first time to universal

Stitchy626

Original Poster
Hi traveling to universal and staying at hard rock hotel for 7 nights on November 19th, so just wondering what there is to do as its are first visit here? We have tickets to both parks for all 7 days but after reading other threads on here people say u can do them in a few days. would like to visit Disney world but very expensive and feel as though would be rushing around to enjoy everything orlando has to offer. so my other idea is to enjoy the parks and sit round the pool and catch abit of sun as we don't get much here in the uk.

StageFrenzy

Week before US thanksgiving, weather could be anywhere from 30-90 so dont pack your clothes till the day before you leave. Will you have a rental car? That will enable or limit you in your adventures. I'd say a solid three to four days at the Uni parks will be more than enough. In the "UNI bubble" at City walk and other resorts there are many restauraunts, multiple night clubs, a movie theater and putt putt golf. If you have the time and bank, a trip to seaworld could be an option. There are multiple clothing outlets in the surrounding environs. International or I-drive has many distractions and some might even be worth your time. The sun is free, however so is the sun burn. Enjoy!

Stitchy626

Original Poster
Week before US thanksgiving, weather could be anywhere from 30-90 so dont pack your clothes till the day before you leave. Will you have a rental car? That will enable or limit you in your adventures. I'd say a solid three to four days at the Uni parks will be more than enough. In the "UNI bubble" at City walk and other resorts there are many restauraunts, multiple night clubs, a movie theater and putt putt golf. If you have the time and bank, a trip to seaworld could be an option. There are multiple clothing outlets in the surrounding environs. International or I-drive has many distractions and some might even be worth your time. The sun is free, however so is the sun burn. Enjoy!
Nope no car hire so as u sed limits us abit

Stitchy626

Original Poster
We are hoping to may be do 2 weeks in 2016 over christmas/new year at disney world so its not too bad if cant do too much this time around. Beachs are too important really samd gets everywhere so its a real pain

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
First timer?

You could easily spend two days in each park to see every attraction and show, do shopping (window shopping if need be!) and to take it easy. Do your favourite attractions a few times. Nip back to the hotel for a dip. Explore city walk during the day and at night. Play mini golf.

As mentioned above maybe aim for a day at Seaworld too. It's not too far and I'm sure concierge can suggest transport. Disney for a day or two would be pushing it a bit especially without a car. You'd either rush round and not see everything - and in just one park- or wish you had another week. Plus it'd be a lot of added expense for not the best experience.

Stitchy626

Original Poster
thanks for the feedback seaworld looks really cool will look into going and buying tickets. cant understand y people seem to think its expensive at universal seems to be very reasonable or cheaper once ive converted prices to £'s

danpam1024

we're staying 8 nights in June at HRH- and we go all of the time! we don't like to rush around and some days we spend at the pool all day. Lighter park days= later nights for us as well, either at the Palm and Velvet Lounge or City Walk. I LOVE the mini golf too (better at night). You will have plenty to do and not have to kill yorselves trying to fit it all in a couple of days:). If you do want to get away- there's stuff on I drive nearby. You will not be disappointed with HRH- have fun!

StageFrenzy

thanks for the feedback seaworld looks really cool will look into going and buying tickets. cant understand y people seem to think its expensive at universal seems to be very reasonable or cheaper once ive converted prices to £'s

Of course it's cheaper with the lovely exchange rate.

s&k'smom

My husband and daughter have decided they want to go to Universal to see Harry Potter I feel like I'm cheating on Disney but then saw pix of the Hard Rock Hotel and now I really want to go!

BigGreen73

Perfect thread. I've been to WDW 9 times since 2004 and never been to Universal. So the wife and I have decided that we want to give Universal a try. With all the stuff at WDW right now (FP+ etc) Universal looks better and better. Right now I am looking at the 1st few weeks in May 2015.

I am looking at an of 5/4 - 5/13. That will give us a couple days at each park, a couple off days for relaxing, visiting city walk, checking out the resorts etc, and a day or two to head to Sea World.

I think we'll be staying at Loews Royal Pacific. From what I have been reading, they provide complimenatry shuttle/bus services to Sea World and other parks. Is that correct? We are not renting a car.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
^ the Pacific uses to, best to ring or check when you arrive if they still do.

If so, do check the times. Generally it was once out in the morning and once back in the evening. Not a continuous service. But it is free!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom