Flight of Passage: People of size be warned

KTCpiano

Original Poster
The two accounts I read that had numbers put it in that range. I'm just relaying what I read. I do think what others have said is true, it's likely many (most)? of these folks could have probably fit if they had a better feel for how the restraint/seat works, same for CMs working.

In the low tech analogy, it's like Barnstormer. I know that on that ride I need to cros my legs at the ankles to fit, so I do it.

Agreed. In the note I sent Disney, I felt the cast member was not adequately trained to teach me how to get into the seat. The cast member outside in the hall when I had to exit verified that he felt I should have fit and offered to help me try again. However, by that point, I was done.

As for statistics, they held true for my ride cycle. About 25% of us were exiting.

kbmb

I am 6'1 250 and had no issues. Harry Potter has been an issue for me. Busch Gardens in Tampa has many rides that are not workable for me.

I'm looking forward to hearing anyone that's closer to 6'1" 320 lbs and if they fit.

RSoxNo1

Hearing some "adjustments" have already been made since the early previews to allow some of the people who couldn't ride before to be able to ride... not sure how true that is, so take the info with a grain of salt...
Banks Lee of Attractions Magazine (and possible Corless' site as well, I'm not sure) was not able to get on at first, but I believe he has since been able to get on. He ran into issues at Forbidden Journey initially as well.

PizzaPlanet

On one of the TV previews didn't we see traditional seats for those who are handicapped? Perhaps "people of size" could use those.

Rteetz

Banks Lee of Attractions Magazine (and possible Corless' site as well, I'm not sure) was not able to get on at first, but I believe he has since been able to get on. He ran into issues at Forbidden Journey initially as well.
BigFatPanda was also able to ride.

correcaminos

FOP accommodates wheel chairs but you may have to transfer. Cannot link to the article but
The AVATAR Flight of Passage ride system is unique and simply could not accommodate a wheelchair, but wheelchair guests can transfer to ride. Transferring to ride a thrill ride at Walt Disney World is far from uncommon, as less-intense thrill rides such as Soarin’, the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, and Test Track all require such practices. Mind you, these are not decades-old attractions, but all rides that have opened since 1999, in a more modern age where theme parks often have guests requiring accommodation in mind.

At Flight of Passage, guests in a manual wheelchair can stay in their chair until they get to the ride vehicle, as the queue and pre-show experiences are fully accessible. The wheelchair can then pull right beside the Flight of Passage “link chair” seat and transferring will require 1-2 steps.

Those who need additional assistance transferring can also make use of a special wheelchair that is available. This wheelchair has the ability to elevate the guest in the seat via manual foot pump, similar to a barber’s chair. Cast members we spoke to at the attraction said they were able to load guests from this wheelchair effectively with little problem.

Rider

We are saying the same thing. The queue accommodates but the actual ride vehicles do not. Like Soarin but unlike Small World.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom