Fixing Epcot

Pippa

Original Poster
I think some new countries would nice although this is costly, how about Greece(they gave us the basis of our civilisation),Egypt(you could have a sphinx or something)or Russia(a mock up of Red Sqare). Anyway getting back to the point being british myself there are plenty of things to base an attraction on like Mary Poppins,James Bond, King Arthur, Royal History, Carry On Films I could go on and on. Do the WDW Imagineers read our ideas at all?

wahooskipper

How about a minature coliseum in Greece that could hold a nice outdoor show. Animal Kingdome excels in shows and you could bring a little of that magic to Epcot.

Maybe a joust or other "Knight Games".

meanmice

I have heard rumors before about bringing the Matterhorn to Epcot and i'd honestly like to see it. Since I am east coast based and have no plans to go to Disneyland I'd like to see that attraction built here. Of course this would mean building a new land like switzerland. Something to think about.:lookaroun

ArsonWinter

Epcot was made for technology, science, and world traveling. Don't get it confused with Disney Studios; I think adding anything that has to do with a classic (or non-classic) movie would ruin Epcot's atmosphere. It's a park unlike any other at WDW, and personally, I think it's held to a higher standard than the other parks.

It need not be "fixed," as you put it.

I think thrill rides may be pushing that formula a bit, but I won't complain, because they bring in the people.

As for additions, I think WS needs an Austraila pavilion. Yes, there could be a ride based on the history, maybe even housed in the famous opera house (?) that everyone has seen a picture of.

Also, I wouldn't mind a Brazil Pavilion. I'm sure they could add something worthwhile to WS.

BradleyJ

Originally posted by wahooskipper
How about a minature coliseum in Greece that could hold a nice outdoor show.

The Coliseum is in Rome, it would belong in the Italy Pavillion.

The Greeks were more know for Ampitheaters.

TheOneVader

If they made a Greece area then they could put amplitheaters. with shows intead of collusiums. Same shows, different building.

Pippa

Original Poster
Please don't think that I meant Epcot is rubbish when I said Fixing Epcot, I really meant enhancing it. Glad to see that a few of us quite fancy a Greece Pavillion,you could do a Hercules show and have a duplicate of the Parthenon as well as something to do with the birth of the Olympics.Does anyone else have any pavillion ideas?

MicBat

Ugh.. Russia... It's too controversial for Disney to make it into one of the WS countries. I know... I just took a test in Geog 1001 on Russia.. Not a fun subject. Greece, on the other hand, IMO, would be AWESOME! They could do a mythical type attraction with it.

dreamer

Originally posted by MicBat
Ugh.. Russia... It's too controversial for Disney to make it into one of the WS countries.

What's controversial about Russia? They've got problems, but at least they were on our side in World War II, unlike Japan,Italy and Germany which already have exhibits. And China -- talk about controversy, with their child labor, sweat shops, forced sterilization and forced abortions -- come on MicBat give me a break.

The only problem is that Russia's food is as boring as Germany's. I don't know many people that like borscht (sp?) as much as I do.

Katherine

I think Egypt sounds really interesting! You could put in some minature pyramids and sphinx and in the sphinx you could put a ride based on the nile seeing people throught the ages, but you'll get attacked by alligators and hippos(kinda like Mexican ride meets Jungle cruise).

I also like the Greece Idea! It sounds really cool!:animwink:

SirNim

Does anybody know where the LARGEST PARCEL of UNUSED LAND is in World Showcase, or for that matter, all of Epcot? Land about TWICE THE SIZE of the former Millennium Village with room to spare? RIGHT BEHIND THE AFRICAN OUTPOST!! It's just the right size for a mountain the size of, say, Kilimanjaro.

Attachments

• africa.jpg
    africa.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 232

jrashadb

Originally posted by cymbaldiva
When did EPCOT get "broken"?

:veryconfu

heh...
Hear, hear...
However, the ol' girl could use some sprucing up. Epcot isn't broken by any stretch of the imagination, but it certainly could be improved... doing womething witht he afforementioned parcel of land that passes as the abysmal and nearly offensive "Outpost" would be a big step.

jrashadb

I don't even want to start about the Outpost... I hate that place... It's a waste of a lot of prime real estate in Epcot that could be used for something worthwhile. I'm not going to go into how it's offensive to me personally just because I'm not in the mood to go there tonight... LEt's just say, building a South Africa pavilion there would be a step inthe right direction from Disney...
Anyway, yeah... Epcot doesn't need a total overhaul... it just needs tweaking. Maybe if they made Innoventions anywhere near interesting...

Henning

HI jrashadb!

I agree on the outpost. Even though they´ve got some very good ice-cream there. After I saw the satellite-picture where you can see how much open space there is behind the outpost, I´m almost certain that it has always meant to be temporarily. This piece of land is so precious for EPCOT that Disney has to built a new attraction there in some point of time (and I certainly hope it will be rather sooner than later).

I´m one of those EPCOT lovers who don´t really need a lot of thrill-rides in EPCOT (at least not in WS). I just enjoy the atmosphere around sunset, the tapestry of dreams/nations (I don´t really care to much as long as the music and the puppets stays the same) and talking to people from around the world. I think that´s the spirit that EPCOT is all about.

But I´m realistic enough to know, that you have to built thrill rides to bring the masses to EPCOT and make the place pay for itself.

So for me the comprise would be to use the money for one or two thrill rides in future world (not more, so the money is enough to have some really good ones that attract people) and use the rest give some extra pixidust to WS (and I´d suggest WS could use some extra space - it wouldn´t be the best idea to try to squeeze in as many countries as possible: That might ruin the atmosphere).

I hope they make the best out of it....

-Henning

cymbaldiva

Originally posted by jrashadb
I don't even want to start about the Outpost... I hate that place... It's a waste of a lot of prime real estate in Epcot that could be used for something worthwhile. I'm not going to go into how it's offensive to me personally just because I'm not in the mood to go there tonight... LEt's just say, building a South Africa pavilion there would be a step inthe right direction from Disney...
Anyway, yeah... Epcot doesn't need a total overhaul... it just needs tweaking. Maybe if they made Innoventions anywhere near interesting...

I agree with you (as usual :animwink: )!!

Let's just wish that the powers that be are reading this and thinking "Hmmm...what a fabulous idea!" :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom