FLASHmountain

mr snrub

te fact taht people (dumb people) find enjoyment out of doing that kind of stuff at a place taht is mostly made up of kids and families is sickening.

GrumpysGal

Originally posted by mr snrub
te fact taht people (dumb people) find enjoyment out of doing that kind of stuff at a place taht is mostly made up of kids and families is sickening.

Couldn't agree more!!

stale32441

come people lighten up its not as big deal as most of make it out to be. Why are we so shocked? Its harmelss fun for someone to flash a camera, unless your frightened by the human body. just explain to your kids what happend and why. no big deal.
so just relax, nothing serious and we can all go back to singing the opening theme of Fantasmic.(in our head of course):)

bearboysnc

Re: up tight?

Originally posted by civileng68
I just know how hard my parents worked to bring me up right and I know how hard I will work to bring mine up right. It takes alot of work to make it right and hardly any work at all to destroy all of the work you have done. That's why I find it offensive. Sure it may look like no big deal to someone who is older with no kids or not married but, it's not fair to those trying to raise their kids the right way.

Seeing breast isn't going to undo any "moral" upbringing you teach your child. Over protecting your child will do far greater damage. SOMEWHERE, SOMEDAY they're going to see a naked body. You should be preparing them for that, and when it's appropriate.

I have a much bigger problem with news agencies posting pictures of mutilated bodies of Iraqi leaders. Children don't need to see what our country does to people we don't like.

BTW I am a parent. Start early, pick your battles with your children wisely. Because they're gunna do EXACTLY what you don't want them to. The way other people choose to live their lives isn't a battle you're going to win.

Terp02

(Wakes up out of the lack-of-posting hibernation)

I just wanted to make a simple point, and I think it might have been mentioned before but I glanced through some posts. I perfectly understand what people are saying, but you know this type of stuff isn't going to harm anyone. I know that parents are trying to protect their little ones from "offensive" stuff like curses, ography, drugs, etc. But what's wrong with just explaining situations when they occur instead of shielding them. Shielding them will probably make them more intrigued by the situation or offensive item.

I am 20 years old, and a lot of stuff, most specifically $ex and related subjects, I learned about on my own. And maybe because my parents never sat me down at a young age to talk about the subject, I know feel embarassed to talk about even having a girlfriend with them. Maybe it's just me and I'm weird, but here's my point: Kids are going to learn about stuff whether you like it or not, and now with the internet, they'll learn about it at a younger age. The question you have to ask is, as a parent, do you want your kids to learn about it from the internet and/or their friend or from you?

As for the site, I've been to it. It's not nearly as offensive as most of the sites that are out there. It's just some jerks having what they see as a good time. If you're offended by it, I can't your views, but personally I find flashing on a ride less offensive than seeing kids get yelled at and hit by their parents, smoking in line, poor hygiene, or annoying people who cut lines, but that's just me. I hope I haven't ticked anyone off, because that's not what I'm after, just expressing my POV.

Rock on. (sorry for being incoherrent at points)

civileng68

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Re: Re: up tight?

Originally posted by bearboysnc
Seeing breast isn't going to undo any "moral" upbringing you teach your child. Over protecting your child will do far greater damage. SOMEWHERE, SOMEDAY they're going to see a naked body. You should be preparing them for that, and when it's appropriate.

I have a much bigger problem with news agencies posting pictures of mutilated bodies of Iraqi leaders. Children don't need to see what our country does to people we don't like.

BTW I am a parent. Start early, pick your battles wisely. The way other people choose to live their lives isn't a battle you can win.

Im not picking your battle. The way you choose to raise your children is your way. I don't want to change your way but, in the same respect, many if not most people do not want to expose thier YOUNG children to that sort of thing.

Also, the site is considered ographic material. Personally I dont want my childrent at a "ographic" site and accept it with the premise of "it's just a body part".

MouseMadness

*sticks toe in thread*

Well, I don't think not wanting your kids to see a flasher at WDW has anything to do with being uptight or embarrassed by the human body. For me, it would be more a matter of the propriety of the situation... or lack of it. My kids know what a nude body looks like, that it just is what it is, but I would also like for them to know there is a certain way to behave when in a public place. If my children were to see this (and yes, I know the likelyhood is very, very small) I'd probably let them see me roll my eyes and say something about the intelligence of the person doing it. Hopefully people will figure out that Disney world and Mardi Gras do not have the same atmosphere. If you're going to expose yourself, at least get a string of beads for it! ;)

civileng68

Account Suspended
Original Poster
site

Originally posted by bearboysnc
uh............... is this discussion about a site or about flashing?

Actually this post is about both but, main relating to the site.

FlashMountain is the site which is what I am talking about.

The act though is what I am talking about and how it is put into the site.

I agree with the last poster, it's not just the naked body, it's the action.

Let's be honest, most men will react differently to a nude woman who is classy as to a "Girl's Gone Wild" girl, and yet, they're the same thing. that's what I'm talking about.

If you're a married man, ask your wife which she despises more, a nake woman with class or a Girls Gone Wild Girl? She will despise both but Super despise the GGW girl. How do I know? Because my wife gets disgusted and mad every time the commercial comes on.

so it's really about the site and the act. I just don't think either is appropriate for Disney. Hey if they want to do it at Mardi Gras, go ahead, but I won't worry because my family won't be there. keep it away from Disney.

Natelox

Flashing is out of place at WDW, But, the only reason it is out of place is because of our (as north americans) 21century mindset. In some places (such as Vatican City), you can't enter a church with legs or shouldures showing. Really, are a part of a body, and when we go to a zoo and see an animal breast feeding or we see an animals 'private parts', we don't say ewww, we just accpecpt it. Basically, its a body part which one half the world has and which the other half will see one day (wether in a movie or otherwise). Nudity and ography are different. You can open up a copy of National Geographic and see some african women's and that isn't considered bad. It's just life. I'm wearing a shirt sleeved shirt right now, oh no, we better filter that one out, i was born with it!!!

Maria

I had seen this website before and the thing about Splash Mountain is that the majority of the women flashing, are not even good looking ones! :hurl:

I agree, it´s not appropriate when they are not alone in their log and there are kids in it who would have probably liked their picture. If they are in a group of friends or alone in their own log and they want to get the picture as a fun, wild, tasteless moment, I wouldn´t care too much... it´s their life exposed; but I think it is even worse taste doing it when you have strangers (and kids) in the same log.

JTFerret

Originally posted by Maria
"I had seen this website before and the thing about Splash Mountain is that the majority of the women flashing, are not even good looking ones!" :hurl:

Now, now Maria. Remember, beauty is in the eye of the beerholder!!!:animwink:

Erika

Originally posted by Maria
I had seen this website before and the thing about Splash Mountain is that the majority of the women flashing, are not even good looking ones! :hurl:

I agree, it´s not appropriate when they are not alone in their log and there are kids in it who would have probably liked their picture. If they are in a group of friends or alone in their own log and they want to get the picture as a fun, wild, tasteless moment, I wouldn´t care too much... it´s their life exposed; but I think it is even worse taste doing it when you have strangers (and kids) in the same log.

Thanks, Maria- that's a huge part of the point- those poor kids are getting cheated out of seeing their pictures :mad: I always notice how excited they are at the end of the rides to find themselves. Even if Mom and Dad don't buy them, they still get a kick out of seeing them.

westie

I guess I'm the only one who finds it amusing. Clearly wouldn't show it to the kids or ask the wife to do it but, there is something really funny about seeing the ultimate look of joy on that kids face and right behind him is...

Side note, the CM @ FM err SM yelled at me for just mentioning it as we viewed our oppriate family orriented photo. I probably deserved it.:hammer:

And Maria was right, they're really 'B' class models...

foxfire

I just don't see the point in it. I'm not uptight or anything, I'm sure a lot of people have, in their day, gone skinny-dipping and such. Granted, "ruining" a Splash Mtn. picture is totally different, and yeah, if kids are on the ride, it makes it even worse.

guwag

Originally posted by Wilt Dasney
On another issue: I wonder what some of our British posters think of this. With attitudes toward "exposure" being different there, would this even make a blip on your radar screens? I'd be interested in your opinions.

I'm British and wouldn't be phased by it at all, I personally don't have problems with public nudity - A breast (or pair thereof :) ) is just a part of the human body, no biggie at all. IMHO nudity is all about how you percieve it i.e. it's only sexual if you wish to think of it that way.

Obviously certain areas of the body (like ladies intimate parts or male parts at certain times) aren't for public display, I would draw the limit there because something like that can't be viewed as anything other than overtly sexual. IMHO If, in the bringing up of a child, you acknowledge that certain parts of the body do exist then you help remove the overtly sexual aspect - just look at some african tribes, the women walk around with exposed, you don't seeing the men walking around aroused because they're used to seeing it.
And I'm not just saying this because I'm straight so desire to see because I'm not straight.

Lots of people don't understand that nudity doesn't have to be sexual and I feel sorry if people feel that way - the human body is an amazing piece of work whether it was created by some superior being or it evolved naturally.

Just my 2 Cents :)

P.S. I posted this before I read your post Natelox, didn't mean to copy :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom