Fixing Epcot

Testtrack321

Or why don't they make it ToN again. EVERYONE loved that parade and ran the whole WS promanade. Plus, it had more story, dramatic lighting, and better performers.

Michael72688

Originally posted by Testtrack321
Or why don't they make it ToN again. EVERYONE loved that parade and ran the whole WS promanade. Plus, it had more story, dramatic lighting, and better performers.

The reason the Morroco to UK portion was taken away was cause of constant weather problems. Like I said before I was there last night and there were so many people watching the parade you couldn't get through, this is not a parade for adults, it is a parade for kids, everytime a puppet reached down to one of the many kids around me, their faces just lit up and they got really happy, so in a way Disney should keep the parade, cause it really entertains kids, in a place were there isnt much for them to do!

Testtrack321

Originally posted by Michael72688
The reason the Morroco to UK portion was taken away was cause of constant weather problems. Like I said before I was there last night and there were so many people watching the parade you couldn't get through, this is not a parade for adults, it is a parade for kids, everytime a puppet reached down to one of the many kids around me, their faces just lit up and they got really happy, so in a way Disney should keep the parade, cause it really entertains kids, in a place were there isnt much for them to do!

Isn't much for them to do?!?!?! That's what WDW IS!!! And I saw more grown-ups and kids along with the performers enjoying ToN than ToD. And I knew the wind was strong on the bridge from France to England.

ToN was better and still is.

General Grizz

Originally posted by Testtrack321
And who's in the family... KIDS!

And parents, and grandparents, and godparents, and uncles, and aunts, and friends, and nephews, and nieces, and cousins....sharing precious time together.

I just hate "Disney" stereotyping - not by you, Testtrack, but in general - "Disney World is for kids..."

Barch! How dreadful!

Testtrack321

Originally posted by grizzlyhall
And parents, and grandparents, and godparents, and uncles, and aunts, and friends, and nephews, and nieces, and cousins....sharing precious time together.

I just hate "Disney" stereotyping - not by you, Testtrack, but in general - "Disney World is for kids..."

Barch! How dreadful!

Agreed, but Kids are a part of a Family, but the origional post in question said there was nothing for kids to do at WDW.

Michael72688

What I was saying was there isnt as much for kids to do at Epcot compared to other parks. and I was also saying the kids seemed to enjoy the parade just as much if not more than the adults

General Grizz

Right. And those KidCot Kidstops are not worth 50 bucks. :brick:

There used to be aweing attractions such as Horizons. Hilarious, well-done shows like Kitchen Kabaret. Discovering and inspiring attractions such as World of Motion. Purely imaginative Journey into Imagination. These are dearly missed family attractions, perfect for children and adults alike. Now...we get quick shows and thrill rides.

Michael72688

Originally posted by grizzlyhall
Right. And those KidCot Kidstops are not worth 50 bucks. :brick:

Ok, you've got me there,(even though for $52 they better give me more then a dumb mask) but young kids cant ride test track, dont really understand (or care for that matter) about contries around the world, they could go on Spaceship earth, but I even get bored on that one, They wouldn't want to do much in Journey into Imagination, They dont really care about plants from the Land, they'll probably like the living seas, cause of the animals, innoventions would be complex for them, Mission: Space will probably be too scary, if I was a kid like 4 or 5 the only ride I would like would be El Rio del Tiempo, of course this is just my opinion!!

General Grizz

Um..I kinda agree about children not having much to do. That's why I said the "KidCot FunStops" are NOT worth it.

I think the new Imagination will be entertaining. Not as much as the original. Wonders of Life and the Land in general should prove interesting. Spaceship Earth as well. But not Test Track. Not Mission Space.

copper

I have 8 year olds and they love Epcot. I've been going to Epcot since it first opened and in the beginning didn't like it. I was 13 when Epcot opened and there wasn't enough rides or anything "fun" to do. Now there is so much stuff to do. The last day at Epcot my girls went around world showcase and collected all the stamps from all the countries and decorated their mask at each booth. There are characters in the countries and entertainment. My girls liked the drums in Japan. I had to drag my kids away from all computer games and interactive kiosks in innovations. I think there is something for everyone there. I think Epcot would be better if each country had a ride not just a movie.

copper

I forgot to add that Test Track and Journey into Imagination are there favorite rides. I still like the original JIYI but its much better then the last rehab. JIYI was the last ride before heading back to NY. They are still singing that song!

Dwarful

our kids (my own 2 girls, niece and 2 nephews) all enjoyed Epcot on our last visit and we always spend at least one full day in Epcot. we MUST eat lunch or early dinner in Germany because my girls adore the food & music! None of them really enjoyed the parade on our last trip.. out of the four parks this parade was their least favorite. In fact I from their feelings we wont do squaters rights for this parade again. But thats just my family. The boys in middle school loved the American exhibit and Maelstrom (it wasnt under rehab when we were there), thought Mexico was alright and really enjoyed the sights UK. Test Track and all was of course a big hit..even with the five year old! But everyone is different...in our family we do things as a family...and enjoy experiencing things we cant see or do here in the midwest. IF we wanted thrill rides we would drive 30 mins. to Six Flags..

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom