how I feel about this...the answer is below in my sig.
They should have just left KK/FR's alone and put Soarin' somewhere else w/in the Land.

DManRightHere

That was awesome, i have never seen that before. They should have kept both, the food rocks seems more epcot style and fits in the pavillion!

THEMEPARKPIONEER

Original Poster
They should just stage a similar show on a small stage in the middle of the pavilion or in one of the restaurants and have it go off every half hour.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
While I wouldn't necessarily denounce it as "propaganda"....I can't help but savor the irony of Circle of Life in regards to Walt Disney World, given that the basic plot is that building a theme park in a fragile ecosystem is a bad thing, and one should feel bad for even considering it.

Didn't we make the same joke a while back and now you have the exact same thought I do. Interesting...................

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom