Food portion cuts to increase profits?

Brian

Oprah did a program segment years ago when she was given a private tour of this cast area. It looked good.
Probably the same sections they show on Keys to the Kingdom, which are somewhat palatable. The "real" Utilidors, where you nearly vomit as a dumpster is somehow always being pushed by you no matter when your shift begins or ends, never gets shown to the public.

Lilofan

Probably the same sections they show on Keys to the Kingdom, which are somewhat palatable. The "real" Utilidors, where you nearly vomit as a dumpster is somehow always being pushed by you no matter when your shift begins or ends, never gets shown to the public.
But wearing that face mask can mask the smell?😏

dreday3

It’s an AWFUL message. As someone who has struggled with diet and exercise in the past and probably had an undiagnosed eating disorder in college, honestly, f-her. You don’t say crap like that while hiring a Black Santa to show how inclusive you are.

Current management are inauthentic pieces of human trash.

I don't know if you (any of you) watch Succession, but the episode this past Sunday - pandering to one of the stock-holders - really rang true in that "waistline" statement made today. Rich people cheering on rich people.

They are seriously bordering on cartoon evil, it's bizarre.

ToTBellHop

I don't know if you (any of you) watch Succession, but the episode this past Sunday - pandering to one of the stock-holders - really rang true in that "waistline" statement made today. Rich people cheering on rich people.

I get that these are meetings for stockholders, but seriously, people record this stuff and post it on social media. I wasn’t a huge Iger fan, but he was more polished than these fools.

Do better.

EPCOT-O.G.

I don’t need some blowhard in corporate making the decision for me. If she was really concerned over my health, she would ensure that restaurants had more healthy sides available for adults instead of fries and she’d push for bigger, more filling salads.
Its an offensive statement on multiple levels. How many churros, cupcakes, cookies, Mickey Bars, and sugar-laden Dole Whips do they push to sell in their parks?

Of course, she is on the board of Proctor and Gamble, so she likely has an incentive to pushing the trans fats and HFCS into scores and scores of Americans on a daily basis. Gotta sell that Prilosec to someone.

disneygeek90

I don’t know how to explain it but it gave me “Squid Game” vibes. They were talking about their guests directly in an insulting way. The only difference is… in Squid Game the players weren’t actually listening to their unwarranted comments 😐

danv3

I wonder if they will ever care as much about the guest experience as they once did or if those days are over
Pretty clearly over. Chapek does not even try to hide what he cares about.

And yeah, we all know "Disney is a business" and I'm sure every Disney CEO since Walt has wanted to make a lot of money. But you don't have to absolutely beat your customers over the head with how little you care about them...

PaulZ

Table Service restaurants are overpriced as it is and you not only tell people you may decrease portion size to increase profits but you insult those people too??

This company is falling all over itself trying to make me hate them and never renew passes again. I know what people will say, “the annual passholder isn’t the customer they want anyway.” Problem is, if I’m not one, I’m not going. I’ve had AP’s at different times to several Florida theme parks so I know what they cost and the idea of a one day or multi day ticket I can’t use continually all year in addition to the benefits and discounts feels like a waste of $$$.

sbbr

I think if they had said they would look into cutting portions to reduce food waste (because imagine how much food they throw away) no one would have had an issue.

This comment is gross and honestly surprising coming from a company where the parks are known to be more size inclusive than other options.

EPCOT-O.G.

Let's also keep in mind many food items were already raised like $2-$5 average for most items. This all before the inflation that's hitting us right now. So those Cheeseburgers which were $14 that are now $18 are about to be $22...and smaller.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom