First timer questions about passes

CoffeeJedi

Passes are non-transferrable. A few years ago we tried to have them "move" 1 day from one pass to another, but they couldn't (or at least wouldn't, per company policy)

Upvote 0

Nemo14

A pass is good for the one person who owns that pass. So a 7-day pass would allow that person to enter the parks on 7 different days....

Upvote 0

sbkline

Each person has to buy his own ticket for the amount of days that each person plans to visit. If you and your brother both plan to visit the WDW parks on 6 days of your trip, each one of you will need to buy a 6 day pass.

And each one of you will have to decide if you want to pay extra to add parkhopping privileges and/or a no expiration option onto your tickets.

Upvote 0

1sttimerwith4

Original Poster
Ok .. I think I get it ..
Am I overlooking something or dows ticketmainia and undercover not sell 1 days passes?

We are going to WDW just for the day while we are visiting family in FL.

Upvote 0
It's just too bad now that they switched to Magic Your Way tickets. Basically their slogan is, "The longer you stay, the less you pay." So you're paying around the same amount of money for a 4-day-pass as a 7-day.

People like you who just want to see Disney for one day are sort of screwed. We bought ours from eBay, and we got them for $61 a piece. But I wouldn't recommend it. We got ours great, delivered, the guy was fantastic, emailed, asked about our trip...BUT many people have informed me from these boards that eBay can't always be trusted and people have gotten screwed over.

Good luck finding some one-day cheap tickets, because, as I said, eBay is the only place I know of, and that's a bit dangerous:)

Upvote 0

Moustronaut

Am I overlooking something or dows ticketmainia and undercover not sell 1 days passes?

No, you are not missing anything. Ticketmania does not sell a 1 day/1 park ticket or a 1 day park hopper. The shortest ticket they sell is a 3-day ticket. They target people who are going for longer times that are likely to visit more than one Disney park.

I looked on AAA and they do not offer a discount either on single day park tickets. They sell them for the $67 dollar retail price.

Upvote 0

polynesiangirl

Just to recap for you:

1. You can't all use one ticket. There isn't a way for you guys to "hand off" so to speak as you go through the turnstiles either, so for 6 people, each person will need their own individual one day pass.

2. The one-day pass that is most economical is the one-day, one-park pass as opposed to a one-day park hopper pass, which would allow you to visit multiple parks in one day but is more pricey. I assume your family is only going to go to one park, so that should be a non-issue.

3. Don't buy passes off of eBay or places like that. As someone mentioned below, they got lucky when it worked out for them but it can easily go sour. There is basically no way for you to know if someone is selling you valid tickets until you get to WDW (they can't check them at the Disney Store or anything.) The safest way by far is to buy from Disney, to make sure you don't get screwed. You'd hate to fork over a couple hundred bucks or so only to find you've been had as you try to walk through the gates.

I hope this helps. I basically just condensed what was said earlier, all good advice! :)

Upvote 0

Nemo14

Most places do not sell the one-day passes. As was said before, you should choose which park you want to go to and buy a 1-day park ticket from WDW for each of you.(you can do this ahead of time on line)

Upvote 0

Boray

OK, I have a question. My husband and I have 2 park hoppers, non-expiring that we bought in 2001. My aunt (who has VERY limited finances) is going to spend 2 days with us when we're at WDW this October. We want to give her our two passes (each has 1 day on it). I don't remember if they had the biometrics when we made the purchase or not. We used 3 days in 2001, 1 day in 2004 and have 1 day left on each. Would they be able to tell that they had been used by us (a few years ago), or can we give them to her? Otherwise, she probably won't be able to come with us for the day (we don't have the money to buy her a 2 day hopper either). Also, we exchange who uses the tickets (between my husband and I) everytime we use them (we don't put our names on them, and my husband just hands out tickets, I know I've used his and he's used mine to enter the parks, each time without incident).

We just want to do something really nice for a family member, are we going to be able to help her, or is she out of luck?

Upvote 0

Moustronaut

OK, I have a question. My husband and I have 2 park hoppers, non-expiring that we bought in 2001. My aunt (who has VERY limited finances) is going to spend 2 days with us when we're at WDW this October. We want to give her our two passes (each has 1 day on it). I don't remember if they had the biometrics when we made the purchase or not. We used 3 days in 2001, 1 day in 2004 and have 1 day left on each. Would they be able to tell that they had been used by us (a few years ago), or can we give them to her? Otherwise, she probably won't be able to come with us for the day (we don't have the money to buy her a 2 day hopper either). Also, we exchange who uses the tickets (between my husband and I) everytime we use them (we don't put our names on them, and my husband just hands out tickets, I know I've used his and he's used mine to enter the parks, each time without incident).

We just want to do something really nice for a family member, are we going to be able to help her, or is she out of luck?
Officially... no you are not permitted to do this. But since a 2001 park hopper ticket did not have any biometric info associated with it (If any pass did, only annual passes did back in 2001), there really isn't anything to prevent you from giving the extra old tickets to your aunt. you might have to exchange these for newer ticket media. You can do this at any guest services outside of one of the four parks. If you need to exchange them, do this one day at a time, preferably at seperate parks. Obviously you'll have to buy new tickets for yourselves to use, but you really shouldn't have much of a problem letting your aunt use the old ones.

Upvote 0
I agree; giving them to your Aunt should be no problem. They don't have your names on them (they shouldn't if they're from 2001) so they won't be asking to see ID or anything. And the bio-metric scanners don't do fingerprints...at least that's what I was told by a Disney Cast Member. They just measure the length and width of your fingers.

My mom and sister experimented by switching their tickets. My sister could use my moms (because her fingers fit in the parameter of my mother's fingers), but Mom couldn't use Alyssa's because her fingers were bigger. It made sense...even my little sister and her best friend could switch tickets...their fingers were basically the same size and they had no problems.

Have fun on your trip! I'm so jealous!:)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom