Flametree BBQ Closed in August

WVParkfan

Original Poster
Found out that Flametree BBQ will be closed during our visit in August. We're huge AK fans, so we'll be able to find something else to eat. However, I do enjoy their ribs.

Has anyone tried the ribs at the Fairfax Fare at DHS? I would presume that it would be the same as Flametree (being Disney and all). If so, then we'll have to make a stop over there for lunch.

disneycouple07

Found out that Flametree BBQ will be closed during our visit in August. We're huge AK fans, so we'll be able to find something else to eat. However, I do enjoy their ribs.

Has anyone tried the ribs at the Fairfax Fare at DHS? I would presume that it would be the same as Flametree (being Disney and all). If so, then we'll have to make a stop over there for lunch.

Can you recommend another counter service within AK? Flame Tree was our favorite and I'm really disappointed it will be closed during our visit.

WVParkfan

Original Poster
Tamu Tamu in Africa has a Cheeseburger Basket, Turkey and Swiss on Focaccia, and a very good Tuna Salad Pita.

Not a big fan of Pizzafari (because Disney pizza is horrid), but they do have a good chicken Caesar Salad.

Haven't had the Yak and Yeti Counter Service yet, but hear good things. You've also got the Rainforest Cafe', or you can take advantage of the Picnic in the Park.

I think we're going to try the picnic this year. Something different.

spencer75

I agree, we have had pizza at Pizzafari and it was not nice. As we are on the DDP, we have chosen to eat lunch at Yak and Yeti for our table meal and will go to another park in the evening for our counter meal. We always eat at Flame tree BBQ for counter service. We really enjoyed Yak and Yetis food last year.

wdwmemories

Flame Tree is one of my favorite quick service in all of The World. The ribs are great - and IMHO a really reasonable price. So much better that the typical burger, chicken fingers, or fries. Ribs = Yum! :slurp:

My second choice at AK would be the Yak & Yeti. They have wonderful crispy honey chicken and pork egg rolls. Yum! :slurp:

disneycouple07

Flame Tree is one of my favorite quick service in all of The World. The ribs are great - and IMHO a really reasonable price. So much better that the typical burger, chicken fingers, or fries. Ribs = Yum! :slurp:

My second choice at AK would be the Yak & Yeti. They have wonderful crispy honey chicken and pork egg rolls. Yum! :slurp:

Isn't Yak & Yeti a table service? I have too many TS booked already, if I book anymore I would need to upgrade the next dining plan.

Llamaface

Isn't Yak & Yeti a table service? I have too many TS booked already, if I book anymore I would need to upgrade the next dining plan.

Yak and Yeti has both a table service and counter sevice option.

I have table service booked at Yak and Yeti and was looking to do Flame Tree for my counter service that day. Now I need another plan.

disneycouple07

Yak and Yeti has both a table service and counter sevice option.

I have table service booked at Yak and Yeti and was looking to do Flame Tree for my counter service that day. Now I need another plan.

I know, I was counting on having lunch at FTB. I have no idea where we'll eat. We get tired of the same hamburgers, sandwiches, chicken nuggets. I'm going to have to check the counter service menu out.

JillC LI

Haven't tried the ribs at Fairfax Fare, but I love the ribs at Cosmic Rays in the MK. :slurp:

Crazy4WDW1

Any news on Picnic in the Park at DAK? I heard it is now "seasonal". It doesn't look like the chicken is available any longer. It was soooooo good.

WVParkfan

Original Poster
Farefax ribs are horrible in comparison to Flame Tree

Darn. Thanks for your honest response. It will save me some time and some money!

Haven't tried the ribs at Fairfax Fare, but I love the ribs at Cosmic Rays in the MK.

Never had the ribs at Cosmic Ray's. Since it looks like Farefax isn't as good, then I'll have to try them at Cosmic Ray's. Thanks for the suggestion!

Korfar

Yak & Yeti quick service was outstanding last year when we had it. We liked it so much we are trying the table service this year. It is my new favorite over Flame tree. I still like Flame Tree but Y&Y took over the top spot for me.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom