Flag recovered from Ground Zero on Display at Epcot

rcamire

Original Poster
At the American Adventure in Epcot they have a flag on Display that was recovered from the World Trade Center. Seems a voulenteer from Ohio, David Bliss discovered it while going throught the rubble. The flag is mosly intact, and fortunatley it's sprit is fully intact. I put pictures up on http://www.orlandorocks.com if you would like to check it out.

WDWFREAK53

Originally posted by rcamire
At the American Adventure in Epcot they have a flag on Display that was recovered from the World Trade Center. Seems a voulenteer from Ohio, David Bliss discovered it while going throught the rubble. The flag is mosly intact, and fortunatley it's sprit is fully intact. I put pictures up on http://www.orlandorocks.com if you would like to check it out.

One word...WOW

It's good to see this...it really is!!! Especially in the CENTER of WORLD SHOWCASE (being that American Adventure is in the middle)

Jerm

wow talk about being weird.....

Just yesterday I was thinking that one of the things that needs to happen in the next few years is update AA. I think one thing that should be done is add some of the stuff from 9/11, some of the video of the firemen and women and what they did on that day and after that. I think in the song part adding maybe jsut the part where they part with the flag from the actually WTC.

J

Thrawn

Account Suspended
Its been there since at least the 4th.

The flag has also flown at the World Series, and been brought into the Super Bowl, Stanley Cup, and both men's and women's college basketball championships.

kwt10

Do I feel stupid!!! We left EPCOT and did not go into the AA. We only went to the KidZone area for my kids to get their Passports signed. I wanted to see the AA but everybody else was in the mode of getting the Passports signed at the countries.

Jekyll

FYI this is a flag found at the WTC but it's not the famous one that was put up by the NYC Firefighters, which was also flown at the world series, super bowl and over the capital. That one is currently in DC at the Simthsonion.

Cmdr_Crimson

Found this on Nobodiesfool blog site..
Epcot_WTC+flag.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom