Florida Resident Rules

Yellow Shoes

Florida Resident Rules
Here's my disclaimer:
I am not looking to get around the rules, but rather looking for a way to make the rules work for me.

Brother in law and wife live in Florida. We do not.

I am trying to figure out how to do a two-fer, i.e., see BIL and also see Mickey--as inexpensively as possible.

I think I have heard that the Fl resident can book up to 2 rooms.

BIL books the rooms
BIL checks in, shows FL driver's license, and puts room charges on his charge card
We pay BIL back.

Here's the question--BIL may not be too excited about staying the night on-site (he lives in Ocala, not that far away, and he has a BIG dog). Are we OK with staying in the rooms? We'll do the express checkout deal, so we shouldn't have any more encounters with the front desk staff.
Or, BIL might just come down to Orlando for the weekend and would stay 2 nights and we would stay for 6. (I would seriously consider keeping the second room, however. )

I'm thinking that he gets 2 rooms for 6 nights. He may or may not decide to sleep in one of them.

Is there any reason that we would be asked for Florida ID other than at check in? (We would NOT try this for park passes. We would just pay the regular price.)

Thanks.

GioGoof

You have no problem. I live in florida and I do this all the time with friends. when you make a reservation they will tell you only the person checking in needs florida ID. go have fun and enjoy walt disney world :wave:

Upvote 0

lnsemsf

Originally posted by Woody13
So, you condone theft by fraud and/or deceit?:confused:
I definitly support it. I'm going to Vegas in a few weeks, staying with 5 other friends in a room which we are paying for 2 people. Thats a savings of $100 a night. I don't feal bad at all about it. Point is, it's a crime where nobody gets hurt, you still spend money, and nobody cares. For the record, it's against the laws to pass gas in a public place on a thursday after 6pm in florida. I don't know you, but I suspect sir you are in fact a criminal!

http://www.naplesnetwork.com/floridalaws.htm for more info on the laws.

Upvote 0

Woody13

Originally posted by lnsemsf
I definitly support it. I'm going to Vegas in a few weeks, staying with 5 other friends in a room which we are paying for 2 people. Thats a savings of $100 a night. I don't feal bad at all about it. Point is, it's a crime where nobody gets hurt, you still spend money, and nobody cares. For the record, it's against the laws to pass gas in a public place on a thursday after 6pm in florida. I don't know you, but I suspect sir you are in fact a criminal!

http://www.naplesnetwork.com/floridalaws.htm for more info on the laws.

It would be in your best interest to edit or retract your statements.

Upvote 0

Woody13

Originally posted by trendymagic
It is not theft when Disney is making the offer available. They do the same for Passholders. Passholders can book many rooms as well, only one person needs to have the pass.

Disney has never made an offer that includes fraud, except when Roy was in charge of animation. Ok, you got me!:D

Upvote 0

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
No longer, Passholders can only reserve one room per pass.
As I recall, that's a fairly recent rule. AP holders could book more than one room on one pass. Now there has to be a passholder for each room on the reservation [though not necessarily in each room].

I think it started 1 January this year.

Upvote 0

The Mom

Premium Member
As I recall, that's a fairly recent rule. AP holders could book more than one room on one pass. Now there has to be a passholder for each room on the reservation [though not necessarily in each room].

I think it started 1 January this year.

I don't suppose it was because people were abusing the privilege? Nah.

Before that, it was one passholder per room, but age didn't matter. (ie, you could book a room using your child's pass)

Then, it was ?3 per passholder.

Now it's back to one passholder/room. Does anyone know if there's a minimum age, or are we back to being able to use a child's pass?

Upvote 0

Rob562

No longer, Passholders can only reserve one room per pass.

Also note that this thread is almost four years old... A number of things have changed since the information at the start of the thread was posted. Including all room keys having the Lead Guest's name on them. I believe when MYW was introduced in 2005, each person's name is put on their own ID.

-Rob

(And as for the new poster who bumped this old thread up, it's not really necessary to correct info in such old threads... When policies change, there's usually a brand new thread for it)

Upvote 0

The Mom

Premium Member
Also note that this thread is almost four years old... A number of things have changed since the information at the start of the thread was posted. Including all room keys having the Lead Guest's name on them. I believe when MYW was introduced in 2005, each person's name is put on their own ID.

-Rob

(And as for the new poster who bumped this old thread up, it's not really necessary to correct info in such old threads... When policies change, there's usually a brand new thread for it)

I couldn't find one. :lookaroun

Upvote 0

kimmychad

Geez. Relax man. They are just trying to save a few bucks so they have more spending money and what not. It happens everyday.

im booking a room in sept to get the bounceback promotion, but we're staying off property in a condo. following disneys rules doesnt indicate fraud, it just makes good financial sense

Upvote 0

supapampam

as to room keys -- for the last couple of years each person staying in the room had they own key with there name on it. in the past it was only the person the how reserved the room but they did change as stated above.

Upvote 0

JPVonDrake

To Clarify...

Our current policies are...

Florida Resident Discounted Room Offer

Eligibility and Validation:

At least one adult, 18 years of age and older, staying in the room is required to show proof of Florida Residency upon check in. If multiple rooms are booked there must be at least one adult FL Resident per room.

The following items are the only documents accepted as proof of Florida Residency:
  • Valid Florida State Drivers License
  • Valid Florida State issued ID Card with Florida Address
  • Valid Florida Voter’s Registration Card with the Guest's name and address with corresponding photo ID
  • Valid Florida University / College Student ID
  • Valid Military ID stationed at one of the Florida Military Bases

Passholder Discounted Room Offers

Eligibility:

At least one (1) adult, 18 years of age and older, staying in the room is required to show proof of having an Annual Pass upon check in. If multiple rooms are booked there must be at least one adult passholder per room.

Valid Annual Pass Validation:
  • Disney Premium Annual Pass
  • Disney Annual Pass
  • Florida Resident Seasonal Pass

Annual Passes Not Eligible for this Offer:
  • Disney Water Park Annual Pass
  • Downtown Disney Pleasure Island Annual Pass
  • DisneyQuest Annual Pass
  • Golf Annual Pass
  • EPCOT after 4 Pass

All policies and procedures are subject to change at any time.

Upvote 0

The Mom

Premium Member
Thanks, JP. It appears that DH & I (both FL AP passholders) could book one rooms each, and then play musical beds after check-in. (ie, my SIL would be in my room "officially", while my brother would be in DH's room....until bedtime.)

Or would that be considered cheating?

Never mind, some would consider it cheating) BTW, I have never done this, nor do I have any intention of doing so. I was just trying to come up with an example.

Upvote 0

Rob562

Thanks, JP. It appears that DH & I (both FL AP passholders) could book one rooms each, and then play musical beds after check-in. (ie, my SIL would be in my room "officially", while my brother would be in DH's room....until bedtime.)

Or would that be considered cheating?

Never mind, some would consider it cheating) BTW, I have never done this, nor do I have any intention of doing so. I was just trying to come up with an example.

Actually, the rules are that within your party you just need as many AP-holders as you have rooms. So if you have two rooms booked, you need two AP-holders. But which rooms they actually stay in and are registered in is irrelevant.

So in your example, you're fine booking thw two rooms according to the people who actually stay in them.

The trip where I went with a group of friends, this is exactly how things worked out. One friend and I were AP holders, but we were staying in the same room. The other two friends had regular tickets, and were in the other room. But we were within the rules for having the AP discount on both rooms (even when the second room didn't start until the day after ours, but ended on the same day)

-Rob

Upvote 0

kimmychad

Actually, the rules are that within your party you just need as many AP-holders as you have rooms. So if you have two rooms booked, you need two AP-holders. But which rooms they actually stay in and are registered in is irrelevant.

So in your example, you're fine booking thw two rooms according to the people who actually stay in them.

The trip where I went with a group of friends, this is exactly how things worked out. One friend and I were AP holders, but we were staying in the same room. The other two friends had regular tickets, and were in the other room. But we were within the rules for having the AP discount on both rooms (even when the second room didn't start until the day after ours, but ended on the same day)

-Rob

when we called last sept to get the bounceback offer for this year i wanted to reserve 2 rooms, one for the wife and i and one for her mom and cousin, the cm said no problem she just had to put my wife in one room and me in one, due to the discount attatched to the household.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom