Flamingo Crossing Retail Center

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Tuesday, June 25, 2019. Major construction has been progressing for a couple of months on the most northern edge of the retail space planned at Flamingo Crossings. This construction is on the north side of the perimeter road, west of Flamingo Crossings Blvd. (In the purple area on the map on page 1.) Nothing south of this perimeter road has been started yet. This area is about 1/2 mile from the two existing Marriott hotels on Flamingo Crossings Blvd.

The views are looking north.

IMG_1499.JPG

IMG_1500.JPG

Brian

Photo update as of Tuesday, June 25, 2019. Major construction has been progressing for a couple of months on the most northern edge of the retail space planned at Flamingo Crossings. This construction is on the north side of the perimeter road, west of Flamingo Crossings Blvd. (In the purple area on the map on page 1.) Nothing south of this perimeter road has been started yet. This area is about 1/2 mile from the two existing Marriott hotels on Flamingo Crossings Blvd.

The views are looking north.

View attachment 383988

View attachment 383989

Great, more traffic.

raymusiccity

Will this area have a backstory?
Yes.....'"This was once a cattle farm, and now we're building some strip shopping centers. Can't think of anything else to do with it. Someone said a Flamingo lived here a long time ago...... research points to 1967". :happy:

WDWFanatic

So looks like we are getting a Target on this site according to the D23 expo. Im sure they are already looking into it but they should start pulling all the businesses from the crossroads over here since that area I assume is still going to go away.

SKG

Not too familiar with that area. Always enter WDW from the east. Is there enough traffic and homes on that side to warrant a giant shopping development? Seems pretty isolated over there.

skelm

Not too familiar with that area. Always enter WDW from the east. Is there enough traffic and homes on that side to warrant a giant shopping development? Seems pretty isolated over there.

I live off Avalon Rd about a mile from Western Way. This area is growing really fast. Probably a few thousand more houses coming in the next few years.

tissandtully

I live off Avalon Rd about a mile from Western Way. This area is growing really fast. Probably a few thousand more houses coming in the next few years.
I'm definitely gonna miss the wide open land and serenity of it all in that area. Also, not looking forward to the traffic.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom