Trip Report Five Years Flies When You're Having Fun!

WE'RE BACK!
(Did you even know we had left?)

That's right, M and I just got back from another Disney trip that occurred before I even finished my previous trip report. It's been a busy two months! I didn't even have time to make a PTR!

Who: Me and M (with a quick cameo by my brother, Jay)
What: An extended weekend Disney vacation
Where: WDW Swan
When: October 26-30, 2019
Why: Our five year wedding anniversary 💜💜💜

Stay tuned for food, drinks, and lots of FUN!

bee

Original Poster
Thanks for sharing your trip with us; it was a lot of fun to read. And I didn’t see the foot so much as a lopsided hidden Mickey ... 😀
Thanks for reading! I maaaaay have seen Mickey first but then the foot later. :hilarious:

Two things...

1) HOW are you 20 years younger than I am? I assume your maturity and my youthfulness (immaturity?!) make me we think we're much closer in age. :geek:

B) Life is always better with CHEESE. your pics make me want to visit California Grill again... a lot. :hungry: although, I had the BEST cheese board here in town when I took Kevin out for his birthday (since he took me to JIKO...). If you're ever in Milwaukee, (first, CALL ME!!) you need to eat cheese at BACCHUS on the lakefront. it was incredible!! (and three times the size servings of cheese compared to the WDW options)

thanks for taking us along on your Anniversary Trip. What a great way to celebrate your commitment and your love!!

Happy Thanksgiving!!
1) Well thanks! I think it's a combination of being the oldest child and having a younger sibling whom I helped to raise, and the fact that M and I met so young and have had time for our relationship to mature in a way that a couple who met later wouldn't.

2) Great to know! M's extended family lives in Wisconsin so that's actually a possibility.

Thanks for reading!

I'm always up for second breakfast and I second that the veggie scramble looked delicious!

Thanks for another great read.
Thanks for reading!

Enjoyed reading about your anniversary getaway! And happy you are making good use of your APs!
We sure are! This may be the last year we have them so we've got to go big!

Funny - we semi-accidentally ended up at the Honig winery on our trip to Napa this summer. I'm not a big white wine drinker, but I do enjoy their Sauv Blanc. The honey BEE wine is worth a try :)

Enjoyed your report! It has me all "a-buzz" for our trip next week!
I would totally try it! Have a great trip! 🐝

Such a great report!
But about those “Californians” comments....
😎🏄🏻‍♀️🌴
Listen, I know plenty of Californians who are wonderful people...but I do not trust them to make ANYTHING at WDW! :hilarious:

Enjoyed your TR! Thank you for sharing your Anniversary celebration at WDW, with us. 😊
Thank you!

Thank you for sharing your anniversary with us! Sounds like it was a blast!
It was!

As usual, what an excellent TR!! By the way, I really liked your comments about the renovations in the SWAN lobby, etc. They hadn't started those, when i was there back in May, 2018.

I noticed you used (or called for) ride-share services down there. I just used taxis, or if I was at the main entrance to either Swan or Dolphin, the bell captain outside would just call over a towncar, as they always had quite a few parked at both. Never waited for any transport to the airport. So that's just a tip for the future. :)
Thank you for the tip! That's great to know!

Loved reading along on your TR, and Happy Anniversary!
Thank you!

bee

Original Poster
Some final thoughts...
  • We needed this vacation! Both of our jobs have gotten very busy and intense over the last year and since we basically work opposite schedules (she works office hours, I usually work evenings and weekends) we need all the time together we can get!
  • We love the Swolphin! Having now stayed at the Boardwalk we have a better point of comparison and we still love the Swolphin! We have found the service to be better at the Swan and Dolphin, and we really like the rooms, especially at the Swan. Now that both hotels have new and improved QS options and renovated common spaces they have even more of an advantage.
  • We used very few FPs and had very few ADRs before arriving. And we loved it! It was nice to just relax at the resort and not feel like we "had" to be somewhere all the time.
  • Our MK day was so pleasant! The heat was manageable and the crowds were quite low due to the Halloween party. We rode FOUR rides and had a TS meal! Compare this to our last MK visit when we were in the park for half an hour, rode nothing, and only ate Casey's vegan dogs.
  • Swolphin pool>Creepy clown pool 🦢🐬>🤡
  • We liked revisiting some F&W favorites. We still didn't get to try two curries because of heat/crowds.
  • Rose and Crown tea breakfast 💯 💯 💯
  • California Grill and Il Mulino: great as always! We will be back!
  • We didn't watch ANY fireworks/nighttime shows this trip! Who are we?? (Answer: people who aren't ready to admit that IllumiNations is really gone)
  • Soooo many CMs (especially young CMs) congratulated us on our anniversary! And we got so many free desserts!
  • Skyliner: ❌❌❌ for me!
  • M observed that staying in the Crescent Lake area is really not an advantage for visiting Hollywood Studios, especially during 90% of the year when it is HOTTTTT outside. You either walk the hot path, or you wait in a hot line for a hot boat.
  • Next trip: Starting November 22! We have multiple free nights at the Dolphin :D:D:D thanks to Marriott and my rewards credit card. My brother will be joining us for part of it and we'll be visiting some family in north Florida for Thanksgiving after we visit the Mouse.
Thanks again to everyone who followed along! I always enjoy writing these and reliving my trips and it's more fun when I know my Disney friends are enjoying them too. :joyfull:

Darstarr

In the Parks
No
Eagerly awaiting Nov 22nd.
Loved this TR btw. I liked the leisurely pace. You two seemed to really enjoy each other and WDW!!!
Happy Anniversary one more time.
giphy.gif

eb3257

Happy Anniversary! This was a fun read and I appreciate how you write final thoughts at the end of your trip reports. How long does it take you to walk from the Swan to Epcot? How about Hollywood Studios? I've looked this up but the answers are so varied.

bee

Original Poster
We'll miss you by a week!
I'm happy that you and M will be going back very soon! :joyfull:
Sad we'll miss you! Will you be there before or after we are?

Great TR. Glad you and M had such a nice anniversary trip.
Thank you!

Thank you for sharing and Happy Anniversary again! Can't wait for the next one!
Thank you!

Eagerly awaiting Nov 22nd.
Loved this TR btw. I liked the leisurely pace. You two seemed to really enjoy each other and WDW!!!
Happy Anniversary one more time.
giphy.gif
Thank you! Looking forward to the 22nd!

Happy Anniversary! This was a fun read and I appreciate how you write final thoughts at the end of your trip reports. How long does it take you to walk from the Swan to Epcot? How about Hollywood Studios? I've looked this up but the answers are so varied.
Thank you! I think it takes us about 15 minutes to Epcot and 20 to DHS.

riverside

The event was fun and informative!
That sounds really neat!! I'll have to look into that.
LISTEN HERE, CREEPER! We already HAVE lunch plans today!!!
I can't tell you how many times that happened to me this last trip. It was EXTREMELY CREEPY!!
Um, yeah, I hated it. Never again.
I'm right there with you.

Great TR as always!! Have fun on your next trip!!

bee

Original Poster
My husband and kids play this game!

Great trip report! Thanks especially for sharing your skyliner experience.
I love watching M play! It's hilarious!

You're welcome! I'm sure it's a great experience for 80% or more of the people who ride it, but anyone with any kind of phobia of heights, flying, falling, etc. should be cautious about whether or not to ride.

After. We'll get there Dec 1! 🙂
Have a great trip!

That sounds really neat!! I'll have to look into that.

I can't tell you how many times that happened to me this last trip. It was EXTREMELY CREEPY!!

I'm right there with you.

Great TR as always!! Have fun on your next trip!!
Thank you! Glad I'm not the only one who doesn't enjoy the Skyliner! And you should totally try the tea breakfast!

lindawdw

Sounds like a wonderful trip! It was fun to see pictures of the Swan and Dolphin since we only visit there once a year at Christmas time to see all the decorations. Your meal and view at CG was amazing. Thanks for sharing your vacation memories with us!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom