Flight of the Navigator Ship in Tomorrowland?

Jerm

Original Poster
So watching flight of the Navigator and decided to go looking about info about it. Besides learning that it was not that great of a movie, Wiki says that one of the ships is/was the Coke Ship in Tomorrowland? This is very random and it is off wikipedia so it holds about as much water as most rumors we hear from bus drivers, but if any place might have more of the info it would be someone on here????

Anyone know anything.....and YES I KNOW WIKIPEDIA IS EDITED BY ANYONE so there is no need to say that in every other post!

ChrisFL

Premium Member
No it isn't that ship...however it was on the backstage tour at DHS for a long time (not sure if it's still there)

RAXIP

Alternate View of Flight of the Navigator by ChadScott, on Flickr

Thirst Rangers Cool Ship by Groucho Dis, on Flickr

There are some similarities in shape, but it's hard to tell if it is true.

Wikipedia said:
One of the hulls underwent refurbishment and is currently used as the Cool Ship in Tomorrowland of Magic Kingdom at Walt Disney World.
I decided to look back at the article's edit history. This edit to the Flight of the Navigator entry on Wikipedia was that user's only edit on the site and no source is cited (edited in Jan 2010). The Tomorrowland article was edited in Oct 2010 by another user, who had just read the Flight of the Navigator article.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
Hmm, if it was another one from the movie, not the one from DHS then it's a possibility.

I know Disney recycles tons of things

Mansion Butler

Seems plausible. Also seems plausible that someone saw the ship and decided it might be the FotN ship, told that to someone else who thought that meant it WAS the FotN ship, who told that to someone else, and so on, until someone felt word of mouth was enough to put it on Wikipedia.

Much like how someone talking about what they'd like to happen becomes a cast member rumor which becomes a fact told to a guest which gets diseminated on a message board. :lol:

danielj80

i can confirm that there were 2 ships used in that movie, one is on the backlot of DHS and the other one was re-themed (according to the latest edition of D23 Magazine) to the cool ship in tomorrowland at the magic kingdom.

jjharvpro

i can confirm that there were 2 ships used in that movie, one is on the backlot of DHS and the other one was re-themed (according to the latest edition of D23 Magazine) to the cool ship in tomorrowland at the magic kingdom.

Yes, I was about to post that. If you haven't read the latest edition of 'Disney twenty-three', get it! It's a fantastic read, ALL ABOUT WDW! Even if you are an expert, there will surely be something in there new to you!

blackthidot

In the Parks
Yes
I used to watch that movie ALL the time when I was a kid. I only remember the one that is in DHS being in the movie.

jato4x4

That's awesome. I loved watchin that movie when I was little. Especially since I grew up in South Florida, I always wanted to fly that ship across the everglades like 10 feet above the ground like in the movie. lol. Good to know that is one of the actual prop ships.

InLikeFlynn

Wow...I had no idea, that is SO cool! Just a random fact, as a teen (in the early 90's) I was penpals with the pretty blonde girl that the lead boy has a crush on in the movie...so that makes the ship even cooler to me, haha.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom