FLCM's JUNE 2nd Magic Kingdom Update

TpaDonaldFan

Originally posted by speck76
From a smoker's view (but soon to be a non-smoker) the smoking area by the riverboat landing was not needed. The area behind the Christmas shop is large, is out of the way, is shaded, and is very quiet, not to mention it is a just a few feet from the riverboat landing area. All of the smoking areas on the main paths should be eliminated.

Good luck Speck I'm down to one a week myself and my gf will be glad we dont have to stop at every smoking area in WDW..

Oh yeah great update too.

speck76

Originally posted by TpaDonaldFan
Good luck Speck I'm down to one a week myself and my gf will be glad we dont have to stop at every smoking area in WDW..

Oh yeah great update too.

Thanks. I have been a pack-a-day smoker since I was in college. I quit a few years ago for almost 2 years, but started back up when the stress of my job got the best of me. Recently, the pack-a-day has increased to a packand a half per day, and that is not good. I wish I could be an occasional smoke, but it is not in my nature to do anything half-@ssed.:D

tigger248

Originally posted by Stitchfan712
Well, maybe I'll try to take a 300 dollar penalty and postpone the trip till September. It won't be easy. At all. Are you absolutely certain that it will not be open by August? Not even soft openings?

I'm hearing conflicting stories here.

No one can be absolutely certain when it will be open. Whenever you go, you will be taking a chance with planning. I had been hoping it will be open by November, since after July that will be my next trip. If I somehow miss it, I know I'll see it eventually. But anyways, I wouldn't plan on something being open early. When I went in 1997, we wanted to be there in time for when test track opened. Due to construction delays, we missed it by less than a month. Disney is notorious for things opening behind schedule and having delayed construction.

speck76

Originally posted by tigger248
When I went in 1997, we wanted to be there in time for when test track opened. Due to construction delays, we missed it by less than a month. Disney is notorious for things opening behind schedule and having delayed construction.

Test Track was due open in 1997, but did not open until 1999 because of delays. Test track was new technology, and if the technology failed, people could get very hurt...SGE really is not new technology, and is not going to fly off the track at 65mph.:D

GenerationX

As always, thanks for the update, FLcastmember! I'll be interested to hear how well the multi-day stroller rentals sell. Ever since another poster (Dwarful, I think) had this idea a long time ago, I've wanted to see it implemented.

I'm all for anything that will save me another line. :D

tigger248

Test track still opened later than planned which was my point. I live over a thousand miles away so I may have been wrong on when they opened. I do know that they were already in testing stages in August of 1997 because we did hear it testing when we were there. Another example would be Pop Century, which opened really late. It didn't involve any technology, so maybe it's a better example. The point I was making was that very rarely do things open early in Disney. Rides are usually more likely to open late than early.

TURKEY

Another example would be Pop Century, which opened really late. It didn't involve any technology, so maybe it's a better example. The point I was making was that very rarely do things open early in Disney. Rides are usually more likely to open late than early.

Pop Century could have opened on time, or close to on time. It wasn't due to any structural problems.

Pop Century was delayed in opening due to the events of Sept. 11 and the steep dropoff in tourism and the economy.

It's been a fast six months that's been extremely busy for the resort.

speck76

Test track still opened later than planned which was my point. I live over a thousand miles away so I may have been wrong on when they opened. I do know that they were already in testing stages in August of 1997 because we did hear it testing when we were there. Another example would be Pop Century, which opened really late. It didn't involve any technology, so maybe it's a better example. The point I was making was that very rarely do things open early in Disney. Rides are usually more likely to open late than early.

testing lasted almost two years, as the ride had many issues, including tire durability and whatnot...both Test Track and Pop Century are special circumstances....most rides open more or less on time, but you are right, you should not plan your trip around a ride opening, let alone a possible soft opening.

kanepresten

Originally posted by disneyphilip
Actually, I've heard that the Share a Dream Come True Parade is going to go back to doing the show stops on June 7th.

The rumor u heard was the original start date for the new version of the parade... that included show stops... the decision was made that show stops were not ready, delaying that part of teh parade, but the rest of teh parade was ready, making it possible to debut the new version of teh parade sooner... show stops are still being worked on, expect them back b4 the end of teh summer.

talonstruck

20k Lagoon

I thought the 20k lagoon was to be filled in? why do they have an opening date from a rehab if it not to be filled in?:hammer:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom