FLE Opening

phlip78

Original Poster
I know they just keep saying Fall 2012 for some of the fantasyland expansion. Has Disney narrowed in on any dates for when certain things will be open? I'm going to Disney in October of 2012 and didn't know if I could expect to see any of the new stuff open by then.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I know they just keep saying Fall 2012 for some of the fantasyland expansion. Has Disney narrowed in on any dates for when certain things will be open? I'm going to Disney in October of 2012 and didn't know if I could expect to see any of the new stuff open by then.

No, they have not given any more specific dates. There has been some information that parts of Storybook Circus like 1/2 of the new Dumbo and the re-themed Barnstormer will open early in 2012.

Dan

phlip78

Original Poster
Thanks. I mean it seems like Beauty/Beast and Mermaid are moving along quite quickly so I can't see them not being ready by spring or even summer time but with new snow white ride just breaking ground, that may be the last thing to open.

ob1thx1138

Thanks. I mean it seems like Beauty/Beast and Mermaid are moving along quite quickly so I can't see them not being ready by spring or even summer time but with new snow white ride just breaking ground, that may be the last thing to open.

They do apear to be making a lot of progress but you have to remember that they are not just building a new taco bell. There is a LOT of custom work to be done on the interiors so I would assume that the exteriors will appear to be complete for several months while work is still going on full tilt inside.

Neverland

Circusland should be fully open by October. It's supposed to be done by the end of summer. BatB and Mermaid are still only set to open in 'late 2012', which could mean October, but could also mean November. They do appear to be ahead of schedule (inside as well; Mermaid has vehicles and partial sets now), so I wouldn't say October is too far out of the question.

Admiral01

Premium Member
Did anyone else get the passholder magazine in the mail this week? I thought it indicated that at least part of Circusland would be open early in 2012...like February or something like that.

tl77

Did anyone else get the passholder magazine in the mail this week? I thought it indicated that at least part of Circusland would be open early in 2012...like February or something like that.

I got the "Mickey Monitor" passholder booklet today, there's one page about the FLE Phase 1; Storybook Circus, it's short and a little vague, but here's the interesting stuff in red...

-Fantasyland's fantastic first phase... will literally "take off" in early 2012, when Dumbo inspires a colorful new area of Fantasyland named Storybook Circus

-The first chapter of the new Fantasyland will dazzle Passholders with classic Disney Characters and storytelling. Big-top circus tents lead to the first of "twin" versions of the Dumbo the Flying Elephant attraction, complete with a new, interactive queue experience. (The attraction will eventually feature a second "twin" added in the near future!
)

there are 2 quick descritions of Casey Jr. and the Great Goofini, then it goes on to this quote...

-"This new area is particularly exciting because it will enable us to tell treasured stories in new ways" said Mark Kohl, Director of Project Management, Walt Disney Imagineering. "Guests will have the opportunity to interact with some of our most beloved characters like never before."

-In the largest expansion in Magic Kingdom history, Fantasyland will eventually double in size with intial phases beginning to open throughout this coming year. Be sure to check out disneyparksblog.com to stay up to date

So it doesn't have any set dates but it sounds like a lot of it will be opening in 2012

ob1thx1138

-"This new area is particularly exciting because it will enable us to tell treasured stories in new ways" said Mark Kohl, Director of Project Management, Walt Disney Imagineering. "Guests will have the opportunity to interact with some of our most beloved characters like never before."

So I guess this is possibly a confirmation of more speaking characters or possibly more "Story Time with______" type meet and greets????

This in conjunction with the quote from the Q&A session makes me think that we are not just getting some standard meet and greets.

Reddog

Early 2012 - Half of Storybook Circus with double Dumbo, Great Goofini coaster, Fantasyland Train Station, Casey Jr.

Late 2012 - Under the Sea ~ Journey of the Little Mermaid ride, Be Our Guest restaurant, Beauty and the Beast village, Belle meet-and-greet, Castle wall

Early 2013 - Remaining half of Storybook Circus with Pete’s Silly Sideshow

Late 2013 - Seven Dwarfs Mine Train roller coaster

Murphketeer

Hope things go well and they move up the date with a few surprises.

rambocat1974

The Little Mermaid

Hi all.:wave:

Been reading for a while now and finally decided to take the plunge so please be gentle with me!!!

The video posted on this site titled Ursula Audio Animatronic 'Ariel's Undersea Adventure' states that the ride will be opening on June 3rd!!

Although it could be great news for you, I will miss it by 5 days and Ariel is one of my daughters favourite characters!!!:brick:

MerlinTheGoat

From the outside parts moving along so nicely, do you think that they'll at least open parts of the area just to stroll through? Even if the ride itself isn't complete inside, could we still be able to enjoy the outside before it opens?

Been reading for a while now and finally decided to take the plunge so please be gentle with me!!!

The video posted on this site titled Ursula Audio Animatronic 'Ariel's Undersea Adventure' states that the ride will be opening on June 3rd!!

Although it could be great news for you, I will miss it by 5 days and Ariel is one of my daughters favourite characters!!!:brick:

You're looking at the version over at California Adventure, not the one for Magic Kingdom in Orlando. The CA ride opened on June 3rd (this year). No set date for the Orlando one's opening.

danlb_2000

Premium Member

Do you have a link to this video? It might have been refereing to the Little Mermaid ride in DCA which officially opened on June 3rd, 2011.

Dan

danlb_2000

Premium Member
From the outside parts moving along so nicely, do you think that they'll at least open parts of the area just to stroll through? Even if the ride itself isn't complete inside, could we still be able to enjoy the outside before it opens?

Disney posted a video a couple months ago showing the inside of LM well underway so I think it's more likely that the inside will be finished well before the outside. From the latests pictures there still appears to be a lot of work to do on the facade and queue area, and they don't appear to have even started the water features that will be outside the ride.

Dan

Andy Walker

I've been to WDW around twenty times in October or early November and have often arrived there just as new attractions have been opening. I've always thought they open them then to give them time to iron out glitches before the Christmas season starts. I've just booked for November 2012 so I'm banking on it....

csm

I'm shocked that no one has pointed this out yet. June 3rd (2011) was the opening date of the attraction at Disney California Adventure - NOT the Magic Kingdom. The WDW version will not open anywhere even close to the month of June.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom