Flight of Passage vs. Harry Potter

10Magic

Original Poster
I can use a bit of advice from those who have ridden both. My wife is a bit squeamish on some rides, but she was okay with both Harry Potter rides at Universal. How does the new Avatar Flight of Passage compare to the Potter attractions? Thanks!

Cmdr_Crimson

I can use a bit of advice from those who have ridden both. My wife is a bit squeamish on some rides, but she was okay with both Harry Potter rides at Universal. How does the new Avatar Flight of Passage compare to the Potter attractions? Thanks!

Take the ride Soarin with more drops and dips and instead of a Chair your straddling a seat high in the air......In 3d...

Damon7777

I feel Cmdr_Crimson sums it up pretty well. Yes, Flight of Passage is a noticeably more intense and vivid experience than Soarin. Avatar is an all out attack on one's senses.

I think it's safe to say if one can handle that internal organ shaker known as Forbidden Journey or the unexpected manuevering of a Gringot, then one can deal with the likes of a Flight of Passage.

gazzy360

If she can handle HP then FOP will be a breeze.

On a side note I was actually disappointed with FOP and wouldn't queue longer than 30 mins for it (which is what we queued during extra magic hours) - hype gives high expectations and as fun as FOP was, it just didn't live up IMO. Maybe I have to see the movies to get it?
I know that wasn't the question but I've had nobody to admit that to!

Disney Khi

I rode Forbidden Journey and really didn't like it. It was too intense for me. I was fine on FOP, but it made me feel a little weird afterwards- not exactly motion sick, but unsettled enough that I'm not sure if I want to ride it again. If your wife is fine with FJ, she will be fine on FOP.

rk03221

I think avatarland is alright and fop is an awesome ride except it’s avatar, I don’t care about avatar. I absolutely love Harry Potter so it’s for me and many others, Fj is better.

Edward M

You’ll be fine. Flight of Passage is thrilling but not intense in the slightest, to me at least. If anyone survived FJ, they’ll have 0 problems with FoP

DfromATX

I'm hoping FOP will be like HP (more than Soarin' and SW). We got to experience HP a few years ago and we thought it was the best ride ever!

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
How did you get two fast passes for a tier one ride on the same day?

I would love to do it too
They literally just popped up! I guess those "how to get hard fastpass" websites are true, when 2 people change their FP+s they'll be come available.

Or am I reading it wrong and you think I have 2 fast passes for myself? Because what I meant was I have 2 fastpasses, one for me and one for a friend!

DfromATX

They literally just popped up! I guess those "how to get hard fastpass" websites are true, when 2 people change their FP+s they'll be come available.

Or am I reading it wrong and you think I have 2 fast passes for myself? Because what I meant was I have 2 fastpasses, one for me and one for a friend!

That's how I read it too at first, but I figured it wasn't what you meant.

Sherrill

Kinda happy. I scored 2 FP+s on FOP yesterday at 8:00 pm for October the 8th!! No other times have been available since! Woo!
I tried for 63 days ( i mean looking every hour on MDE) to get a FP for this ride. Even up to the time I was standing in line a couple of weeks ago. There was nothing. If I hadn't gotten there first thing in the morning (still a 60 min wait at 7:45am), I probably would have never had the chance to try it.

DfromATX

I tried for 63 days ( i mean looking every hour on MDE) to get a FP for this ride. Even up to the time I was standing in line a couple of weeks ago. There was nothing. If I hadn't gotten there first thing in the morning (still a 60 min wait at 7:45am), I probably would have never had the chance to try it.

This is what worries me. Our next trip isn't until next June, so I'm not able to book any FP's yet of course, but from what I'm reading, it's nearly impossible and that really sucks. Same with dining. I've never had problems getting what I want before, but I've been playing around and pretending to book 6 months out and nothing is available!

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
This is what worries me. Our next trip isn't until next June, so I'm not able to book any FP's yet of course, but from what I'm reading, it's nearly impossible and that really sucks. Same with dining. I've never had problems getting what I want before, but I've been playing around and pretending to book 6 months out and nothing is available!
It really is technically close to impossible... I'm just saying that there IS a LITTLE hope. That's why I was so happy.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom