Flame Tree or Tusker House?

Bocko57

Original Poster
I am trying to decide between these 2 restaurants for lunch, Flame Tree or Tusker House. I haven't eaten at either restaurant. There is 4 of us, myself, DW, DD age 14 and DS age 11. I like Chararcter theme at Tusker House but I am not sure of the variety of food that will be offered. I like the Flame Tree for the more traditional foods offered and lower price than Tusker House.

What do the WDW masterminds suggest?

Thanks.

Zman-ks

I would vote Tusker House myself.
75.gif

mbtohill

We are BIG fans of Tusker House. We go every year for lunch and my DD's now 12 & 10 have always loved the choices and variety. Plenty for everyone, from pork to chicken to beef, couscous, mashed potatoes, great green beans, lots of breads, and delicious deserts.

dvcnut

They are both fantastic! We normally eat at FT for lunch since it is in a relaxing environment and you get a ton of delicious food for the money (or as a QS meal). I've only been to TH for breakfast. As a TS restaurant it would cost more, but it is out of the elements, has great food, and is a character meal.

It's a toss up! It all depends on your budget and whether it matters to you if there are characters or not.

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
I am trying to decide between these 2 restaurants for lunch, Flame Tree or Tusker House. I haven't eaten at either restaurant. There is 4 of us, myself, DW, DD age 14 and DS age 11. I like Chararcter theme at Tusker House but I am not sure of the variety of food that will be offered. I like the Flame Tree for the more traditional foods offered and lower price than Tusker House.

What do the WDW masterminds suggest?

Thanks.

We at at 11 a.m. at Tusker House - was hoping for breakfast but ended up with lunch menu. But b/c of the time, left over breakfast was still available. Thank goodness b/c the buffet offerings were not very much to my liking. Some was okay and good but most, not my thing. But breakfast was good. So I would choose Tusker with the caveat to go at breakfast. My personal fave, Yak and Yeti. :)

Bocko57

Original Poster
Thanks for everyone's suggestions and inputs. I am leaning towards FT but those of you that selected TH I am still thinking about keeping my reservation. I still have a few more days to ponder my choice. Thanks Again.

taz0162

Tusker House - get the early breakfast that starts an hour before the park officially opens. The food is excellent and by the time you are done you can walk right onto the Safari Ride or even Everest. Don't get me wrong Flame tree's Ribs were really good but I really liked Tusker House. One other not to miss is Yak & Yeti (if you haven't tried it yet)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom