News Florida residents will be able to buy a Walt Disney World 50th license plate supporting Make-A-Wish

JohnD

Florida Residents who purchased the voucher, you'll probably get a letter from FLHSMV which says the tag is now available. Among other things, the letter says "the pre-sale voucher receipt you received is not required to be presented". Bring the pre-sale voucher receipt you received and be ready to present it. Also bring in your registration for your existing license tag and obviously have your Florida drivers license ready. They'll need all three for verification. You'll be "replacing" your existing tag which is cancelled immediately. Be ready to pay $34.90 for the tag (If you use a credit card, there is a $2 "service fee"). You'll get your new registration and license tag so it would be wise to replace the tag on your vehicle as soon as possible.

You can order a personalized plate but it will take approx. another 8 weeks before you receive it.

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
For those that want to personalize it, there are plenty of WDW## prefix plates available. As of 21/Sept/2021, 5:45pm Eastern Time, the following WDW## combinations are available.

4 DIGIT:
WDW6
WDW8
WDW9
WDW0

5 DIGIT:
WDW02
WDW05
WDW08
WDW09
WDW11
WDW14
WDW15
WDW16
WDW19
WDW20
WDW22
WDW24
WDW25
WDW26
WDW29
WDW30
WDW31
WDW32
WDW34
WDW35
WDW36
WDW37
WDW38
WDW39
WDW40
WDW41
WDW43
WDW44
WDW45
WDW46
WDW47
WDW48
WDW49
WDW51
WDW52
WDW53
WDW54
WDW56
WDW57
WDW58
WDW59
WDW60
WDW61
WDW62
WDW64
WDW64
WDW65
WDW67
WDW68
WDW69
WDW70
WDW76
WDW77
WDW80
WDW81
WDW82
WDW84
WDW86
WDW87
WDW89
WDW90
WDW91
WDW93
WDW94
WDW96
WDW97
WDW98
WDW99

JohnD

For those that want to personalize it, there are plenty of WDW## prefix plates available. As of 21/Sept/2021, 5:45pm Eastern Time, the following WDW## combinations are available.

4 DIGIT:
WDW6
WDW8
WDW9
WDW0

5 DIGIT:
WDW02
WDW05
WDW08
WDW09
WDW11
WDW14
WDW15
WDW16
WDW19
WDW20
WDW22
WDW24
WDW25
WDW26
WDW29
WDW30
WDW31
WDW32
WDW34
WDW35
WDW36
WDW37
WDW38
WDW39
WDW40
WDW41
WDW43
WDW44
WDW45
WDW46
WDW47
WDW48
WDW49
WDW51
WDW52
WDW53
WDW54
WDW56
WDW57
WDW58
WDW59
WDW60
WDW61
WDW62
WDW64
WDW64
WDW65
WDW67
WDW68
WDW69
WDW70
WDW76
WDW77
WDW80
WDW81
WDW82
WDW84
WDW86
WDW87
WDW89
WDW90
WDW91
WDW93
WDW94
WDW96
WDW97
WDW98
WDW99
I chose to get my plate now before going to the 50th next week. Otherwise, it will take approx 8 weeks to get the personalized plate.

disneygeek90

Florida Residents who purchased the voucher, you'll probably get a letter from FLHSMV which says the tag is now available. Among other things, the letter says "the pre-sale voucher receipt you received is not required to be presented". Bring the pre-sale voucher receipt you received and be ready to present it. Also bring in your registration for your existing license tag and obviously have your Florida drivers license ready. They'll need all three for verification. You'll be "replacing" your existing tag which is cancelled immediately. Be ready to pay $34.90 for the tag (If you use a credit card, there is a $2 "service fee"). You'll get your new registration and license tag so it would be wise to replace the tag on your vehicle as soon as possible.

You can order a personalized plate but it will take approx. another 8 weeks before you receive it.
Thanks for the info. Do you know if there’s an additional fee for the personalized plate?

Also if ordering a personalized plate, does that have to be done in person with the process you described?

JohnD

Thanks for the info. Do you know if there’s an additional fee for the personalized plate?

Also if ordering a personalized plate, does that have to be done in person with the process you described?
Personalized is likely an additional fee. You need to go to your local tax collectors office to get the tag. This is different from a simple renewal. Keep in mind you’ll have to wait approx 8 weeks for the personalized tag.

mkt

Premium Member
I really need to get to the tax collector. Why can’t they be open on the weekends?
This service does it online - https://myfloridaspecialtyplate.com/walt-disney-world.html

However, if you do it at the tax collector's office, you can usually get in and out very quickly if you show up first thing. In my case, I was in and out in 25 minutes, and that included having to do two license plate replacements/renewals, and an HOV decal.

mkt

Premium Member
I chose to get my plate now before going to the 50th next week. Otherwise, it will take approx 8 weeks to get the personalized plate.

That's fair, however you can order a personalized one now, swap it when it arrives, and keep the original one as a souvenir.

vikescaper

This service does it online - https://myfloridaspecialtyplate.com/walt-disney-world.html

However, if you do it at the tax collector's office, you can usually get in and out very quickly if you show up first thing. In my case, I was in and out in 25 minutes, and that included having to do two license plate replacements/renewals, and an HOV decal.
I preordered mine through the Orange County site so I will have to go to the local tax collector. I just have to bite the bullet and take a longer lunch break one of these days so I can run there. I believe my sister ordered hers through the website you provided the link to.

monorail81

Did you order the personalized plate online?
No. In person. Even though I am keeping the same personalization, I had to fill out the form as if it was my first time requesting it. Our tax collector is still working on an appointment system, so it took less than 10 minutes.

JohnD

No. In person. Even though I am keeping the same personalization, I had to fill out the form as if it was my first time requesting it. Our tax collector is still working on an appointment system, so it took less than 10 minutes.

Yeah, the tax collector's office in my county is also by appointment due to COVID. It may be that way all over Florida. Advice to anyone getting a tag, check your tax collector's office website about going to locations. You may have to make a reservation online first. Obviously, being a member of this forum and a WDW guest, you're used to that.

mkt

Premium Member
Yeah, the tax collector's office in my county is also by appointment due to COVID. It may be that way all over Florida. Advice to anyone getting a tag, check your tax collector's office website about going to locations. You may have to make a reservation online first. Obviously, being a member of this forum and a WDW guest, you're used to that.
Except in counties with private tag agencies, which are Miami Dade, Broward, Manatee, Volusia, and Lee. The process is the same, but the websites and phone calls are different, and the fees are slightly higher.

Orange County has them, but for dealers only (ie, buying license plates in bulk, and doing bulk registrations of car sales)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom