Flame Tree Barbeque dumps Corn on the Cob for muffin

teebin

Original Poster
Does anyone know why, other than cheapening the product, Flame Tree Barbeque did away with Corn on the Cob a few months ago and replaced it with a crummy Corn Muffin?

The muffins are sooooooo yucky and the Corn on the Cob really made the St Louis Ribs a really great meal.

EpcotGrl

Does anyone know why, other than cheapening the product, Flame Tree Barbeque did away with Corn on the Cob a few months ago and replaced it with a crummy Corn Muffin?

The muffins are sooooooo yucky and the Corn on the Cob really made the St Louis Ribs a really great meal.

Nooooo! :cry: Ribs & corn on the cob was my favorite at Flame Tree!!

tigsmom

More than likely it was the cost and shortage of fresh corn. Since it is used for a fuel source (ethanol) it has become very expensive and even products made with corn oils and cattle feed have risen sharply. Watch for the price drop in meats at the grocer while soaps and other products made with oil rise.

This is from July 2006.... Click Here

Vernonpush

More than likely it was the cost and shortage of fresh corn. Since it is used for a fuel source (ethanol) it has become very expensive and even products made with corn oils and cattle feed have risen sharply. Watch for the price drop in meats at the grocer while soaps and other products made with oil rise.

This is from July 2006.... Click Here
That's what I was going to say, Blame Bush!

teebin

Original Poster
This isn't a political discussion. Please refrain.

If anyone knows the real answer (although I really buy in on the corn/ethanol point made earlier)

tigsmom

I understand there is some tasty cornbread at the world, maybe they can get another chef to share the recipe. :lookaroun

mousermerf

Account Suspended
To be honest, corn was difficult and messy to eat - plus it got stuck in your teeth. It made pretty terrible counter-service food in that sense.

Lucky

They also made the same change at Hoop-de-do right? It now has cornbread but I think used to have corn on the cob instead.

ImaYoyo

I'm not a huge fan of boiled/steamed corn anyway. GRILLED corn is the way to go.... mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...........:slurp:

And yeah, they've been doing the muffins for a while now. Bleh... not too tasty. I think either myself or steve started a thread on this back in march-ish.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom