Food Price Increases

truecoat

The enhanced unemployment doesn't take effect until next week at the earliest for most, then many will be making more than before they were unemployed, as it will be what they are getting now plus $600 per week.

Florida caps unemployment at $275 a week. If you're at a manager level in a business, have a car payment, mortgage and kids to feed, this $875 a week (temporary stop gap) isn't enough to cover. A Disney vacation or any vacation won't be in the cards for a while.

George Lucas on a Bench

I've had the $25. burger at Carthay Circle. First time I had it, it was the best burger ever. Second time I had it, not so much. lol. If there was one truth about Disney, they have no shame in taking your money.

It's just like in theme park simulator games where you can lower the quality and portions and raise the prices.

cmwade77

Getting back on track, can anyone confirm that they see the price increases mentioned in the first post on Disney World's site? Aside from Turkey Legs, I can't.

fctiger

I've had the $25. burger at Carthay Circle. First time I had it, it was the best burger ever. Second time I had it, not so much. lol. If there was one truth about Disney, they have no shame in taking your money.

Yeah I had before too and honestly I could not taste the difference between that and the $10 burger you can get everywhere in the resort. It was good, not $15 more good though.

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
Well I for one have never hungered for a 🍗…..;)…..and paid much more for other things in the parks....as a rule I don't look at the food prices on vacation, sure it matters but since I use my Disney Visa reward dollars for just about all my food expenditure it makes it easier to not dwell on the price per unit....and enjoy the moment. Yes I know I could use those dollars for tickets or hotel, but that's how I flap.🧚‍♀️
It's location, location, location......:cool:.

Phroobar

I'll pay increased prices to save the jobs of the great Disney Cast Members. They are the experience not the rides etc.
We'll be back and want you to be there for us.
Increased food prices don't save the jobs of cast members. They have nothing to do with one another. Disney needs a certain cast member coverage as part of daily operation costs. Those employees will be hired regardless. They are not increasing prices on food to pay for employees. Disney has a huge profit margin on food and especially drinks. They are just covering costs on their supply purchases plus more profit.

Becky

Increased food prices don't save the jobs of cast members. They have nothing to do with one another. Disney needs a certain cast member coverage as part of daily operation costs. Those employees will be hired regardless. They are not increasing prices on food to pay for employees. Disney has a huge profit margin on food and especially drinks. They are just covering costs on their supply purchases plus more profit.
Sorry but I have to disagree. Disney is paying Cast Members thru April 19th. They are also continuing past April 19th to fully pay college costs
through the Aspire program. They are continuing to feed the animals at AK. That money has to come from somewhere.
That somewhere is increased hotel, ticket and yes food prices. Also when you pay for food you are not just paying for
what you eat, you are paying for the Cast Members who cook it, the Cast Members who serve it and many other Cast Members involved such as purchasing, quality control. transportation etc.

Phroobar

Sorry but I have to disagree. Disney is paying Cast Members thru April 19th. They are also continuing past April 19th to fully pay college costs
through the Aspire program. They are continuing to feed the animals at AK. That money has to come from somewhere.
That somewhere is increased hotel, ticket and yes food prices. Also when you pay for food you are not just paying for
what you eat, you are paying for the Cast Members who cook it, the Cast Members who serve it and many other Cast Members involved such as purchasing, quality control. transportation etc.
No. A mega corporation's departmental budgeting doesn't work that way. It is much more complex. Disney isn't going to lay off cast members because guests didn't buy enough churros. It's not that simple. It all comes down to profit and has nothing to do with staffing.

unmitigated disaster

No. A mega corporation's departmental budgeting doesn't work that way. It is much more complex. Disney isn't going to lay off cast members because guests didn't buy enough churros. It's not that simple. It all comes down to profit and has nothing to do with staffing.
But we don't know that for sure, so clearly we must buy churros. And Dole Whip. And Mickey Bars.

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
🧚‍♀️ You guys are making me really wanting a dole whip right now.....but I look out my window and it's hailing....:oops:.

Wahoo Disney is letting out its recipies out of the bag...I was simply going to google a pic....but ....here is how to make churros and it says on the apps are step by step ways to MAKE DOLE WHIPS.....
The official recipe for a Dole Whip-style frozen Pineapple treat has just been shared on the Disney Parks apps!

"Whether you have the My Disney Experience app for your frequent trips to the Walt Disney World Resort or the Disneyland app, you can now spread some Disney magic in the form of the delicious and iconic Adventureland pineapple float. ":cool:🍦

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...t-home-with-disney-parks-churro-bites-recipe/

Thanks Bob! ;)

Last edited:

Disney Irish

Premium Member
🧚‍♀️ You guys are making me really wanting a dole whip right now.....but I look out my window and it's hailing....:oops:.

Wahoo Disney is letting out its recipies out of the bag....here is how to make churros and it says on the apps are step by step ways to MAKE DOLE WHIPS.....
The official recipe for a Dole Whip-style frozen Pineapple treat has just been shared on the Disney Parks apps!

Whether you have the My Disney Experience app for your frequent trips to the Walt Disney World Resort or the Disneyland app, you can now spread some Disney magic in the form of the delicious and iconic Adventureland pineapple float. :cool:🍦

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...t-home-with-disney-parks-churro-bites-recipe/

Thanks Bob! ;)

Who knew Tio Pepe's was so easy to make... ;) :p

Phroobar

This is what I find so funny. They are sharing the recipe of premade frozen churros that they buy from another company.

Easier recipe is "head to smart and final, hand them 15 dollars, enjoy your 24 churros"!
Shows the kind of profit they make. For the cost of 2 in park churros, you can get a box of 24 at the grocery store. Disney sure isn't paying retail on top of that.

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
Yeah but doesn't it always taste better IN the parks?!!!;) Plus I cannot ever get the pineapple vanilla swirl dolewhip locally.....

As the saying goes, if it ain't broke don't fix it. I don't need a chef to make me a corn dog, and I dont go to Disneyland for fine dining. Though, If it wasn't for the atmosphere I wouldn't even think of putting Disneyland at the upper level of corn dogs, churros, or pineapple soft serve.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom