Fixing Villains Unleashed

71jason

DHS's park capacity is more than 30,000 so I wouldn't call the event overcrowded, just poorly executed.

I've heard the event was capped at 12k. So I have to agree, any significant reduction means it's not making enough money to justify.

The problem is everyone thinks you need to be on Hollywood boulevard to get a good view when anywhere around Echo Lake is a good spot and a good portion of Sunset boulevard is great viewing as well. The problem is the monstrosity of a stage that eats up a 1/3rd of the open area at the end of Hollywood and also serves as a focal point unnecessarily drawing guests into standing in front of it. The second 1/3rd is eaten up by the BAH but that's another story. Besides the Frozen fireworks show which is happening nightly usually has a larger crowd and there are no issues.

Also agree, and not sure how to remove the focus from the stage. Then again, MK has the same issue, by and large, just more space in front of the castle to handle guests.

CaptainShortty

roj2323

I've heard the event was capped at 12k. So I have to agree, any significant reduction means it's not making enough money to justify.

Also agree, and not sure how to remove the focus from the stage. Then again, MK has the same issue, by and large, just more space in front of the castle to handle guests.

Buldoze the stage and the BAH and push the fireworks launch sites back behind the park like MK.

Mr Anderson

I completely agree on points 1 and 2.

I disagree with you on points 3 and 4.

3) DHS's park capacity is more than 30,000 so I wouldn't call the event overcrowded, just poorly executed.

4) The problem is everyone thinks you need to be on Hollywood boulevard to get a good view when anywhere around Echo Lake is a good spot and a good portion of Sunset boulevard is great viewing as well. The problem is the monstrosity of a stage that eats up a 1/3rd of the open area at the end of Hollywood and also serves as a focal point unnecessarily drawing guests into standing in front of it. The second 1/3rd is eaten up by the BAH but that's another story. Besides the Frozen fireworks show which is happening nightly usually has a larger crowd and there are no issues.
I think we had a simple misunderstanding on point #3 - I was coming in from only experiencing last year's event. It seems this this years' event was a marked improvement over last years', as sources (http://www./2013/09/unleash-the-vil...acters-killer-fireworks-at-walt-disney-world/) tell me the park hit capacity at 7:30pm on the Friday the 13th event last year. I read that the gates eventually re-opened, but I assumed that it was from people saying "FORGET THIS!!!" and leaving. It was paaaaaaaacked. I do see above someone said this year's event was capped at 12k. That's WAAAAAY better, and would be much more manageable.

2. WAY more dates (at least 3 weekends)
This event is clearly a popular one! And why even stop at 3 weekends... why not have it happen as often as MNSSHP? Or even on the same nights to help out with capacity?

I don't understand why this event isn't offered the same general time frame as MNSSHP. It seems the two events attract the same "type" who are typically into Halloween. We're going to Sept/Oct and I don't know why this event can't be offered in conjunction with (probably the night adjacent to) MNSSHP.

Mr Anderson

I don't understand why this event isn't offered the same general time frame as MNSSHP. It seems the two events attract the same "type" who are typically into Halloween. We're going to Sept/Oct and I don't know why this event can't be offered in conjunction with (probably the night adjacent to) MNSSHP.
Well, it's only the 2nd year to do it, so I am hoping next year they will wise up and offer several dates for this event. They seem to be out for the almighty dollar even more than usual lately (hello extra premium ($99 party) at a premium event (MNSSHP)) so one would assume with this event they'd see the dollar signs. On second thought, I agree, adjacent nights would be better.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom