FLCM's JUNE 2nd Magic Kingdom Update

FLcastmember

Original Poster
Got Some MK NEWS....

ADVENTURELAND returns to 9am openings for good.

As I reported in a previous post, PotC, MCoA, SFR Treehouse will now return to there 9am opening. Tiki and J.C. will open at 10am.

HOWEVER, I HAVE HEARD THAT JUNGLE WILL OPEN AT 9am for the summer, sometime around the middle of June to the middle of Aug. This is not official, but I have heard it from more then one Jungle Cruise Skippers.

..........................................................................................

Timekeeper reopens for the summer.

June 13 to August 14, TK will be open everyday from 10am to 9pm.

................................................................................................

Liberty Square Changes

A few minor changes in liberty square are coming today and over the next few weeks.

Riverboat Smoking Location to Close on Wed 6/2. This is located to the right of the landing, before you get to the Riverboat exit, on the Haunted Mansion side. The Madame Leota merchandise cart will be moved from the exit of The Haunted Mansion to the former smoking location. This should help with guest flow in this area, and add more stroler parking at the Mansion. The only remaining smoking location in Liberty Square is the one behind the Old Christmas Shop.

IMHO, great idea, that area at the HM exit is to conjested, and that smoking area is to close to such a main artery of the park.

................................................................................................

Heritage House Has a New Merchandice

A new Operating Participant, The Historical Research Center, has has been added to the Heritage House. The employees of the Historical Research Center (HRC) will research family names and Coats of Arms and will reproduce them on site for Guest purchase. HRC will also reproduce hand-crafted family heirlooms in the form of hand painted shields or hand stitched Coats of Arms which can be custom framed upon request.

IMHO, Sounds pretty cool.

.............................................................................................
Portrait Gallery to be moved.

The place next to the Hall of Presidents, located under the white gazebo, the former exterior Queue for HOP, that has been the Gallery where guests can get a painting of themselves, will be moved to Main Street, most likely Center Street. In its place, the outside market, right next door, will be moved under the roof. That market sells Hot Dogs, Baked Potatoes, Fruit, Turkey Legs (seasonaly) ect ect.

..............................................................................................

Share A Dream Come True Parade New Version to open today, Wednesday, June 2

- The former Crystal Castle, (finale float) will be moved up in the lineup, and will now be referred to as the Peter Pan Float.
- Following the Peter Pan Float, the former Princess Float will return to the parade as a single unit float, renamed the Cinderella Float. This float has been modified to feature the Fairy Godmother, Cinderella and Prince Charming.
- The Castle Float will become a permanent part of the parade, serving as the finale of Disney Princes and Princesses.
- In addition, several other performer changes have been made to the parade lineup.

THE SHOW STOPS WILL NOT RETURN AT THIS POINT, however they are still being considered for a posible return somewhere down the line.

...............................................................................................

TESTING SOMETHING NEW

ALL 4 PARKS are offering multi-day stroller and wheelchair rentals. With a multi-day rental, you will avoid any wait times in stroller/wheelchair rental queues on subsequent days. All Guests purchasing a multi-day rental of two or more days will receive a 10% discount off of their total rental price. This test will conclude on Saturday, June 19th. This test does not include ECV's.
...............................................................................................

REHAB UPDATE.

With so many, here is a complet list with dates.

A.E. - OCT 12th 2003 to OCT 1st 2004 (NEW ATTRACTION)

''iasw'' - May 2nd 2003 to May 18th 2004 (CLOSED)

20k - April 19th 2004 to Nov 21st 2004 (WALLED OFF)

Encanted grove - April 18th 2004 to June 11th 2004 (CLOSED)

Sunshine Tree Terace - Reopened

El Pirata - Reopened

Tinks Tresures - May 9th 2004 to June 11th 2004 (STILL OPEN DURING REHAB)

Areils Groto - 2 rehabs....

May 9th 2004 to June 11th 2004 (STILL OPEN DURING REHAB)

Sept 22nd 2004 to Nov 19th 2004 (CLOSED)

Indy Speedway - May 9th 2004 to Aug 8th 2004 (STILL OPEN DURING REHAB)

Auntie Gravities - REOPENED

Merch of Venus - REOPENED

ToonTown Train Station - May 10th 2004 to June 18th 2004 (CLOSED)

Tom Sawer's Island - July 25th 2004 to Sept 25th 2004. (CLOSED)

Aladdin - Sept 13th 2004 to Oct 15th 2004 (CLOSED)

Astro - Jan 2nd 2005 to Feb 16th 2005 (CLOSED)

Dumbo - Jan 10th 2005 to Feb 10th 2005 (CLOSED)

.................................................................................................

TIMES GUIDE FOR THIS WEEK May 30 - June 5

ANIMAL KINGDOM

Kali River Rapids -- 9:30am - Park close
Conservation Station -- 9:30am - Park close
Habitat Habit! -- 9:30am - Park close
Affection Section -- 9:30am - Park close
Wildlife Express Train -- opens daily at 9:30am
Last train departs 10 minutes prior to Park close daily
Kids' Discovery Clubs -- 10am - 4pm daily

Kilimanjaro Safaris
Sunday, Tuesday-Saturday -- 9am - Park close
Monday -- 9am - 7:30pm

Maharajah Jungle Trek
Sunday, Tuesday-Saturday -- 9am - Park close
Monday -- 9am - 7:30pm

DISNEY-MGM STUDIOS

Backlot Tour -- 10am - 8pm daily
Honey, I Shrunk the Kids -- Closed for Refurbishment
The Magic of Disney Animation -- 10am - 1/2 hour prior to Park close daily

EPCOT

Food Rocks -- Closed

Wonders of Life -- Closed

Behind the Seeds Tour -- Closed

Honey, I Shrunk the Audience -- 9am - 9pm daily
Leave a Legacy -- 9am - 9pm daily
Mission: Space -- 9am - 9pm daily
Spaceship Earth -- 9am - 9pm daily
Test Track -- 9am - 9pm daily

MAGIC KINGDOM

Mickey's Toontown Fair -- 10am - Park close

Country Bear Jamboree -- 10am - 9pm

The Enchanted Tiki Room

Sunday -- 10am - 9pm
Monday-Saturday -- 10am - 8pm

The Hall of Presidents -- 10am - 8pm daily

"its a small world" -- Closed for refurbishment

Jungle Cruise -- 10am - Park closing daily

Liberty Square Riverboat
Sunday, Tuesday, Saturday -- 10am - 8pm
Monday, Wednesday-Friday -- 11am - 6pm

The Timekeeper -- Closed

Tom Sawyer Island -- 10am - 7pm daily

Walt Disney World Railroad -- Opens at 9am daily
Sunday -- Last boarding at 11pm
Monday, Wednesday-Friday -- Last boarding at 8pm
Tuesday, Saturday -- Last boarding at 9pm

Aunt Polly's Dockside Inn

Sunday, Tuesday, Saturday -- 11am - 5pm
Monday, Wednesday-Friday -- 11am - 4pm daily

Enchanted Grove -- Closed for refurbishment

DOWNTOWN DISNEY

June 2 -- Adventurers Club opens at 8:30pm
June 4 -- Adventurers Club opens at 9:30pm

RESORTS

June 2004
The Never Land Club atDisney's PolynesianResort will be refurbished May 31 - June 30, 2004. Operations will be moved to the Tangaroa Terrace during this time.

..............................................................................................

THIS WEEK IN WDW DISNEY HISTORY

June 2

1984 -- The Laserphonic Fantasy premieres at the World Showcase Lagoon at Epcot

June 3

1983 -- Bistro de Paris restaurant opens at the France pavilion at Epcot

June 4

1983 -- Epcot Outreach and Epcot Teacher's Center open to Guests

1997 -- Magic Kingdom I ferryboat is renamed Admiral Joe Fowler at the Walt Disney World Resort

June 5

1972 -- If You Had Wings opens at the Magic Kingdom Park

1994 -- The Mickey Mania parade debuts at the Magic Kingdom Park

1999 -- The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh opens at the Magic Kingdom Park

June 6

1975 -- America On Parade begins at the Magic Kingdom Park

Shaman

Great update...the Heritage House New Merchandise sounds very interesting...will it be like the merchandise over at the UK pavilion in Epcot?

General Grizz

Nothing but great news! Yay for Timekeeper and Hall of Presidents! :sohappy:

So can anyone report more specifically how the Peter Pan float affects the dialogue, tracks, etc? I'm a bit confused.

Thanks, sir!

wdwcrazy

Thanks for the updates! So I guess the SDCT parade is a little longer now with the addition of the floats? I'm glad they aren't coming back with the stops, I didn't care forthem that much.

chotasahib

Great post, FLcm. I was wondering about one item from the REHAB section:
''iasw'' - May 2nd 2003 to May 18th 2004 (CLOSED)
Shouldn't that be May 2, 2004 to March 18, 2005? That's what they list at Allearsnet.com.

Thanks for all the information!

Stitchfan712

I sure hope it soft opens by August.

40bb5c882bf74abe.jpg
40bb5e902de670e5.jpg
40bb5eb32df7529d.jpg

ToTBellHop

Originally posted by Stitchfan712
I sure hope it soft opens by August.

Although possible, that may be pushing it. I don't see this attraction have two months of soft opening...I would guess soft openings in late August or early September...most likely after Labor Day.

Stitchfan712

Well, I've booked an entire trip to WDW July 29-August 10 just to see the stitch ride. So, I certainly hope it is open by then.

The interior is just about done. They only have the exterior to do now, my friend inside Disney says that shouldn't take much more than a month to do.

speck76

From a smoker's view (but soon to be a non-smoker) the smoking area by the riverboat landing was not needed. The area behind the Christmas shop is large, is out of the way, is shaded, and is very quiet, not to mention it is a just a few feet from the riverboat landing area. All of the smoking areas on the main paths should be eliminated.

speck76

Well, I've booked an entire trip to WDW July 29-August 10 just to see the stitch ride. So, I certainly hope it is open by then.

The interior is just about done. They only have the exterior to do now, my friend inside Disney says that shouldn't take much more than a month to do.

The interior of the pre-show room did not look even close to being done this last weekend. Also, they need to hire and train staff. It would not make much sense to hire additional staff over the already staffed-up summer, jsut to have to let ppl go for the slower fall. It would probably make more sense to just move ppl into those positions after the summer season is over.

I think you may have planned your trip too early.

Stitchfan712

Well, maybe I'll try to take a 300 dollar penalty and postpone the trip till September. It won't be easy. At all. Are you absolutely certain that it will not be open by August? Not even soft openings?

I'm hearing conflicting stories here.

speck76

Well, maybe I'll try to take a 300 dollar penalty and postpone the trip till September. It won't be easy. At all. Are you absolutely certain that it will not be open by August? Not even soft openings?

I'm hearing conflicting stories here.

Conflict will happen as we all have opinions, but if you look at it logically, it would not make sense to open it at that time. Also, anything Disney has produced has said Fall, which normally means around October 1ish. At the chance that it is in soft opening when you are here, you are still taking a chance on if it will be operating or not.

speck76

Why don't you come with your family in August, and then come back with so friends in the fall, or next spring when Soarin' opens.

Stitchfan712

Originally posted by speck76
Why don't you come with your family in August, and then come back with so friends in the fall, or next spring when Soarin' opens.

Because of finances. We are already doing 4 other trips this year in addition to Florida.

Next year, finances will be at a bare minimum. We'll have just barely enough to get down to Disneyland for the 50th celebration.

The next big trip we can take will be in 2006....and that...we plan...will be in Hawaii. but even if we did florida instead, it still means waiting another 2 years to see Stitch, after missing him by just one month this year.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom