Flying Fish

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
Really?! Oh geez I better rethink these ressies
I would also add that I can't see any way that a party of 3 is spending $250 with a 20% discount, and not having wine or other adult beverages. If you just have an entree and dessert, you are, at most, looking at about $65-70 per person. $250 with TiW is a $300 meal. Really depends on what you want to spend. You can also easily spend that at Jiko with wine as well. Actually, any restaurant that says "signature" on the Disney website, and you can easily get to over $100 per person with adult beverages.

glennsgirl

Original Poster
I would also add that I can't see any way that a party of 3 is spending $250 with a 20% discount, and not having wine or other adult beverages. If you just have an entree and dessert, you are, at most, looking at about $65-70 per person. $250 with TiW is a $300 meal. Really depends on what you want to spend. You can also easily spend that at Jiko with wine as well. Actually, any restaurant that says "signature" on the Disney website, and you can easily get to over $100 per person with adult beverages.

We don't have TIW. It's just hubby and I at Flying Fish. There are 6 of us at Jiko and Boathouse and my son has an AP and owns a DVC so he can all of us discounts on the meals but not at Flying Fish, he won't be with us. We've done signature restaurants before but nothing that expensive for the 2 of us. In 2015 we went to Artist Point we had appetizers, cocktails and we all had dessert with specialty coffees with my son and his fiancé and with their TIW discount the bill was close to $400. We do have other table service ressies, so I don't wanna go broke eating lol.

contrariwise

I added up what we probably got: 30 or so in appetizers, 22 in wine (2 glasses), 150 in entrees, 10 or so in dessert, plus another beverage gets me to 220 or so. Add tax and tip, and you're nearer to 300 than 200. So yeah, pretty pricey. Which, as I say, I'm ok with if the food is really good.

OP - at Jiko I could easily get away with just doing appetizers and no entrée. Their appetizers are really good, so again, it just depends on what you order. As LuvtheGoof says, any signature is going to be expensive. We tend to not do more than 2 signature meals in one trip, sometimes only 1, but everyone is different.

WDWtraveler

Updated menu at the Flying Fish table service restaurant. As of Tuesday, January 9, 2018, there is a new and larger (more entrees) menu. The biggest change is that guests can choose either fish or steak and then select the accompaniment they choose. While the long-favorite potato wrapped snapper has not returned to the menu (yet), the accompanying leek fondue and red wine sauce is back. Guests will welcome the new variety and choices.

IMG_0077.JPG

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom