Food Rocks Question

Scooter

Original Poster
Hi

I am one of the few people who really enjoyed The Food Rocks Show in The Land Pavillion.
There's just something hysterical about singing food wrappers, kitchen utensils, fruits, cheeses and vegetables.
I'm really gonna miss this show.

I heard somewhere that some of the voices of the show were done by the original artists and that some were done by impersonators.
I know Cher's voice wasn't her own but does anyone know who else in this show did their own singing and who did not?
It's a tough question so I'm not getting my hopes up for answers but I thought I'd give it a shot.
Thanks

frank4369

You're not alone, I liked Food Rocks as well. It was good for what it was. I think people keep comparing every attraction, but I think each should be judged on it's own merits.

As for the voices, it's been a while obviously, but I do know Tone Loc was the emcee of the show. Not sure about the rest. I'd be surprised to learn if there were many other original artists involved though.

mrerk

Premium Member
Hi

I am one of the few people who really enjoyed The Food Rocks Show in The Land Pavillion.
There's just something hysterical about singing food wrappers, kitchen utensils, fruits, cheeses and vegetables.
I'm really gonna miss this show.

I heard somewhere that some of the voices of the show were done by the original artists and that some were done by impersonators.
I know Cher's voice wasn't her own but does anyone know who else in this show did their own singing and who did not?
It's a tough question so I'm not getting my hopes up for answers but I thought I'd give it a shot.
Thanks

Fud Wrapper was Tone Loc.

EDIT: Don't know how much you trust Wikipedia, but it says Tone Loc, Neil Sedaka, Little Richard, The Pointer Sisters and Chubby Checker did their own segments. No mention of Cher.

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
I have often found myself singing "Veggie Fruit Fruit, veggie veggie fruit fruit".....over the years....:D I too miss that attraction.....Boogie Woogie Bagel Boys......great to keep the old memories and find new ones!:wave:

DisneyMusician2

I have often found myself singing "Veggie Fruit Fruit, veggie veggie fruit fruit".....over the years....:D I too miss that attraction.....Boogie Woogie Bagel Boys......great to keep the old memories and find new ones!:wave:

Let's not confuse Kitchen Kabaret with Food Rocks. Both were great shows, and I'm very sorry they are gone. Food Rocks was one of my all-time favorites, and I wish they would bring it back!

H20Babie

You are not alone!

I actually wrote a paper about Food Rocks for a children's lit class I took a couple years ago.

Food Wrapper aka Tone Loc: "Searching for some lunch, a kitchen expedition, What you crave's in the microwave, But how about nutrition? There's a box, a can, a bag, A package on the table, Before you rip, have a bite or sip, Check the contents on the label."

The Peach Boys aka Beach Boys: Good Nutrition "We're talking of good nutrition, It's not just superstition, Good, good, good, good nutrition..."

The Refridgerator Police aka The Police: Every Bite You Take ""Every bite you take, Every cake you bake, Every milk you shake, Every egg you break, Will be part of you!..."

Pita [Peter] Gabriel sings a satirical version of "Sledgehammer": "You could have some red beans, A tortilla might be nice, How about a leafy green salad, Or a nice big bowl of rice?..."

[Little] Richard, a pineapple, presents "Tutti Frutti": "Whap, babba, loo bam, good for you, I wanna nice blueberry, So extraordinary, I love a ripe banana, Makes me shout hosanna, I look to the east, I look to the west, And everywhere the fruit tastes best..."

Chubby Cheddar [Checker] whips out "Do the Twist": "C'mon baby! Let's exercise..."

The Get-The-Point Sisters [The Pointer Sisters] belt out their rendition of "Respect": "What you want, baby, I got, Rich and sweet, Don't you want it, But moderation means eat it just a bit. (Just a little bit, just a little bit)..."

Also of note is Queen's "Bohemian Rhapsody”: "When you're cooking with us there's so much you can do, You can bake, you can fry, you can roast, you can stew! Add fire. Light those flames we require. We're gonna have fun, We're gonna make it count in the kitchen. All-star benefit for good nutrition!"

Then there was The Excess, a trio of grunge rockers, sings "We Love Junk!"

~ Suzanne

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
Let's not confuse Kitchen Kabaret with Food Rocks. Both were great shows, and I'm very sorry they are gone. Food Rocks was one of my all-time favorites, and I wish they would bring it back!

Were there two SEPERATE shows or did it convert to the other one...I don't really recall....but thanks for pointing that out.....thought it was a medly of different music styles....:animwink:

Captain Hank

Epcot opened with Kitchen Kabaret (Boogie Woogie Bakery Boy, Veggie Veggie Fruit Fruit, etc.), which then morphed into Food Rocks around 1994.

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
Epcot opened with Kitchen Kabaret (Boogie Woogie Bakery Boy, Veggie Veggie Fruit Fruit, etc.), which then morphed into Food Rocks around 1994.

Oh thanks much....that explains it....I was there around 92 and then back again in 94-95. My musical tape I bought back then has the kitchen kabaret music on it. Either way, both were quite fun and creative.:animwink:

Tiggerfanatic

We saw both shows during different trips when DD was small - with everything there is to do and see at Disney World, these were the attractions that DH still talks about liking the best (and his silly bone is a lot smaller than the average person's!!):)

I was in the last showing of Food Rocks and I was the last person to leave the show. So I guess that kinda puts me into some Disney record book, doesn't it? Last person to leave Food Rocks and Alien Encounter, I suppose that makes me some sort of Disney royalty... I can hope... :eek:

DisneyMusician2

I was in the last showing of Food Rocks and I was the last person to leave the show. So I guess that kinda puts me into some Disney record book, doesn't it? Last person to leave Food Rocks and Alien Encounter, I suppose that makes me some sort of Disney royalty... I can hope... :eek:

Wow...that's actually kinda cool. How did you manage that on both attraction?

Believe it or not, it wasn't that hard. I just heard the days that they were closing (both were Fall 2003), went to the parks, asked the CM at greeter when the last show was going to be for the night, got there a little early, and made sure everyone left the theatres before me. Since they were both "shows", it wasn't that hard. Granted, I am sure that the CMs working those shows that night got a final show, but I was the last guest to experience them. Both hold a special place in my heart, especially AE, so I feel a litte something extra knowing my place with them.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom