First timer with 4 kids HELP !!

imagineer99

Originally posted by MadameCheshire
Oh, if you are looking at the Fast Passes it is a good idea to get the ones fro Buzz Lightyear, Space and or Splash Mountain, and Haunted Mansion first because they seem to he the first to run out. I am not sure how much the little ones will like the roller coaster or Haunted Mansion, but just a tip.

-Sam

Haunted Mansion is constantly moving...therefore it loads a bunch of people quickly. I wouldn't waste a fastpass on it.

imagineer99

Ft. Wilderness is accessible to MK via bus or boat. For other theme parks, it is strictly by bus.

I have never stayed there personally...

Also, please see IllumiNations! It's simply awesome:)

tigsmom

Take the boat from Fort Wilderness (you share with the Wilderness Lodge) and head to the MK. You can hit the monorail from there. The ride isn't very long, I don't have a time because we never pay that much attention. Its only about 10 minutes or so. There is a boat from the WL to the Contemporary also. The bus rides aren't that bad & you will share them with the WL. With four little ones you may want to take your own car to MGM & AK as the wait for the bus is hard for the little ones after a long day (big kids, too).

There is a walking path from Fort Wilderness to the WL thru the woods. I haven't been on it , but I hear its very nice.

Dwarful

Ok heres some more info to add to the confusion! We always take advantage of the early entry with the children you can see alot of Fantasyland in short amount of time! Also, our children like the buffet in Germany, they have a variety of foods that appeal to children and adults. Also the Character Meal at Liberty Tree is a big hit with the whole family.

Our children love the autograph books and make sure you take lots of photos w/characters when getting autographs, makes such a great souvineer when your home. When riding the monorail from park to park you might try to get the kids in the front our girls loved that, daddy laminated their Drivers license and put it in their princess billfolds they bought at MGM. Also, bring along lots of shiny pennies and quarters for the penny press machines (WARNING: these can become addictive) and they sell the little books to keep the pennies in. THe kids just get a big kick out of collecting those and its relatively inexpensive!

We have always stayed at the allstars, so I can't offer any advice for that.

wannabeBelle

Hi MyMomee, Welcome to the boards, I Am pretty good on the dining side of things so Ill see if I can help a bit on that.
Character meals: There are a bunch that are offered. The primary difference is in the characters that appear at each and where they are located. There are character breakfasts and dinners available at different locations. Some of my favorites are the Crystal Palace with Pooh & Friends, The Storybook Princess breakfast in Norway with several princesses, Chef Mickey's in the Contemporary & Cinderella's Royal Table with Cinderella & friends. The Princess ones are VERY tough to get . Id suggest that you call 1-407 WDW DINE and ask them where your kids favorite characters will be during a character meal. They will be able to help you on that. You should be OK for most of the character meals and not have any issue except for the Princess ones. if they can get you into one of them GO!!!! They are probably one of the toughest reservations to get on property.
Dinner Priority Seatings ( PS for short) I Always make a dinner PS for all of the restaurants I want to go to for dinner. I am not much on the hamburger/hot dog thing, so I prefer to eat in ( usually moderate) sit down restaurants. I strongly recommend this for EPCOT and it isnt a bad idea anyhow. if you make a PS and the restaurant isnt crowded no harm no foul, if it is crowded, plan on a long wait and maybe not even getting into the restaurant you'd want!!! I saw one guy who was looking for a restaurant to eat in in EPCOT. He couldnt get into any of the sit down restaurants, they were all booked!!! For restaurant listings, menus and prices check out our friend Deb Wills' site at www.allearsnet.com. Go to the Dining section and click on the Menus ( on your left hand side) Check out the kids menus too as all sit down restaurants have them!!
Fantasmic Dinner Package- I have done this before and didnt really find it worth it but it does depend on how flexible you are about waiting for Fantasmic! This show is amazing and should be considered a do not miss!!! The basic premise is that you go, each adult orders one meal and you all get priority seating for Fantasmic! I dont much care forMama Melrose ( too smoky wood flavor for me), The Hollywood Brown Derby is lovely but very upscale and expensive. Hollywood & Vine might work well for you though. It is a character meal, buffet style in a very cute atmosphere. Check out the menu to see what is available in terms of food and again PS or reservations for any of these places can be made by calling 1 407 WDW DINE.
Good luck and post any other questions!!! Belle

hbrady77

Originally posted by MadameCheshire
It may be a good idea to go on the parks other than these days..

Mon - Magic Kingdom
Tues- EPCOT
Wed - MGM
Thurs - Animal Kingdom

Great, I'm going next week and that's the order I picked! Too late to change since I have the priority seating already booked in the respective parks each day. Oh well.

Dwarful

If you have the hopper passes, then on the day you go to AK you might want to go back and revisit your favorite rides at another park. For us its almost always back to MK for Fantasyland. Either way, have fun, enjoy and take loads of photos!

I didn't notice anyone mentioning the Meal Deal at Animal Kingdom - check it out and see if they still have it - we love it for the kids and adults because it includes a second drink and a popcorn or ice cream during the remainder of the day. I am sorry I can't remember how to get it, but I think you can stop in at any resturant and purchase the package. Does anyone else know if they still offer this and where to purchase the tickets?
If no one posts an answer, just ask any Cast Member and they should be able to give you information. We found this to be one of the best meal deals in the parks. This is only offered in Animal Kingdom.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom