Flying Fish - Help!

bb5953

Original Poster
Hi everyone!

I made a reservation for the Flying Fish cafe for an evening in Ocotber and when the reservation came it was for a "wine" dinner. So I cancelled that reservation and booked another and that one came back as a wine dinner as well. Is this all they have in the evenings? Will it cost us more? We are on the dining plan will it be more then the 2 table service meals a regular dinner would be?

PeoplemoverTTA

Not sure if this is related, but something strange seems to be going on with dining reservations. I've had my Kouzzina 5pm dinner reservation booked for 5 months, and all of a sudden it changed and says "Chef's Menu at CoraNation Room," a high-priced chef's table experience.

I called WDW Dining and the CM said that she believed it was a glitch, but to be sure, she moved my 5:00 ADR to 5:10 (because for her, it said regular ole "Kouzzina"). Logged in to check my reservations, and it still says "Chef's Menu."

Perhaps the system is misreading your "regular" dining reservation for an upgraded one as well?

Pioneer Hall

Check with dining and see what the problem may be. The wine dinner is a special experience where you sit at the counter and have a 5 course meal specially prepared from you while you interact with the chefs in the kitchen. It isn't part of the dining plan either, so you are just going to want to make sure that everything is set accordingly. I did the chef's wine tasting in January, and while a bit on the expensive side it was fantastic.

BoardwalkGlenn

Not sure if this is related, but something strange seems to be going on with dining reservations. I've had my Kouzzina 5pm dinner reservation booked for 5 months, and all of a sudden it changed and says "Chef's Menu at CoraNation Room," a high-priced chef's table experience.

I called WDW Dining and the CM said that she believed it was a glitch, but to be sure, she moved my 5:00 ADR to 5:10 (because for her, it said regular ole "Kouzzina"). Logged in to check my reservations, and it still says "Chef's Menu."

Perhaps the system is misreading your "regular" dining reservation for an upgraded one as well?

Same thing shows for me. I had a regular ol' Kouzzina dinner booked and lately it's been showing as a "Chef's Menu at CoraNation Room" too.

The Incredible Schmulk

Yeah, there are threads about this over on the Dis, too. There's a glitch in the system that is causing that reservation to appear as the specialty dinner for some reason. Your reservation is still for the actual restaurant, though.

Don't worry about it.

EvilQueen-T

we're booked for a regular meal at flying fish in november. i was just double checking and noticed the same thing on mine yesterday and had planned on doing the same thing you did today but when i looked again today it was for the regular meal we'd booked not the wine/dine. i still have my original confirmation email and it was for the regular but both numbers were the same. it's their system because it's happening to to many people to be all of us.

i know when i called friday with plans to pay off my trip they couldn't do that either saying they were upgrading the system.

fredtom

The same thing has happened to our Kouzzina & Flying Fish ADR's recently. Both listings had changed to the special chef's table event name.

I just checked and Flying Fish has changed back to the original, but Kouzzina is still listed as the Chef's Menu.

"An Adventurer's life is best!" :lol:

EvilQueen-T

i'm happy with all the expansion going on at wdw but i wish they'd keep the current stuff working properly. the computer system is getting more and more frustrating.

mickeysshoes

I have ADRs at both also and I noticed the same thing yesterday. I did not have time to worry about it but now after reading this I wont at all. I figured I would just deal with when we showed anyway. We tend to like to eat at the bar at Flying Fish anyway so that would not be problem. Glad its not jsut me!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom