Flight changed!

BillsFanGabe

Im going to WDW in November and my flight coming home from orlando to rochester, ny has been changed, it was orginally scheduled to leave orlando at 6:17 pm and they changed it to 12:06 p.m. I was like what the heck Airtran. So I said that we didnt want to come home that early so i called WDW, because we booked the airfare through them and they said that they would gladly change our flight for us for free since airtran changed our flight, so we got the latest flight wich is 6:07 p.m., and the castmember said to us that we should keep our original tickets coming home, so were using different tickets for a different flight but same day, anyone else had this happen to them before?

rubbergypsy

airtran is notorious for changing flight times, but they are very accomodating and will rebook you at no additional charge. i hear you are part of the wigglywho club lol:ROFLOL::wave:

Upvote 0

tigsmom

Keep an eye on things, AirTran is pulling out of many places and have not been notifying people. We found out about it in our local newspaper.

Upvote 0

mousefan1972

Yes, the same thing just happened to us for our Airtran flights from Boston to Orlando in December. I was on their website last night when I saw the change. The new flight times are completely different from what we booked just 2 weeks ago. But we're happier with the new times, so it worked out fine for us. Now I just need to keep checking in case it changes again.

Upvote 0

smk

Im going to WDW in November and my flight coming home from orlando to rochester, ny has been changed, it was orginally scheduled to leave orlando at 6:17 pm and they changed it to 12:06 p.m. I was like what the heck Airtran. So I said that we didnt want to come home that early so i called WDW, because we booked the airfare through them and they said that they would gladly change our flight for us for free since airtran changed our flight, so we got the latest flight wich is 6:07 p.m., and the castmember said to us that we should keep our original tickets coming home, so were using different tickets for a different flight but same day, anyone else had this happen to them before?
I am confused!!:veryconfu If there was a 6:07 flight why would AirTran switch you to a 12:06 flight? Why not switch you to the 6:07 flight right off the bat? It's only 10 minutes earlier than your original departure time, that would make more sense anyway (but who knows). Why would you keep your original tickets coming home IF your flight was switched to the later flight? I would call and confirm, confirm and confirm some more just to be sure they are not planning on pulling another fast one on you. Take names and etch them in stone just so you have plenty of amo when and if you get to the airport and they say it was all your fault that you missed your 12:06 flight home.

Have you thought of adding a day and leaving the next day at the 12:06 flight? That's what I would do, add another day of vacation. :shrug:

Upvote 0

AEfx

I am confused!!:veryconfu If there was a 6:07 flight why would AirTran switch you to a 12:06 flight? Why not switch you to the 6:07 flight right off the bat?

Most likely because the 12:06 had the most open seats. It's not the most popular time to leave Orlando. Then the people who had issue with it could be bumped to the 6:07, which I am sure was a fuller flight to begin with.

AEfx

Upvote 0

Tinkerbella16

Right after I read your post I went to check on our flights...and it's a good thing I did. We are also leaving in November flying AirTran from Philly. Our 1:00pm flight going, changed to 6:40pm!!!!! I was so angry, that would have been a whole day wasted because they changed it. We just got off the phone with AirTran, and the guy was very nice. He switched us to the 11:42am non-stop flight with no extra charge, so now we get to leave a little earlier!!! Thank god it worked out, now I am going to be checking every week just incase. That time difference was pretty rediculous. I am just glad they straightened it out for us.

Thank you for posting this thread or else I would have never checked!

Upvote 0

majorrfb

Airtran

Keep an eye on things, AirTran is pulling out of many places and have not been notifying people. We found out about it in our local newspaper.

Thanks to this forum I became aware of Airtrans stoppage of flights from Newburgh, NY beginning Sept. 3. My wife and I were scheduled to fly from there Nov. 29, 2008. I immediately called Airtran the the rep tried to convince me to fly from Boston or New York. I explained, each of those cities is 3 hours from my home, no thank you. They did give a full refund b and I scheduled JetBlue out of Newburgh.The price is $236 more over Airtrans initial cost. I wasn't a happy man but the thought of my birthday and wedding anniversery at the World takes some of the sting and disappointment away.:brick:

Upvote 0

DisneyPirate85

Thats why we fly SouthWest:wave:
Airtran would be nice with the ME but they can never beat SouthWest times and $$ out of Indianapolis. Now if SouthWest would just square away the ME details for the return flights with Disney

Upvote 0

AEfx

Wow, I'm really shocked that this company cancels flights/changes flights and doesn't even notify people. Especially when they cancel the route, LOL.

AEfx

Upvote 0

sueybee

First time flying Airtran here :wave:. Leaving for the World 08/26/08 no email about a change to flights but decided to check after reading this, yup there was a change, was only by 6 minutes, but still its the point! My question is because there was a change to I have to call Disney and let them know?

Upvote 0

maryszhi

i would. yeah its six minutes, but they could keep changing it. i would bring a cell phone with incase it takes longer so you can let disney know
hop it helps

Upvote 0

Rob562

It took AirTran almost a month to inform me by e-mail about a time change for my flight down in September (still the same flight number, but it was moved 30 minutes earlier).

Of course, I happened to check out my friend's flight info, and AirTran had totally eliminated all non-stops from Washington National to Orlando. He waited a week or two to see if AirTran or Expedia would tell him about it. He first tried Expedia, and even they hadn't been informed of the changes. He eventually talked to someone at AirTran, and his only option that would still get him into Orlando before 4PM (originally supposed to land at 11AM) would be to get a 6:30AM flight, connect in Atlanta, and get in at 10:30AM. So a departure 2.5 hours earlier gets him in only 30 minutes earlier...

As for my flight home on JetBlue (flying two different airlines this trip), they informed me by e-mail almost immediately when my flight time coming home on that trip changed by 40 minutes. I'd recently logged on and confirmed it, so the change couldn't have been more than a few days old before I got notified.

All of these stories are making me think that this flight with AirTran will be both my first and last flight with them... (Plus, their seat pitch is one of the smallest in the industry...)

-Rob

Upvote 0

coltow

WOW We are flying Jet Blue and they changed our return flight by 30 minutes earlier and we got and e-mail about it right away and it asked us to go to the web site and make sure that the new time was ok and if not to contact them. That was well over a month ago and we aren't flying hime until 8/20. 30 minutes doesn't effect us any but we were happy that they did that. I do still check once a week to make sure that the outgoing hasn't changed too

Upvote 0

GoofyFan1

JetBlue just did the same to me for October 27. I booked a direct flight to Burlington Vermont that left at 6:30pm and now I'm leaving at 4:00pm and have a layover at JFK.:fork: I haven't been able to get out of JFK on time, EVER.

Upvote 0

Disneykidder

Be careful with using Airtran. I have heard of a few people who have had their flights cancelled. I have heard of others who have had their flights postponed many hours later and missed an entire park day because of. :eek:

Upvote 0

Cubs Brian

My parents flew Air Trans out of O'hare in Jan, supposed to fly to Ft. Lauderdale, at O'hare they were told the flight would land in Miami instead. No reason given. Then for there return trip (supposed to depart Ft Laud originally, then changed to miami) mom called to double check and sure enough they were switched back to Ft. Laud.They'll never fly them again.

Upvote 0
i'm glad i read this. checked my flight for feb 09 and they changed it to a earlier time, just got off the phone with airtran and they move me back to the later flight.

Upvote 0

miles1

Thanks to this forum I became aware of Airtrans stoppage of flights from Newburgh, NY beginning Sept. 3. My wife and I were scheduled to fly from there Nov. 29, 2008. I immediately called Airtran the the rep tried to convince me to fly from Boston or New York. I explained, each of those cities is 3 hours from my home, no thank you. They did give a full refund b and I scheduled JetBlue out of Newburgh.The price is $236 more over Airtrans initial cost. I wasn't a happy man but the thought of my birthday and wedding anniversery at the World takes some of the sting and disappointment away.:brick:

Try checking Jet Blue out of Westchester, New York. It's not much farther than Newburgh for you and we got better prices to Orlando (for July).

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom