Flamingo Crossing Hotels

TTA94

The Target on 192 is closer to and easier to access from the residential areas

For me 192 would not be closer. Slightly off subject but the New Independence area could use a Target as well. Right now it’s just Walmart and Publix. They are building new things in that area so hopefully a Target is in the plans. But, of course this new Target on Flamingo Crossing is not being built to please the residents in the area lol.

Joesixtoe

I did stay at Homewood suites this past weekend. Very nice looking hotels there for a 3 star. Besides the screeching of the chairs above you, it was a nice stay.

castlecake2.0

Because just like Crossroads they're likely going to de-annex it to the County once it's built out (if it hasn't already been, haven't looked too closely at the tax status for the lots). This isn't meant to serve WDW Resort guests, it's meant to serve the CPs and the Good Neighbor hotels.
So far it looks like they may sell some of the lots but maintain control of the roadways and the surrounding “buffer” area. I would think they’d be cautious of how this area develops and not want to give up total control.

I did stay at Homewood suites this past weekend. Very nice looking hotels there for a 3 star. Besides the screeching of the chairs above you, it was a nice stay.
I was thinking about that location. I'm a bit stuck between Homewood suites and Disney Springs Doubletree. I like the newness of Homewood suites, but I'm without a car and going to Homewood would make me 100% dependent on Uber. (Car rentals look crazy expensive for a while.) Also, I'm assuming that there's a relatively good chance that Fastpass and such may return, making the benefits of Doubletree attractive.

Anyway... any thoughts based on your experience? I'm finding Homewood tempting...

TTA94

Off topic but what is being built on 192 next to Texas Roadhouse by Target that is exposing AKL? I don’t think that would be Disney related, yet I’m surprised they are allowing AKL to be exposed like that. Then again, they don’t care about that kind of stuff now a days 🙄.

castlecake2.0

Off topic but what is being built on 192 next to Texas Roadhouse by Target that is exposing AKL? I don’t think that would be Disney related, yet I’m surprised they are allowing AKL to be exposed like that. Then again, they don’t care about that kind of stuff now a days 🙄.
If it’s not their land they don’t really have much control over that. It’s going to be a shopping plaza. I’m assuming/hoping they’ll add a berm in that area now that it’s needed.

DCBaker

Premium Member

See here (view attachment or go to that thread) -

This is what is going in that spot - the yellow boxes are residential units.

View attachment 546869

lazyboy97o

If it’s not their land they don’t really have much control over that. It’s going to be a shopping plaza. I’m assuming/hoping they’ll add a berm in that area now that it’s needed.
Once it’s all built and landscaped DAK lodges should still feel pretty secluded. It’s just jarring right now because it’s a flat field.
The published site plan shows no landscaping. There is a small strip of grass but otherwise the parking lots and roads go right up to the property line for almost its entire perimeter, including at the apartments closest to the Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge.

maxairmike

So far it looks like they may sell some of the lots but maintain control of the roadways and the surrounding “buffer” area. I would think they’d be cautious of how this area develops and not want to give up total control.

Yeah they'll obviously keep the roadways (and landscaped common areas) and any land that isn't developed, but any land developed will be almost certainly be de-annexed once development is finished.

castlecake2.0

The published site plan shows no landscaping. There is a small strip of grass but otherwise the parking lots and roads go right up to the property line for almost its entire perimeter, including at the apartments closest to the Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge.
I meant on Disney’s side. I’m assuming hoping they install a berm in this area.
1C2D9CBE-2C4F-42C6-BCE9-5B6B1D2D6D0D.jpeg

castlecake2.0

Yeah they'll obviously keep the roadways (and landscaped common areas) and any land that isn't developed, but any land developed will be almost certainly be de-annexed once development is finished.
I agree, I just meant the area surrounding the development probably going to remain a buffer area (in purple)
12662365-F0A0-4BC9-A01C-A3341ABE1159.png
12662365-F0A0-4BC9-A01C-A3341ABE1159.png

lazyboy97o

I meant on Disney’s side. I’m assuming hoping they install a berm in this area.View attachment 560070
Disney is pretty much not allowed to build a traditional berm in this area. You are not allowed to modify your site so that storm water flows onto others’ property. Any berm would likely have to be single sided with a retaining wall along the property line. The distance between the roads and property line also get tight right there at the corner closest to the Lodge, about 25 feet. So this would be a rather intense construction project. It’d be a lot easier if they acquired the property in between (the L shaped patch of dirt is a separate lot), but that too wouldn’t be cheap.

the.dreamfinder

Disney is pretty much not allowed to build a traditional berm in this area. You are not allowed to modify your site so that storm water flows onto others’ property. Any berm would likely have to be single sided with a retaining wall along the property line. The distance between the roads and property line also get tight right there at the corner closest to the Lodge, about 25 feet. So this would be a rather intense construction project. It’d be a lot easier if they acquired the property in between (the L shaped patch of dirt is a separate lot), but that too wouldn’t be cheap.
I think they can afford it and the whole development, but they should have bought the land well before the developer began prepping the land.

castlecake2.0

Curious to see what they’ll do, hopefully more than nothing like the backside of rat

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom