Flip Flops

Courtney488

Watch out for those flip flops on rainy days...you'll slip and slide all over the place! lol. Seems like the cement is Epcot is the worst for that, not sure why. Maybe it's just me.

Launchpad

Account Suspended
Watch out for those flip flops on rainy days...you'll slip and slide all over the place! lol. Seems like the cement is Epcot is the worst for that, not sure why. Maybe it's just me.
Which reminds me. I got some of the cheap flip flops from PacSun that are basically a piece of foam with the strap on the end. We rode some water rides and when they got soaked it was impossible to walk on. The foam was slippery so my feet was sliding off of the actual flip flop. It was like walking on ice and I'd have to step down very carefully. I got some weird looks. :lol:

pintraderpayee

Original Poster
Launchpad,
Thanks for the shopping info. My students were happy to know about the Disney Crocs in adult sizes. I have one girl student with a size 13 foot who is hopeful:lol: DD (13) recently got some of the little "shoe charms" for her generic (AKA teacher's kid Crocs) Crocs that are Lightening McQueen and Sally, just in case she couldn't find Disney Crocs.......since your info. DD is headed straight to MouseGears on the day we go to Epcot. Thanks again.

43 days until we are ºoºrlando bound with 21 teens on a school bus for 930 miles of smiles:hammer: :sohappy:

Launchpad

Account Suspended
Launchpad,
Thanks for the shopping info. My students were happy to know about the Disney Crocs in adult sizes. I have one girl student with a size 13 foot who is hopeful:lol: DD (13) recently got some of the little "shoe charms" for her generic (AKA teacher's kid Crocs) Crocs that are Lightening McQueen and Sally, just in case she couldn't find Disney Crocs.......since your info. DD is headed straight to MouseGears on the day we go to Epcot. Thanks again.

43 days until we are ºoºrlando bound with 21 teens on a school bus for 930 miles of smiles:hammer: :sohappy:
Bwana Bob's definitely has some as of yesterday. Not sure where you are staying but I saw some at the Contemporary and I bought mine at the Poly. With that in mind I'm sure you can get them at any resort.

The good news is every size is Womens ?-? and Mens ?-?. In other words, they tell you the equivalent size for the gender wearing them. Doubles your chances of finding the one you want. :lol:

frazierle

crocs rule.........

Crocs are wonderful for Disney......the only shoe I bring. Now my family is doing the same. And now they have Disney Crocs:ROFLOL:
On my feet all day and no problems at all. Get Wet:confused: Cool too!!! Feet get cold?:eek: Socks.......the perfect shoe.:sohappy:

Marianne

[FONT=&quot]Hi, I like flip flops, which are made of a broad range of materials like wood, plastic, rubber and leather. A lot of bare-footers prefer flip flops because they can be easily fitted inside their backpacks or handbags due to their flat design. :p

[/FONT]

shanny

if you want a nice comfy pair of flip flops, i suggest reef's mick fanning. they are super comfy, and have great arch support!!! plus they have a bottle opener on the bottom. perfect! ive had mine for 1.5 years now, and wear them just about everyday. especially when working in the warmer months (im a dog walker). best shoes ever!:sohappy:

summerluvin

I think i'm going to pick up a pair of those croc sandals. I'm not a big fan of how the regluar ones look, but they sure seem comfortable.
last year I wore my memphsitos, theyre kinda like birkenstocks, very sturdy sandals but kinda pricey.

:wave:

I'm all about the flip-flops. When it comes to shoes, I go as bare as possible. To heck with arch support...I'm sure this will catch up with me later in life, but when we last did WDW I wore those cute MJ Skechers for the first two days and then gave in to the flip fop urge. Got my FF's from American Eagle, one of the few retailers that carries size 5. Love them, bought 2 pairs and have worn them out.

KevGuy

Just got a pair of Teva Terrifi sandals. OMG they are sooo comfortable. Cost me $80 but seem to be worth every penny. Should be good for me on Kali River Rapids next Friday!!!!!:D

agdbeanie

I ALWAYS wear flip flops at Disney World. My Reefs are super comfortable and if it rains (which happens a lot in Florida) you aren't stuck in soggy tennis shoes all day. The only thing that you might worry about is the tan lines from the straps.
And, I wear flops anytime I'm not at work.

ldsprincess

another yay for flip flops! i wear 'em every time we go to disney too. it gets slippery in the rain...but other than that i've never had any problems. tennis shoes seem to get too hot! i'm all for old navy flip flops too! they're not expensive and they're comfy!
~Renee

broadwaychic

I have always worn flip flops to WDW, except for this past spring break. I always said how I absolutely HATED crocs, but of course, I fell in love with the Disney ones. So I wore crocs [...only got one blister, but they were new, so I should have worn socks :) ]

ThinkTink721

I am taking both flip-flops & tennis shoes.
The flip-flops that I have are ones that I wear alot.
They have a very thick sole, so they are more comfortable to me than regular flip-flops.
:wave:

Flight Safety

Yes

I'll pipe in on the other side -- I always wear my flipflops in the parks and find them to be comfortable and get no blisters from my Tevas...however, I always bring along shoes to wear to dinner at night, or when going to Downtown Disney, or back to the parks at night.

You should keep your flip flops on for all of the rides except Soarin' - where you just merely place them in the bag under your seat, or just leave them on the floor in front of you - you return right back to them at the end of the ride.

I agree. I do the same, I almost always wear my sandals. I have never ever had a problem wearing my flip flops on any ride. However, some restaraunts will require closed toed shoes.

Most people think it smart to buy new shoes for thier WDW trip and it just makes me laugh because thats the worst thing for your feet. By the end of the day, you will be extremely sore and very unhappy with your new kicks. It never fails; 3 out of 5 people in WDW are wearing brand spankin new kicks. I really get going when I see someone wearing high heels in a park in the middle of the day. That has gotta be uncomfortable.

My reccomendation, wear whats comfortable for you.

DizWrldTeam5

shoes...

They only make you take them off at Soarin. Other than that I dont think they need to take there shoes off. In my opinion I only wear flip flops when I go to the water parks, walk around by the pool, or walk on the boardwalk, out to dinner. Be sure to tell them be careful on the monorail because my shoe got caught once and I almost fell. I'd bring a pair of sneakers theres alot of walking.

RayLaVeau

Croc of all trades

Definately Crocs, I have the open toe sandal and the original, never take em off, except for nice gatherings, at WDW? I hate having hot feet so it is a definate must to wear crocs for me...Take em off on all the rides except for the ones Icant of course...:)
Discovered them in Hawaii and cant live without em now....

43 more days...yipppeee!!!

Aurora23

They only footwear sign I remember is on Kali River Rapids, where it said footwear MUST be worn.

Ooooooo... anyone know if this is still true? I wear sneakers and was hoping to take them off and put them in the dry area in the middle. I have talked myself into going on this for the first time, but if I get my shoes wet - I might rethink.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom