Fog with Blackbeard not working on POTC

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Original Poster
We rode POTC last night and the begining sequence when you ride through the fog with Black Beard/ Davey Jones was not on. We are going back today so I will ride again and check. We did ride very late so I didn't know if they turn it off at end of the night? The ride was still a blast. I didnt write this to troll on Disney for their lack of fixing things. Just curious to know why it would be off.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
This happens so often.. You'd think Disney would have such a small problem fixed by now. Especially on a very popular attraction. Even if they're just workign on it, something like the fog could be done over night..

-WondersOfLife

The last original pavilion. :king:

Ceekling

It wasn't working when we were last weekend either. In fact, PotC was down for 5 hours on Friday (March 9) and went down several times on Saturday (March 10).

jmuboy

TDO probably does not see the need to keep effects working on a ride like Pirates. Dumb tourists won't notice will they?

Hobnail Boot

It wasn't working when we were last weekend either. In fact, PotC was down for 5 hours on Friday (March 9) and went down several times on Saturday (March 10).
It went down on Sunday, too. We got back to it during EMH and it was up and running. Blackbeard and all.

HMF

This effect has been on and off for awhile now.

Judging by the recent DL refurb. The best way to fix it would be to tear out a lot of the rock work and work extensively on the effect then put in new rock work. Of course that would never happen because it would require a major refurbishment which as we know TDO does not like to do.

ntoeman

It was definitely working this past Tuesday (Mar. 13)! What I was surprised by was that it was Blackbeard because I thought it switched back to Davy Jones after the most recent movie hype slowed down again. Really the worst part was the amount of flash photography by other guests! A sure sign of the start to the busy spring break season I guess.

MerlinTheGoat

I was at Magic Kingdom on February 29th (One More Day of Disney, normal hours though). The effect was working at that time, it was even fairly clear looking despite hearing it was very blurry. Ironically, i also noticed more water jets were turned on than my previous early 2011 trip, i was sitting in the front and actually literally got soaked on the small drop lol! I got far less wet on Splash Mountain!:lol:

Rescue Ranger

I want Jones back....he at least made sense in that sequence. I can't believe its not fixed yet. When I was last on it in 2009, it wasnt working then either :rolleyes:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom