Flamingo Crossing Hotels

Big C 73

Long-term planning certainly is not present in this situation. Personally I believe this is a waste and misuse of the property, unfortunately it is not the first time this situation has arised.

gdrj

Long-term planning certainly is not present in this situation. Personally I believe this is a waste and misuse of the property, unfortunately it is not the first time this situation has arised.

Misuse of property? As far as long term planning, not sure if that is accurate or not either. Might be true as far as what you think but not Disney or the developer.

Also in regards to what some are suggesting about a 5th park, its day dreaming which is fine. This small piece of development has no impact on that. There are so many reasons that a 5th park is nowhere in the plans for the forseeable future.

BrerJon

Free Breakfast! So what if its just a Bran muffin, a bowl of corn flakes and a piece of fruit. You stay at a WDW delux and you get zippo for $400 a night!:jawdrop:o_O:mad:

edit: yes I know....EMH....and the magical bus ride to the park..

It's amazing how many people don't realise that they can stay in Deluxe quality hotels, with included buffet breakfasts, get a private chauffeur (well, Uber) to the parks in far less time than the buses, and buy an extra day or two on their ticket to make up for the EMH's they probably won't even use, and they'll spend far less than even a Disney Moderate, let alone Deluxe prices, with change to spare.

I know there isn't the 'magic', but I'm pretty sure the $200 saving would feel quite magical, or at least could be spent on something to give as much of a comforting feeling as being able to see a giraffe from the hotel window. Heck, save that money for a few nights in a row and you could probably just buy the giraffe.

Worldlover71

It's amazing how many people don't realise that they can stay in Deluxe quality hotels, with included buffet breakfasts, get a private chauffeur (well, Uber) to the parks in far less time than the buses, and buy an extra day or two on their ticket to make up for the EMH's they probably won't even use, and they'll spend far less than even a Disney Moderate, let alone Deluxe prices, with change to spare.

I know there isn't the 'magic', but I'm pretty sure the $200 saving would feel quite magical, or at least could be spent on something to give as much of a comforting feeling as being able to see a giraffe from the hotel window. Heck, save that money for a few nights in a row and you could probably just buy the giraffe.

Everyone has their own opinion on this matter. For many years we stayed off property because the difference in price just didn't make sense to us. Then we got a good deal and tried staying on property and now it would be hard for us to go off-site again. What you are saying is absolutely true but my enjoyment of the on-site feeling, though intangible, makes up for the difference in price for us (though I would still love free breakfast!)

Goofyernmost

Everyone has their own opinion on this matter. For many years we stayed off property because the difference in price just didn't make sense to us. Then we got a good deal and tried staying on property and now it would be hard for us to go off-site again. What you are saying is absolutely true but my enjoyment of the on-site feeling, though intangible, makes up for the difference in price for us (though I would still love free breakfast!)
Everyone is different. I stayed offsite for years and tried it once. I couldn't wait to leave. I will not ever go back onsite again. The return on investment just isn't there. I'd rather go home with hundreds of dollars still in my pocket then to have all the five foot tall mice roaming the hallways while I am unconsciously asleep. Just not worth it, in my mind. To others like yourself it is different and I guess that is good. It keeps the prices offsite down and it keeps WDW in the black, so we are all winners.

Last edited:

willtravel

The cost for a week at the end of October for either hotel w/AAA discount is not bad, plus free parking. The only thing I am not seeing is resort fee. The $5.00 per day for shuttle.. :(

Mkcoastie

Everyone is different. I stayed offsite for years and tried it once. I couldn't wait to leave. I will not ever go back onsite again. The return on investment just isn't there. I'd rather go home with hundreds of dollars still in my pocket then to have all the five foot tall mice roaming that hallways while I am unconsciously asleep. Just not worth it, in my mind. To others like yourself it is different and I guess that is good. It keeps the prices offsite down and it keeps WDW in the black, so we are all winners.

This is why I have always disliked the argument that it's cheaper off-property and therefore it's ridiculous to stay on-property. It's certainly true that I can save a lot of money by staying at a deluxe equivalent hotel off-site......but I can save even more money by skipping on Disney all together and going to my local theme park. Despite this I drive across the country to visit WDW. I do this because Disney offers a very different experience that I have personally decided is worth the extra cost over my local theme park. It's the same thing with on-site resorts for me. The "magic," which is simply another way of saying "the experience" is worth the extra cost for me. It's a themed environment that is an extention to the parks for me. That's not the case with everyone, but I don't think anyone is being "dupped" by staying on property.

Goofyernmost

This is why I have always disliked the argument that it's cheaper off-property and therefore it's ridiculous to stay on-property. It's certainly true that I can save a lot of money by staying at a deluxe equivalent hotel off-site......but I can save even more money by skipping on Disney all together and going to my local theme park. Despite this I drive across the country to visit WDW. I do this because Disney offers a very different experience that I have personally decided is worth the extra cost over my local theme park. It's the same thing with on-site resorts for me. The "magic," which is simply another way of saying "the experience" is worth the extra cost for me. It's a themed environment that is an extention to the parks for me. That's not the case with everyone, but I don't think anyone is being "dupped" by staying on property.
Never said that they were duped. It is a matter of personal preference. I, personally, do not see any return on that investment. I don't like the eating experiences for a number of reasons. Two of which are 1) the need to decide in January what I want to eat in June and 2) the outrageous, in my mind, cost of a less then 5 star meal. The few times I have eaten at a sit down location I have always left disappointed (and broke).

My personal enjoyment comes from the parks, not from overpriced and under perked hotels and don't give a hoot about the theme. I use them to rest my tired bones and that is all. I get the same enjoyment from the parks as anyone that has spend 4 to 6 hundred a night for a place to rest their heads. Again personal preference. I am a child of the 60's and I need my car and I need my freedom of movement not encumbered by someone elses schedules. Again personal.

For those that don't feel that way... well I am assuming that they can afford the extra cost. What bothers me the most is the numbers of people that I have known that have not gone to WDW because they feel that they cannot afford it. In their case, if staying onsite were the only way, then they were correct... they cannot afford it. However, I will continue to remain an advocate trying to let them know that there are options and those options do not have to rob anyone from a wonderful experience. My best memories of WDW where when we stayed in Econo-Lodges for $25.00 per night. There is no reason to deprive oneself of the enjoyment of the parks because of some imagined need to immerse. It just isn't necessary for everyone.

And yes, you can save money even if you stay at higher rated hotels, but, for their purpose, high rated hotels are not the part of the experience that I and many others are seeking. To us hotels are a home base. We use them to branch out to what we really are there to do. Be that WDW, Uni, SeaWorld or the thousands of other places and activities that are part of Central Florida. The most inexpensive hotels of "decent" quality have rooms that are bigger, pools, many have free breakfasts and are within walking distance to quality restaurants that can be just walked into as well, with no reservations required. That to me is far more satisfying then never leaving the bubble. I enjoy being outside the bubble as well as the brief time of being in it.

Big C 73

Misuse of property? As far as long term planning, not sure if that is accurate or not either. Might be true as far as what you think but not Disney or the developer.

Also in regards to what some are suggesting about a 5th park, its day dreaming which is fine. This small piece of development has no impact on that. There are so many reasons that a 5th park is nowhere in the plans for the forseeable future.

My perspective is that the land could be utilized strategically for the benefit of Walt Disney Productions or singularly the RCID. In a theoretical sense, the placement of an independently operated agricultural area for the facilities on the property or innovative usage (small community, technology utilized in agricultural techniques). My personal comprehension of the original intent of the Walt Disney Company for the Flordia property far surpasses that of a homogeneous hotel placement or hints of urban sprawl. The exhibition of innovative forms throughout all components of the infrastructure is most vital. The establishment of a harmonious whole of man and nature, where each may correspond, each on prominent display. I find it would be inadequate to further this thesis any further here, as it is an extensive subject that would proposition the obstruction of the discussion within.

A full agreement is granted with your perception upon the proposal of a fifth theme park. Any notion of favor toward the proposal of a fifth theme park is not intended. It is undeniably afar in any realm of time for a new development of the sort. This particular parcel of land would most certainly not be utilized for such, nor could it appropriately sustain such.

emcclay

My parents had a fantastic experience at Towneplace Suites in South Carolina. They said there were people actually cooking breakfast. The room they had looked beautiful. It was also pet-friendly, not sure if the ones in Flamingo Crossing are. But, they could provide a nice alternative instead of dropping off pets at doggy day care. I'm hoping this area becomes more developed as it would be super convenient for myself and other CM's to make quick stops at the store after a long day at The Mouse.

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Thursday, Feb. 25. While the hotels are open, there are still construction details being taken care of. Not every amenity is available yet, but will be soon. (Not sure why I did this....it's not even a Disney property.)

IMG_7435.JPG

The two hotels share the pool, which has ample seating areas on both sides. Guests of one hotel are not able to enter the lobby or dining facilities at the other hotel, as all doors from the pool area are key fob entry. The large fitness center is in the background.

IMG_7438.JPG

Between the two hotels at the pool is this yet unfinished interior space on the left, behind the plywood panels. (Snack bar? Recreation?)

IMG_7437.JPG

The one hot tub is in the background, behind the red barrier ribbon. The fitness center is in the right background.

IMG_7441.JPG

To the left of the fitness center are self-service, gas barbeque grills.

IMG_7442.JPG

Lobby of the Towneplace Suites.

IMG_7445.JPG

Breakfast area for the SpringHill Suites hotel.

IMG_7439.JPG

Bar for the SpringHill Suites hotel.

IMG_7440.JPG

Bar for the Townplace Suites.

IMG_7444.JPG

In keeping with the sports marketing, beyond the parking lot in front of the Towneplace Suites hotel is this shelter with gas barbeque grills, and two batting cages.

IMG_7434.JPG

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom