FLE Opening

I'm shocked that no one has pointed this out yet. June 3rd (2011) was the opening date of the attraction at Disney California Adventure - NOT the Magic Kingdom. The WDW version will not open anywhere even close to the month of June.

Multiple people have already referred to that just a few posts ago...

:shrug:

dman1373

i heard somewhere that the dumbo in its current area is shutting down in the beginning of 2012 and will open back up a couple of weeks later leading people to beleive that the storybook circus will be open in early 2012. Has anyone else heard this. I would love for this to be true and maybe (probably not but maybe) the castles will open by the end of the year.

Scuttle

i heard somewhere that the dumbo in its current area is shutting down in the beginning of 2012 and will open back up a couple of weeks later leading people to beleive that the storybook circus will be open in early 2012. Has anyone else heard this. I would love for this to be true and maybe (probably not but maybe) the castles will open by the end of the year.

Based on the photos I took the other day I highy doubt that SC, or any part of it will be open before March/April. It just doesn't look even close to finished, but who knows. I know that TDO's plan is to only keep Dumbo down for a very short amount of time, but I think if the old Dumbo really goes down early January then I think we are looking at atleast a couple months before SC Dumbo opens. Where's Lee when we need him for an updated timeline?

danlb_2000

Premium Member

The official park calendar says:

"Dumbo the Flying Elephant Closed For Refurbishment [Monday, January 09 - Friday, February 17"

I can't think of any logical reason to close the existing Dumbo, only to re-open it in the exact same spot. This has lead people to believe that the new one would open on the 17th, but as of today that's only 3 months away and Storybook Circus just doesn't look far enough along for that to happen.

Dan

mickeysshoes

Forgive me if this has been talked about somewhere else. I have not been following as I really want it all to me new when I see. I really dont want to know too much but I was wondering when the new resturant will be open..I think its name has something to do with "BEAST" and when will they start taking ADR's?? We will be there for CHristmas 2012 and would love to be able to try it out.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Forgive me if this has been talked about somewhere else. I have not been following as I really want it all to me new when I see. I really dont want to know too much but I was wondering when the new resturant will be open..I think its name has something to do with "BEAST" and when will they start taking ADR's?? We will be there for CHristmas 2012 and would love to be able to try it out.

It's going to be called the "Be Our Guest Restaurant", and will be a counter service resturant for lunch and a table service for dinner. The only date we know of for this area of the expansion is "Fall 2012", so I think it's very likely it will be open when you are there. As for ADRs, they can normally be booked up to 180 days in advance, but I have my doubts that we will have a firm opening date that far ahead, so when ADRs will open for this is anybody's guess.

Dan

Skipper03

The official park calendar says:

"Dumbo the Flying Elephant Closed For Refurbishment [Monday, January 09 - Friday, February 17"

I can't think of any logical reason to close the existing Dumbo, only to re-open it in the exact same spot. This has lead people to believe that the new one would open on the 17th, but as of today that's only 3 months away and Storybook Circus just doesn't look far enough along for that to happen.

Dan

I can confirm that date. I just saw some insider info that re-confirms that date of February 17/18 they plan to open the new dumbo. But think about that, it's literally 3 months from today... does circusland look that close to ready in current pics? Not in my opinion, but the info I'm reviewing says it will. Just Dumbo and Train Station likely...

Nevermind that opinion... a picture of the new ride system was just posted online today! Feb. 18 and a new fleet of Dumbo's will be in the sky!

Scuttle

I can confirm that date. I just saw some insider info that re-confirms that date of February 17/18 they plan to open the new dumbo. But think about that, it's literally 3 months from today... does circusland look that close to ready in current pics? Not in my opinion, but the info I'm reviewing says it will. Just Dumbo and Train Station likely...

Nevermind that opinion... a picture of the new ride system was just posted online today! Feb. 18 and a new fleet of Dumbo's will be in the sky!

Really? Do you have a link? Ok Nevermind! Lol

mickeysshoes

It's going to be called the "Be Our Guest Restaurant", and will be a counter service resturant for lunch and a table service for dinner. The only date we know of for this area of the expansion is "Fall 2012", so I think it's very likely it will be open when you are there. As for ADRs, they can normally be booked up to 180 days in advance, but I have my doubts that we will have a firm opening date that far ahead, so when ADRs will open for this is anybody's guess.

Dan

Thanks very much for the info!!!! :wave:

Murphketeer

Dan

Can't wait to hear when they will open the booking for the new restaurant.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom