First Time at Pop Century- Questions

SteveW

What are the Pros? For a Disney property the price is good. It is easy to find your way around. Food court was ok, nothing great. Check in was very quick and smooth. Staff was helpful. Hippity Dippity pool
What are the Cons? Noisy, dirty and dingy both inside and out. There was trash behind bushes, vomit on stairs, gum stuck in places. It didn't seem up to Disney standards to us.
Good or Bad Bus Transportation? Centralized loading point was packed near opening and peak times. We weren't bit fans.
How is the food court? I expected more based upon reviews but it wasn't bad.
This has been my family's only deviation from staying at CBR. We were there for 3 days only. We didn't care for the resort as a whole and don't plan on booking there again.
I was there the 1st week of December 2012 and thought the place was very clean. I was over on the 90's side and did walk around the resort and over to AoA and didn't notice anything like you mentioned. Sorry to hear that you did.

Jessica Meier

I have only stayed at Pop. Our trip this year will be the first non-Pop trip. It is super fun. Great theming and fun picture taking. Pools are great. Relatively quiet for as busy as it is. Food court was yummy. Just make sure to go early before the crowds hit. The only real negative was in certain areas you would walk be shrubbery and there was a stench. Almost smelled like puke. It happened both of our previous trips so doubt that was it.

DDuckFan130

I have only stayed at Pop. Our trip this year will be the first non-Pop trip. It is super fun. Great theming and fun picture taking. Pools are great. Relatively quiet for as busy as it is. Food court was yummy. Just make sure to go early before the crowds hit. The only real negative was in certain areas you would walk be shrubbery and there was a stench. Almost smelled like puke. It happened both of our previous trips so doubt that was it.

Ah yes the stench! LOL Isn't it like fertilizer or something to kill the bugs? Either way we always encounter the stench at Pop lol.

DisneyDude10

The stench is pretty much the only downside. It's not all over but when you pass it you know it. Just walked up to the room and hit a smelly spot along the way. Thank god for petals!

alindley

The Mom's Night out tv Dinners sound terrible but are among the best things there. The large cupcakes and the sundae station are the best bang for snack item purchases if you're on the meal plan. If not, I would try and split them cause they can get pretty big. They do offer pizza delivery if you're looking to avoid walking if you're far away but it can get pretty expensive depending your preferences and size of family. If you're on the meal plan avoid getting the simple stuff that you can get at any of the parks like chicken nuggets or pizza and try some of the specialty items.

DDuckFan130

The Mom's Night out tv Dinners sound terrible but are among the best things there. The large cupcakes and the sundae station are the best bang for snack item purchases if you're on the meal plan. If not, I would try and split them cause they can get pretty big. They do offer pizza delivery if you're looking to avoid walking if you're far away but it can get pretty expensive depending your preferences and size of family. If you're on the meal plan avoid getting the simple stuff that you can get at any of the parks like chicken nuggets or pizza and try some of the specialty items.

Unfortunately Mom's Night Out dinners are gone :(

Snickerdoodle

The bussing was horrible. Always had the longest wait. No shade waiting for the bus. The outdoor elevators are like ovens. When you open the door to your room it smashes into the bed. No coffee maker.

Positives: Low room rates.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom