Food in Attraction Lines?

grmax5

Original Poster
Sorry if this has been asked before. I did a search but couldn't find the answer.

Is food allowed to be eaten while waiting in line for attractions. For example, if we arrive early at AK and grab a bagel, can we get in line for the Safari attraction while eating our bagel?

Thanks for your help!

MarkTwain

This is news to me. o_O At the attraction I worked we were actually forbidden from allowing guests with open food into line, for custodial reasons. If food hits the ground or makes a mess, it's almost impossible to get a custodial CM into the queue to clean it up without redirecting the queue. This was two years ago... was there a policy change?

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
This is news to me. o_O At the attraction I worked we were actually forbidden from allowing guests with open food into line, for custodial reasons. If food hits the ground or makes a mess, it's almost impossible to get a custodial CM into the queue to clean it up without redirecting the queue. This was two years ago... was there a policy change?

Is there a difference between indoor and outdoor queues? I know I've eaten in outdoor lines plenty of times.

copcarguyp71

Watched a troop of troglodytes let their offspring devour mickey ice cream bars in the queue for TSMM on our last trip and drop chocolate everywhere while pretending not to notice. People behind them in line never really saw the melting chocolate shell on the floor and began to track it through the entire queue. It was disgusting both that the parents ignored and pretended not to notice (which they did) and that it got tracked though the ride and sticky was everywhere. I would hope there is a policy against this but if there is not there should be and people like this should be asked to leave the ride (even though that would probably never happen).

AndyS2992

Not Disney, but me and my family were at Universal and we had Icees and were in line for The Simpsons and nearish the end of the line a young male employee came over and said we couldn't have food or drink in the line and he took them off us :confused: We complained at guest services and they said it shouldn't have happened. So not really sure why that happened there. No refund either.

IWantMyMagicBand

I have taken plenty a snack on line with me. Just out of courtesy for those in close proximity to you, make sure it is not food that gives off a strong odor.
and general polite eating please. I don't want to hear or see any food being "enjoyed". Also, I get the OP's dilemma if you're rushing to get first ride of the day but all others times? Plan your food peeps or don't go on a ride if you can't survive the queue time without a main meal...

LucyK

I'm ok with a quick, non messy snack, but I whole CS meal? I would think it was forbidden.

Anyway, Be mindful of your fellow park goers and do not make this a routine. Some people are sensitive to some smells and it could bother them, specially in EPCOT with all those different foods.

Chef Mickey

A good rule to follow is just don't eat in line. Regardless of the official rule, it's still disrespectful to fellow guests and can be messy/smelly.

There are plenty of other opportunities to eat..

Dwarful

We always arrive at the parks well before rope drop. Generally we have granola bars or mini muffins and a bottle of water to eat before the park opens. Never really thought about food in ride lines. I do take cups of ice everywhere. Ice is my strange addiction. ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom