Foldable Backpack Though No-Bag Line?

calliesnyder

Original Poster
Hi!

I'm trying to figure out how to stay in the no-bag lines at park entrances. I was thinking about just going in with this foldable/collapsable backpack hanging off my lanyard/in my hand or pocket/etc and then our reusable cups in our hands. We would only open it up and use it once we are in the park. Do you think this would pass?

Thanks in advance,
Callie

Screen Shot 2020-02-20 at 1.32.13 PM.png

DisneyDreamer08

Honestly the difference between the two lines isn’t that great. A few times my husband took one kid through the bag less line and I took the other through the bag check. It was always a difference of maybe 5 minutes 🤷‍♀️ Seems like more hassle than its worth.

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
Are you sure its even a comfortable bag?
My thoughts... Just go through the bag line.
As long as you don't arrive right at rope drop it doesn't take too long.
And just be ready with hit open for them to look in.

ninjaprincesst

Don't bother i saw people with what looked to be coin purses hanging on a lanyard sent to the bag line, and one man was sent to bag check and his only item was a mug of coffee, Im like seriously coffee?

Dave B

It would have to fit in your pocket, think about it this way, if security sees your carrying something, good chance you are going thru security

ChrisPyKeeno

Hi!

I'm trying to figure out how to stay in the no-bag lines at park entrances. I was thinking about just going in with this foldable/collapsable backpack hanging off my lanyard/in my hand or pocket/etc and then our reusable cups in our hands. We would only open it up and use it once we are in the park. Do you think this would pass?

Thanks in advance,
Callie

View attachment 450568
We did this all the time (pre-baby) with no problems. We always had it in a cargo or jacket pocket until we were in the park.

It’s not always a major time savings (but certainly can be sometimes); we liked just not having to deal with bag check at all for the few items we carried.

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
Not sure how cargo shorts will go if the OP's main reason for a backpack is refillable mugs...

Also I rarely bring my refillable mug to the parks with me because its just an extra thing that has little to no use other than maybe holding water...

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Hi!

Thanks in advance,
Callie

View attachment 450568
It is going to depend to the individual Cast Member at the no-bag line, but most likely you will be sent to a bag check, as it is still a bag.

bigrigross

Not sure how cargo shorts will go if the OP's main reason for a backpack is refillable mugs...

Also I rarely bring my refillable mug to the parks with me because its just an extra thing that has little to no use other than maybe holding water...
I can easily fit 4 of those bad boys in my cargo short pockets. 6 if I try. Although most of the time, its two refillable water bottles. One 32oz and one 22oz. Just need to make sure I have a good belt on when filled with water.

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
Bottom line though is if it's in your pocket then you technically do not have to go in the bag check line. people often take wristlets and small pouches and put them in their pocket and avoid bag check. I personally bring a small crossbody or mini backpack and I ain't gonna try to sneak past so I'm not in team no bag line but what others decide to do also does not bother me.

Last edited:

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
I can easily fit 4 of those bad boys in my cargo short pockets. 6 if I try. Although most of the time, its two refillable water bottles. One 32oz and one 22oz. Just need to make sure I have a good belt on when filled with water.
I'm guessing you are also a male who can easily find cargo shorts with big useful pockets and can also lug a few pounds in your legs.
Women do not have the luxury of shorts with good pockets.
I even bought mens cargo shorts once and they were hanging down so low in the crotch it was uncomfortable

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom