First time cruiser questions

tracyandalex

we are leaving next week for our first cruise. we are doing the 3 night bahamian cruise on the wonder. the travelers are me, the mr, and our daughter (18 months). ok, here are the questions:

what is the protocal on tipping?
how does breakfast work, we have only seen info regarding dinner?
how do we change our dinner assignments?
how much luggage can we carry on?
any additional tips are very much appreciated

thank you!

tracy

Disneyfalcon

we are leaving next week for our first cruise. we are doing the 3 night bahamian cruise on the wonder. the travelers are me, the mr, and our daughter (18 months). ok, here are the questions:

thank you!

tracy

Tipping is both standard and expected. You should budget at least $12 per night per person in your stateroom. Even the 18 month old. More for exceptional service.

Breakfast is at your leisure. Every night you will get a Navigator in your room listing the next days activities. It will list which restaurants are serving breakfast and what times. There are also order forms for room service that you can hang on the outside of your door before you go to bed if you'd like room service the next morning. That won't work the final morning, your servers will let you know what time you will eat your final morning, or you can eat at Beach Blanket Buffet which will be open until 8:30.

If you would like to change your dinner rotation or time, go to Wavebands as soon as you board. If they can accomadate you, they will.

No limit to carry ons, but anything you don't give the porters, you'll be carrying around until your staterooms open around 1:30

Have fun!!:)

Upvote 0

Phonedave

thank you!

tracy

You will be given envelopes for tips. Recommended tips for the entier 3 night cruise are per person (your daughter included) are as follows (these are TOTAL tips, given on the last night of the cruise)

$11 per person for the Dining Room server (or $33)
$8 per person for the Assistant Server (or $24)
$2.75 per person for the Head Server (or $8.25)
$11 per person for the State Room Attendent (or $33)

They will give you envelopes on the second to last day of your cruise, you can either put cash in them, or if you go to the guest services desk, you can put the tip on your credit card and they give you a ticket you can put in the envelope.

Of course you can adjust your tipping based on service.

It is also customary to give the porter in the cruise terminal $1 or $2 per bag if they help you (just like you would a skycap)

If you are doing any sort of drinking at a bar on the ship, you should tip your bartender, just as you would at any bar.

If you go to the spa, a tip is not out of place for your masussse or nail tech or whatever sort of treatment you get done.

As far as breakfast is concerned, as was explained, you will get a newsletter telling you what dining rooms & buffets are open the next morning - you just walk in and eat. Same goes for lunch, no set time or place, just go eat whenever you want (twice if you want to) and the pizza / burger / sandwitch bars are open all day at the pool deck.

Of course there is always room service as well (which is free - unless you order soda) and is available 24/7. But then you should tip the room service delivery person a buck or two as well.

As was said, Wavebands can change your dining rotation, if there is space available, and you can carry as much luggage as you like - but really just carry some swimsuits and any necessary items (medical or baby related)

Everything else that you "checked in" will be in your stateroom when it opens at 1:30. And they open at 1:30, not before. Somtimes a few minutes later, but I have never seen earlier. They open them all at once, not as they are cleaned and prepped.

-dave

Upvote 0

tracyandalex

Original Poster
thanks for the info! i do have a couple of follow up questions though:

will our bags be in our room at 1:30 or is it some time after 1:30? we have dinner at Palo that night and are not sure if we should carry on our dinner clothes or not.

speaking of Palo, is that tip for the servers included with the others or is that one seperate?

are there any activities for my 18mo at Castaway Cay?

thanks again!
:wave:

Upvote 0

Disneyfalcon

thanks for the info! i do have a couple of follow up questions though:

will our bags be in our room at 1:30 or is it some time after 1:30? we have dinner at Palo that night and are not sure if we should carry on our dinner clothes or not.

speaking of Palo, is that tip for the servers included with the others or is that one seperate?

are there any activities for my 18mo at Castaway Cay?

thanks again!
:wave:

Your bags will probably not be in the room at 1:30. Usually you have them before dinner, but once we haven't, so carrying on Palo clothes is a good idea.

Tip for Palo is separate, and will be done when you pay your bill there.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom