Flies. Lots of Flies.

PhotoDave219

Original Poster
Has anyone else noticed an over abundance of black flies everywhere at MK?

I'm inside Pecos Bill right now & there are flies everywhere. They were all around Sleepy Hollow yesterday & all over fantasyland about 10 min ago.

Anyone else noticing?

Disvillain63

Lovebugs.jpg

If you're talking about these...Florida Love Bugs...they're seasonal...late Spring (April/May) and again in late Summer (late August/September). They seem to be attracted to light colors; especially white ... at least the last time we visited in September.

Hulacat

Lovebugs.jpg

If you're talking about these...Florida Love Bugs...they're seasonal...late Spring (April/May) and again in late Summer (late August/September). They seem to be attracted to light colors; especially white ... at least the last time we visited in September.
The good news is that the love bugs don't bite, and they die off quickly. The bad news is that they can "eat" the paint off your car if you let them linger after they are splattered on the car's paint. You can remedy this by misting them with water then wiping them off with bounce(fabric softener) sheets- or just staying inside for all of May and September.

Gomer

I can attest to the black fly problem. And it is a separate problem from the love bugs. They are even starting to infest indoor locations now. I battled ten or so at my table in sunshine seasons this morning an had similar issues in Gaston's yesterday.

Some poor soul left a cookie out on their stroller at the carousel yesterday. Must have been 50 flies swarming it. It looked like something had died there.

Disneyhead'71

I was eating outside at Teak in Metrowest the other day and there were tons of black flies. I blame it on the excessively mild and wet spring we have had. Bring on the 90 degrees.

nepalostparks

I agree, this season has been bad when it comes to the flies, at least in the Orlando area. We were at Magic Kingdom two weekends ago and noticed the same problem all over the park... it was really the first time I can even remember seeing more than a solitary fly or two while in the park.

Love bugs are also out, but I hadn't noticed any up at Disney. Seeing a fair number of them around Tampa, but not to the point of swarms or anything.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom